Search for content in message boards

Smith Family of Potter Township, Center Co, PA

Smith Family of Potter Township, Center Co, PA

LynWilson51 (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jul 2006 10:39PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Smith, Troup, Stroup/Straub/Troup, Armin, Lusher/Lesher/Loscher, Minnich, McMillen, Pryer, Lane, Ream, Cephart, Stanford, Graham
I am an ancestor of John Smith, [wife unknown] born abt 1710 in France, died in 1800 in Center Co PA. Children of Stephen b. 1730 - 1750; Catherine; David; George; John; Mary; William; Peter b. abt. 1767, d. 1809.

Re: Smith Family of Potter Township, Center Co, PA

CarolynShadd32 (View posts)
Posted: 17 Apr 2007 3:18PM GMT
Surnames: Smith
I have been looking for my GGGGf. b. 1811 PA. married a Susan Margaret / Family moved to Chester Twp. Ohio . I have been trying to find his family. I foumd where there is a William, George, John Smith all lived in Chester Twp. all about the same time. It is a posabilty they could be connected. Do you know if any of them left PA. and where?

A lot of Smith family's settled in Chester Twp. Cannan, Ohio

You can Email me at (rjlg103@aol.com.) If you think this could be your John Smith, I do not mind sharing what I
have.

Carol

CarolynShadd32 (View posts)
Posted: 20 Apr 2007 5:39PM GMT
Surnames: Smith
Is your John Smith the same John Smith b. 1810 that moved to Chester, Twp. Ohio.? I do not mind sharing what I have on him.

I have been looking for his family.

Thank You Carolyn Youcan e-mail me if you like at rjlg103@aol.com

dgkrivoski (View posts)
Posted: 12 May 2007 11:48PM GMT
I am interested in George Smith. I understand he was a child of Peter and Catherine, George(b.1755 d. 6/5/1843) married a Eva (b. 1759). They owned land on Great Island (western half) and some property across the river to the south on Bald Eagle Creek. They had 10 kids: John Smith, Catherine Smith Fisher, George Smith Jr., Adam Smith, Jacob Smith, Eva Smith Sterling, Peter Smith, Philip Smith, Samuel Smith, Michael Smith. My Husband is a descendant of gr grandfather McKean Smith born 1839 Clinton(Lycoming) Co. PA s/o Jacob Smith. Is your Peter the same as this?

LynWilson51 (View posts)
Posted: 19 May 2007 2:14AM GMT
I do not believe so. The stayed in Center Co & may have gone to Lancaster but I have been unable to make the Ohio connection.

LynWilson51 (View posts)
Posted: 19 May 2007 2:26AM GMT
I do not believe so. Smith is such a common name & records that far back have not been good. I am looking in the dark.

My George about that time had siblings of Stephen, Catherine, David, John, Mary, William, and Peter. His father was JOhn & we do not know his spouses name.

MaryDain (View posts)
Posted: 19 Mar 2010 12:30AM GMT
Are you sure the father was not Phillipus Adam Smith who immigrated in 1740 to Philadephia with wife Maria Catherina Jung and two children Catherina Gertruda and Phillipus Adam?
I believe, but have no proof as yet, that Phillipus Adam Smith Jr, may have been the father of Mary Phillipa Smith who married William FitzRandolph in Centre County in 1802. William and Mary Phillipa had children born in Clarion Co: first Mary (his mother's name), 2nd Taylor (his father's name), Sussannah (her mother's name?) and Adam (her father's name?) and others after that. There is no Adam in the Fitzrandolph line and Mary's middle name Phillipa is unusual, so I am looking for a connection to the Adam Smith family in Centre County.
Mary

mandyasb22 (View posts)
Posted: 22 Oct 2010 4:52PM GMT
Surnames: Smith, Troup, Tibbens
Hello,

I see that no one has posted in this chain for a while, but I wanted to see if anyone knows any information about Maria (Mary) Troup, wife of Stephen Smith, who was a Rev War soldier. I am a descendent of Jane Smith, relative of Stephen, who married John Tibbens. I'm working on proving my lineage to Stephen for DAR application (supplemental). I have found that some people link Maria Troup to the Straub family; however, I haven't found proof of this lineage. Any help would be great!!! (Smiths or Troups) Thanks!

LynWilson51 (View posts)
Posted: 23 Nov 2010 3:42AM GMT
Check Rootsweb. The Stephen Smith b. 1750 in my tree has an attached story with the documentation you would need.

MaryDain (View posts)
Posted: 29 Nov 2010 1:19AM GMT
I found your tree and notes but no attached story. Please give me more info.

I am feeling at this point that my Mary Phillipa Smith was the daughter of Phillipus Adam Smith Jr. born abt 1740 in Germany or PA.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions