Search for content in message boards

TATUM FAMILY

TATUM FAMILY

TATUM_RANDALL (View posts)
Posted: 12 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 11 Aug 2001 8:01PM GMT
Surnames: TATUM, BAKER
STILL LOOKING FOR INFO ON THE TATUM'S OF LAWRENCE COUNTY.I HAVE A JONATHAN TATUM GETTING A LAND PATENT IN LAWRENCE COUNTY IN 1841. I THINK HE WAS BORN IN NORTH CAROLINA. IN THE 1850 LAWRENCE COUNTY CENSUS HE IS LISTED AS 70yrs OF AGE WITH A MARY 60yrs OF AGE. ALSO LISTED IS ELBRIDGE(HIS SON?) AND HIS FAMILY. ELBRIDGE HAD A BROTHER SETH WHO LIVED IN MONROE COUNTY WITH HIS WIFE BELINDA LOWE. SETH AND BELINDA HAD A SON BY THE NAME OF WILLIAM WHO MARRIED WINNIE L. BAKER OF LAWRENCE COUNTY. THEY MOVED TO NEBRASKA IN ABOUT 1899. WILLIAM FATHERED 19(MAYBE 22)CHILDREN. I HAVE BEEN TOLD THERE WAS ANOTHER WIFE. WHO? WOULD LIKE TO FIND WHERE JONATHAN ENDED UP.

Johnathan Tatum

deannajo84 (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 31 Jul 2004 10:19PM GMT
Surnames: Tatum
Elbridge I believe was the son of johnathan and think that Johnathan died between 1850 and 1860. Elbrige married Matilda fox and I'm researching daughter's Lydia and Permilia both married into my family of Holman. Anyway let's work together on this tatum Family Mystery. deannajo84@millenicom.com

Re: TATUM FAMILY

jgroat2800 (View posts)
Posted: 24 Dec 2005 10:29PM GMT
Surnames: Tatum, Hill
I to found the land grant and wondering if it is my Jonathan Tatum. The same you are refering to. His daughter Minerva married William Mannon Hill. Would love history on this family.

RandallTatum (View posts)
Posted: 25 Dec 2005 1:18PM GMT
Edited: 20 Jan 2006 7:36PM GMT
Surnames: Tatum, Lowe, Jones, Helms, Fox, Carmichael, Peters, Sparks
Yes he is the same Jonathan, born in Virginia not North Carolina as I once thought. Manon bought his father in-law
Jonathan's farm in 1853. A son of Manon, Benjamin, is living on the farm in 1880. I don't have much on Manon and Minerva and need to work on them. What can you share?

Judith Groat (View posts)
Posted: 26 Dec 2005 4:56PM GMT
Surnames: Tatum, Hill, Sipes, Vaughn
Randy,
Do you have anything on Manon's parents? My husband's line goes down through Benj, so I am glad to have that information about the ownership transfers on the farm. I have the lineage down to us. How much or what info would you like?
I am happy to share what I have. John Ranson, Benj. son was murdered by his second wife. Interesting facts! I also have that John Ranson Hill was Cherokee Indian, but cannot prove this. Do you have any native American information on the family?
I have children of Manon and Minerva as: Benjamin Franklin, William, Mary, James and Louisa.

RandallTatum (View posts)
Posted: 29 Dec 2005 2:38AM GMT
Edited: 20 Jan 2006 7:36PM GMT
I don't have any info on Manon's parents. It would be great to learn about the Hill family so any info you can pass along would be great. From time to time I hear of some Native American connection but nothing concrete.I am e-mailing what info I have on Manon to your e-mail address.

JillettaBradley (View posts)
Posted: 31 May 2007 5:30AM GMT
I have a Crafton Tatum will from Lawrence Co., IN 1850 that names children: Elizabeth Matdox, Mary Matdox, Oraney Turner, Rebecca Fullilove, William Tatum, Susannah Hamilton, Lucy Dixon, Matilda Flinn, and America Flinn (wife of William Flinn). Any of these yours?

judylync1 (View posts)
Posted: 1 Sep 2007 7:42PM GMT
Surnames: TATUM, DIXON, COOPER, FIELDS, SHEEKS, PHILLIPS, LEONARD
I am interested in Lucy Tatum, daughter of Crafton Tatum, who was married to Thomas Dixon. My husband is descended from her oldest daughter Susannah Dixon Cooper. I would like to share information about Susannah. I am also interested in knowing where Crafton Tatum and Lucy & Thomas Dixon are buried.

Thanks in advance for any help you are able to provide.

JillettaBradley (View posts)
Posted: 2 Sep 2007 3:33AM GMT
I have some info on the Dixon and Tatum families. I am linked into Crafton Tatum and Susannah Fullilove through North America Tatum who married William Flinn and through Thomas and Lucy Dixon's 3 daughters who married John Allen's sons. And Thomas' 2nd wife Sarah Newkirk and their son Elijah Dixon. Thomas is buried in Proctor Cemetery with his 2nd wife Sarah. Here is his stone. His parents William and Liscolm Taylor Dixon are buried one block over in a field. Would like to share info. jbradley@rtccom.net
Jill
Attachments:

judylync (View posts)
Posted: 5 Sep 2007 3:02AM GMT
Surnames: Dixon, Cooper, Tatum, Phillips, Sheeks, Fields
According to other information I've found on line, the Thomas Dixon who married Sarah Newkirk was a different person. This Thomas Dixon and Sarah were married in 1820. Our Thomas Dixon and Lucy were married in 1818 and had their first child, Susannah, in 1819, with 5 or 6 more after that.

If anyone out there knows where another Thomas Dixon and wife Lucy are buried, I would love to know. Also, does anyone know where Crafton Tatum is buried?

I have information on Susannah Dixon, who was married to Jacob Cooper in 1837. Their oldest son Daniel Boone Cooper was born in 1840, and my husband descends from him. I have quite a bit of information on Jacob and Susannah's descendants including pictures of their son Daniel Boone Cooper and his wife Sara Jane.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions