Search for content in message boards

Allen Family From GA< FLA>SC>NC

Allen Family From GA< FLA>SC>NC

ritasue1 (View posts)
Posted: 25 Apr 2001 10:24AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 13 Jan 2002 1:31AM GMT
Surnames: allen
Looking for information on the Allen Family tree possible came from Ireland, Scotland, or England. Any info would be appreicate.

Re: Allen Family From GA< FLA>SC>NC

foodjock (View posts)
Posted: 25 Apr 2001 8:12PM GMT
Edited: 26 Jun 2001 11:13PM GMT
I am descended from the Allens of Twiggs County Georgia who migrated to North louisiana around the 1830's or 40's. The family patriarch was Gideon Allen born in Twiggs County circa 1807 and died at Redlands, Louisiana (near Plain Dealing, La.) around 1878. He and his family (wife, children, etc including two former slaves) are buried in Salem cemetary in that area. He was my Great, great, great grandfather.

Jim Stringer (View posts)
Posted: 26 Feb 2004 4:15PM GMT
Surnames: allen, stringer, kerr
i too am looking for Allen's in Ga. My grandmother was anna allen, married William Floyd Stringer , Jefferson ga, jackson county, I remember Dad saying they wen to Atlants to see her people , but she lost her mind had to go to state hospital in 1927, died there in 1948, records there do not list a mother or father, any Help a w w allen and a charles allen was at her funeral as was a annie allen kerr? Jim Stringer

rka63 (View posts)
Posted: 4 Feb 2008 5:09PM GMT
My line of Allen's stayed mostly in NC early then spread to upper Georgia and eastern Tenn. in the mid 1800's. My 8x great grandfather, Hugh Allen, was born in Chown Co., NC in 1678. The family moved to Mecklenberg Co., NC then to Rutherford Co. NC. The base of the family stayed there but as with most families at the time when there are 10 to 12 children they began moving some, hence the Georgia, Tenn. connection. If this sounds like it will help let me know and I can give more detailed info.

brandiberryhillvannoy (View posts)
Posted: 15 Feb 2013 4:45PM GMT
Edited: 15 Feb 2013 4:46PM GMT
Surnames: Allen, Knight
would your allens be tied to the allens (specifically -Henry Jordan Allen - ) from rutherford co tenn

Henry Jordan Allen
Birth 21 Feb 1849 in Rutherford County Tennessee
Death Living
Death 4 May 1930 in Hughes County, Oklahoma, USA

Pamela Allen (View posts)
Posted: 16 Feb 2013 3:31AM GMT
High Allen was my 8th Great Grandfather too. It is so hard to find any thing on him. if you can help i would appreciate it thank you... I guess we are cousins? Pamela Allen

mzscott_15423 (View posts)
Posted: 23 Feb 2013 2:12AM GMT
I'm looking for information on Peter Allen, born June 30, 1842, Jones County, married to Clereacy (Clara) Allen, who had a daughter named Mary Allen, Pamlico County, NC who had a son named James H Allen, Pamlico, Craven County, NC. Any information will be helpful.

dippig (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jun 2013 3:10AM GMT
I am looking for Tony E Allen Born 1862 in Georgia married a Emma born 1870 had these following children Lelia Allen Born 1887 Sumner Allen Born 1889 And Dot born 1893 all born in ga.

Pamela Allen (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jun 2013 4:36AM GMT
Surnames: Allens
Sorry i have nothing on Peter or his family

Re: Allen Family originally from England and then to GA?

julialouisebell (View posts)
Posted: 20 Aug 2013 10:28AM GMT
Surnames: Allen, Brooks, White

I believe my Brooks, White and Allen line may have come from the Plymouth, Devon area to GA and other parts of the States. They were seafarers, pilots (sea) and Fisherman. Do you know if any of the Allens you are discussing here heralded form these parts?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions