Search for content in message boards

William ASH, Manchester

William ASH, Manchester

fcross70 (View posts)
Posted: 24 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 29 Jan 2004 6:04AM GMT
Surnames: ASH
Searching for details on William Ash born about 1800 in Manchester. Son Richard married Mary Parker in Stockport, Cheshire 1847. Their children were Mary Ash, Charles Bateman Ash, Henry Ash and James Ash.

JAMES G ASH

unclegarf (View posts)
Posted: 6 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 22 Feb 2002 2:21PM GMT
Surnames: ASH ROBERTS TITUS
Hit the wall on this one hope there is a connection ! his lat home was in laporte in , thnx.

Ash Queries

SonnyOB (View posts)
Posted: 21 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 3 Aug 2001 9:31PM GMT
Surnames: Ash, OBrien, Rollins, Conway
James Ash Married Mariah ? in Dublin, Ireland had a daughter Margaret, she married James OBrien had several children in Yonkers, NY. Edward OBrien born in yonkers 1891, a daughter Mariah Rollins,a daughter Mrs Daniel Regan, from Yonkers, NY two sisters, Mary Conley from Butte Montana and Bridget McEvoy from Yonkers, NY, a brother, Patrick Ash from South Orange, N.J. Margaret died in 1933 and the above mentioned siblings all survived her.

Re: William ASH, Manchester

brendaannash (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jun 2001 6:32AM GMT
hello, my grandfather Percy Ash 12-4-1890 was from stockport he married my g- mom annie latham 6-25-1895 from lancastshire. they had three kids born in uk, percy,albert,and mary.the other too born u.s.bernerd,james.They came to the u.s.a 1920.I know my grandf 's father name was william.I think my grandf mother name was ann or mary i know she died in 1930's.Percy had sisters name mary but called molly or polly.not sure of the other names.he had brothers or brother one name harry.THERE NAME WAS SHORTED FROM ASHES.I know they were welsh. you can contact me SAVLOUR@AOL.COM

pd_lyng (View posts)
Posted: 2 Mar 2003 10:34PM GMT
Edited: 2 Jul 2003 3:18AM GMT
I have a family who were born in lancashire
John Blanchard Ash who maried an Ann Agnes Pearce
1900 Liverpool
they had at least five children who were the cousins of my mum
William, Gertrude,Ann , Sophia,etc
John died 1914 the children were shared out among the family my mum used to write to Gertrude but I have lost contact since she died diane

SAVLOUR (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jun 2003 5:41AM GMT
Hi Diane,
My Ash family was orig spelled Ashes. My Greatgrandfather was a William ashes 1859 married elizabeth Ann morgan.I believe that William had at least 8 siblings and my grandfather was born in Stockport but, I think there is a possablity that they where from Salford. I recently made contact with a second cousin from Farnworth and I hoping to find out more about the family in england. So far I have not come across the name John Ashes in my family.. There is a web site under free uk BMD record and A free 1901 UK census. I hope this will help you. If I do come up with that name I'll contact you. Here is my email SAVLOUR@AOL.COM
What part of England you are about?

pd_lyng (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jun 2003 3:47AM GMT
Edited: 2 Jul 2003 3:18AM GMT
my grand fathers brother was John Blanchard philip Ash
b 1874 Chadwell St Marys Essex marr in Liverpool to Ann Agness Pearce had William ,Gertrude ,Sophia and 2 others
also looking for two gt uncles Henry Peter Lakeman Ash b1832-3
&George Christopher Ash b1834-5 somewhere sos of Christopher & Jane
Diane

lindsey ash (View posts)
Posted: 26 Feb 2005 6:24PM GMT
Surnames: Ash
Hi Brenda
My family are Ash from Salford before that we came from Cheshire, not sure if we are related, ive got us back to Thomas Igi ash b1615 have you got any more info on your Ash family yet
thanks Lindsey Ash, Salford

Brenda (View posts)
Posted: 26 Feb 2005 8:33PM GMT
Surnames: ASH
Lindsey.
Hi, my Ash line is spelled ASHES. So far I have not come across any Thomas Ash or ashes. Richard Ashes brn 1800 in Cumberland his father William Ashes brn where? Richard married in Warrington abt 1828 and his son William was brn 1830 in Warrington. believe Richard and his family moved to Salford abt 1839, which I think is a hop and skip away from Warrington. Richard's son William married in Manchester abt 1853 and his third son was also name William was brn 1859 in Salford then William married 1886 in Stockport and my grandfather Percy was brn 1890. There was alot of familes in Salford with the surnames ASH,ASHE,ASHES AND ACHES. Back in the 1800's alot of people did not know how to write so alot of surnames was mispelled. I even found some of my Ashes under the spelling of Ash in the 1901 census. I do have a photo of William brn in Salford 1859 and if you like to see it, just email me back at SAVLOUR@AOL.COM
New York USA

diane lyng (View posts)
Posted: 27 Feb 2005 10:37PM GMT
MY WILLIAM BORN 1900 LIVERPOOL TO JOHN &ANN ASH NEE PEARCE
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions