Search for content in message boards

Hübner Family Home??

Hübner Family Home??

LindaFFletcher (View posts)
Posted: 9 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 22 Jul 2004 1:16AM GMT
Surnames: H�bner, Huebner, Hebner
Looking for location in Germany (it may have been Denmark at that time) where my ancestor, Nicholas Henry Hübner, was born. I am looking for any siblings or parents. He immigrated to America around 1790 to 1792. He left from a port in Denmark and ended up in Michigan (possibly by way of New York or Pennsylvania), and crossed the border to Ontario, Canada in 1804.

What portion of Germany were the Hübners originally from? Can anyone give me possible leads?

Linda Fletcher
lfletcher@thegrid.net

Huebner

LindaFFletcher (View posts)
Posted: 10 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jul 2004 1:16AM GMT
Surnames: H�bner, Huebner, Hebner
Hi Marie,

Thanks for the information. I'll try Hessen and see if I can find anything. At this point it's like looking for a needle in a haystack. But any clue at all is worth checking out. I have absolutely no idea where in Germany my ancestor, Nicholas Henry Hübner came from. Thanks for all your wonderful information.

Linda Hebner Fletcher
lfletcher@thegrid.net

Hubner / Huebner

Marie Gerbig Siferd (View posts)
Posted: 10 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Huebner, Gerbig, Schmidt, Pockat
Elizabeth Huebner and J. P. Gerbig were the parents of Johann Michael Gerbig (24 Jan 1831). Place of birth listed on marriage registration of Michael Gerbig & Johanna Schulz, Town of Milford, Jefferson Co., WI, was Erlenbach or Erlenburg, Hessen, Darmstadt. This marriage, second for Michael, took place on 21 Mar 1869. The first wife of Michael Gerbig was Catharine L. Weight or Waite.
Often a whole group from one village emigrated together & settled in the same areas of the U.S.
Gerbig names appear in the cemetery records for Canada. There are quite a few Gerbig names in the telephone books in present-day Germany.
Through another Gerbig researcher I found out that he had visited a Gerbig homestead or family farm in Maar, Germany, which had been in the family for quite awhile.
I am very interested in any connections with Huebner names that you may have for Wisconsin, Iowa, Indiana, or Illinois, since those are the states in which there has been evidence of Johann Michael and his family.
Hopefully, this may give you a few clues upon which to base further research. Please post your results if anything turns up. Thanks.

Hubener

Emily Blunt (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Hubener
I have information on Eleonore Hubener,married Frederick Schirmer on april 21,1860 in Milwaukee.Frederick is my Ggrandfather.

Eleonore Hubener who married Frederick Schirmer

Marie Gerbig Siferd (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Gerbig, Heise, Pockat, Schulz, Schmidt, Fritz, Huebner, Dieck, Barnick
Hi,
Can you post your information about the Huebner/Hubener and Schirmer marriage on this Germany site or on one for Milwaukee Co., WI?
Do you know if there is a connection with relatives in Jefferson, Dodge, Rock, Juneau, LaCrosse, Waupaca or Shawano Counties in Wisconsin or in Mitchell Co., northeastern Iowa or northern counties of Illinois or southern counties of Minnesota? Descendants of my Huebner and Gerbig and Schulz families located in those areas.
Thanks

Schmidt

Anita Bielefeldt Carter (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Too many to list
I noticed you have Schmidt listed in your list of names. I also have a Schmidt in my family. His name was Hermann Schmidt and he married Johanne Elsie Bielefeldt. Do these names sound familiar to you? I also know they had a son named after Hermann because I have Hermann listed as a Senior.

Thanks in advance, for any help!!

Anita Bielefeldt Carter

Re: Hubener

Goobers4 (View posts)
Posted: 23 Nov 2001 2:02AM GMT
Edited: 22 Jan 2003 1:19AM GMT
Hi,

I am looking for more info on an Albert Hubener who's parents were from Milwaukee, Wisconsin. His grandfather was suppose to a indian chief in the Winebaga trible do you know of any of your Hubeners that might be related. He lived in Johnstown, Pa. and then in Youngstown, Ohio He married a Jesse Forester, Hamilton.

JOyce

Re: Hübner Huebner Schirmer connections in Milwaukee ...?

rebholzgary (View posts)
Posted: 27 Mar 2014 12:54PM GMT
Edited: 27 Mar 2014 12:59PM GMT
Surnames: Hübner Huebner Schirmer Breuer Henning Stein Gutzmann Manske Fleuch Schumacher Sharping Kroening Busack Wendt Krempel Krupp Fiebrantz Ramstock Remtz Siegel Vogl
There's a surprising number of Hübner Huebner names (150 entries or references), but only 25-30 Schirmer entries or references found in "Milwaukee's German Newspapers; an index of death notices and related items" (1844-1950). (The large archive of these newspapers and the index remain a local resource.) Some other surnames connected with these families are Breuer Henning Stein Gutzmann Manske Fleuch Schumacher Sharping Kroening Busack Wendt Krempel Krupp Fiebrantz Ramstock Remtz Siegel Vogl.
gary.rebholz@gmail.com, originator/compiler/editor, Milwaukee Wis.
Indexing Milwaukee's German newspapers continuously since 2007... helping family researchers find their ancestors among Milwaukee's 99%.

Re: a Hübner family's home?

rebholzgary (View posts)
Posted: 27 Mar 2014 1:34PM GMT
Edited: 27 Mar 2014 1:37PM GMT
Surnames: Huebner Hübner
Some Huebner / Hübner emigrants found in the German language newspapers published in Milwaukee have connections with places like Dittersbach a. d. Eigen, Klorin (Pommern), Ohlau, Flensburg, Prosen, Bauschheim, Greifswald, Thorn, Kleinhainersdorf, and Neustettin.

"Milwaukee's German Newspapers; an index of death notices and related items" (1844-1950).
gary.rebholz@gmail.com, originator/compiler/editor, Milwaukee Wis.
Indexing Milwaukee's German newspapers relentlessly since 2007 ...
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions