Search for content in message boards

Searching For Info.

Searching For Info.

shortmom58_2 (View posts)
Posted: 3 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 2 Jan 2004 6:54AM GMT
Surnames: KUBINA, KABINA, CALTIK, MAJTAUKA
I am searching for all the information I can get on these names and Somerset county,Pa. I know that KATY MAJTAUKA married first JOHN CALTIK on 19 August 1905. She signed with a (X)mark he signed with JANO CALTIK. They were united
in marriage by REV. D. KVACALA. Listed place of residence was Winber,Somerset Co.,Pa. John was listed as a miner. On 24 Sept.1906 John Caltik died in that area. It is unknown if it was a mining accident.
She "KATY" was remarried on 1 Jan.1907 to JOHN KUBINA(KABINA)at the time she had a small child. He died in that same area sometime between 1914-1919?. She "KATY" also died
Before 1920. She died in a house fire area unknown in SOMERSET COUNTY,PA. Leaving four children to be placed in
the ORPHANAGE. On 1920 Census I could find two of the children 1: STEVEN KABINA (listed as KOBINO) age 14
and his sister 2: CHRISTINE KABINA(listed as KOBINO)age 12
The other two children I could not find were 3:KATHERINE
and 4:JOHN born 1914.
I will appreciate any help I can get. Thank You in advance.
Sincerely, Ruth

Steven kabina

Bertha kabina (View posts)
Posted: 3 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 18 Dec 2006 7:53PM GMT
Surnames: Kabina
Hi Ruth
I am bertha kabina. this is so exciting I think this is my great grandfather and grandfather you are searching for
please E-mail me. dodge@wpia.net

House fire in Windber kills widow leaves four children around 1920

palmgps (View posts)
Posted: 18 Dec 2006 6:03PM GMT
Edited: 18 Dec 2006 7:55PM GMT
Surnames: Kubina, Kabina, Bates
One of the children sent to the orphange upon the death of Katy Kabina may be my husband's father. My husband's father's name is John Bates. He was adopted by a family in Darlington (Ligonier, PA area). Recollections indicate that John's father was killed in a coal mine and his mother died in a house fire. He has at least one brother.

Mary Bates

Re: Searching For Info.

durstshaffer (View posts)
Posted: 19 May 2010 9:56PM GMT
Surnames: Windber
Hope you have found more data on your Windber family. Please share your records with the Heritage Room at the Windber Area Museum, I am attempting to compile as many as possible of the ethnic families for our files, please help.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions