Search for content in message boards

Carpathian Reflections website

Carpathian Reflections website

kika3_au (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jun 2013 4:44AM GMT
Classification: Query
I have created a website called Carpathian Reflections to share the results of some research I have done over the past year on a collection of records held by LDS for the Greek Catholic Munkacs diocese. The diocese covered Transcarpathia including much of the Zakarpattia region.
You will find the website at www.carpathianreflections.com

The original catalogue listing is in Cyrillic and does not give place names. I have started to index these films with locality names for the parish records. There is also a lot of other information on these films, some of which has been transcribed. While the majority of the data related to greek catholics, there are some records relating to marriages between people of different faiths.

To view the website you need to use internet explorer version 9. Otherwise use GoogleChrome. You will also need a Google Docs or Google Drive account to view the database information. I ask that everyone who uses this site to transcribe a line of data collection on the projects page.

Re: Carpathian Reflections website

DennisHaluska (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jun 2013 8:33AM GMT

kika3_au (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jun 2013 9:07AM GMT
Thanks Denis

MaximAv (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jul 2013 5:35AM GMT
Hello,kika3_au, great job. It's good we have more and more pithy sources for Carpathian region.

I'm working now over complete list of Hungarian and Rusin names of villages for Zakarpattya. First parts will be published soon on my site.

Posted: 1 Jul 2013 10:41AM GMT
What site MaximAv? You have a website?

Dennis

MaximAv (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jul 2013 1:12PM GMT
Why not, Dennis? Here, I've published first part of the Hungarian-Rusin village names list, Ung megye.

http://transcarpathia-research.com/read.php?4,38

It takes time that's why entire project will be completed in a month or so.

Posted: 1 Jul 2013 5:41PM GMT
Great! Dakaju...

Dennis

Mighthelp (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jul 2013 8:03PM GMT
Edited: 1 Jul 2013 8:11PM GMT
Maxym.

There a dozen or so villages that were in Ungvar jaras, that are missing from your list. They had Rusyn communities living there as well.

By omitting them from your list, are you stating that those GC Records are not in Uzhorod Archives?
===========
I did not check the other districts you listed, however can we infer that above also applies in these other districts.

Mighthelp (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jul 2013 9:00PM GMT
kika3.

You have taken on a herculean task, and I commend your accomplishment to date.

It is a nice looking site!

There are two suggestions that I do have.

It has been my exp that many posters interested in genealogy are older and do not possess sophisticated computer skills. Is there some way of simplifying the transcription process?

I personally do not like using Google Translator. It is not good in translating any of the Cyrillic based languages. A much better online choice is the Bing Translator. It does not garble the sentences as much as Google does.
==================================
Again, Congratulations!

Hannia - Hania - Mighthelp

kika3_au (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jul 2013 6:40AM GMT
Hi Maxim,
Thanks for making this list available. The more information we have for this under researched area of Ukraine, the better.

kika
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions