Search for content in message boards

Oliver Wetherbee -Revoluntionary Soldier buried in Chautauqua???

Oliver Wetherbee -Revoluntionary Soldier buried in Chautauqua???

nummerruth (View posts)
Posted: 30 Aug 2002 4:36AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 29 Apr 2003 4:50AM GMT
Surnames: WETHERBEE,
The Chautauqua web site lists Oliver Wetherbee as a Revoluntionary War soldier known to be buried in this county but burial site is unknown. He is listed along with :
Nicholas Bovee,Martin Luther Comstock,William Ely(Eley),Daniel Gates,Joseph Thayer and William Wallace.
My question is how do they know that these men are buried in Chautauqua county? Also do they have any further information on them? Like their dates of birth or death? Where they served?
My 4th Great grandfather was Oliver Wetherbee b. Sept. 15,1739 in Stow,Middlesex,MA and died September 1813 in Kingsbury,Washington,NY. I know that his family also resided in Chautauqua county and I am wondering if the Oliver Wetherbee buried somewhere in Chautauqua county is my ancestor.
I do not know if my Oliver was in the Revoluntionary War or not. He would have been the right age to have been in the war.
Would be grateful for any help in this matter.

Re: Oliver Wetherbee -Revoluntionary Soldier buried in Chautauqua???

deedavidson71 (View posts)
Posted: 30 Aug 2002 9:16AM GMT
Edited: 6 Apr 2003 7:57AM GMT
Hi;

There is ALMOST no trace of ANY WETHERBEE here in the county;
I did not find any Rev data on Oliver either;
name shows here in 1820 census only
with a young family;
oliver wetherbee 2 0 0 1 1 0 4 0 1 1 0 0
this is 2 sons under 5 and 4 dau under 10 etc;
I very much doubt there is a Soldier burial here
and one Oliver was in War of 1812, not found here either
ONE EMMA WETHERBEE
was married to Rev Soldier Josiah MORSE and came here to Findley Lake, he is buried here, she in Chicago,

Ruth Haire (View posts)
Posted: 4 Sep 2002 4:39AM GMT
Surnames: WETHERBEE, WILLARD,HASKELL
Hi Dee,
Thanks for your reply and for taking the time to check on Oliver Wetherbee for me. I think the Oliver Wetherbee in the census is Oliver Willard Wetherbee who was Oliver's son. I did receive a reply and lookup from another kind lady who did find the listing for my Oliver Wetherbee in Kates book. He is my Oliver Wetherbee who was md. to Rachel Willard and although he died in Kingsbury,Washington,NY it states he is buried in Chatauqua county. He was a revoluntionary soldier - a private in Capt. Joseph Fairbank's Company. Col. Asa Whitcomb's regiment.Oliver Wetherbee marched 21 April,1775 to Cambridge,MA, with his company in response to the Lexington-Concord alarm of 19 April , 1775. He was on duty for 3 days.
(Massachusetts Soldiers and Sailors XVL p. 824). This single term of duty is the only record yet located of his service as a
soldier in the American Revolution.
Born April 8, 1743 in Stow,Massachusetts, he served from
the town of Harvard,Massachusetts.On March 11,1762 he married Rachel Willard born 27 November,1745 daughter of Tarbell and Rachel (Haskell) Willard. He died ca. 1820 in Chautauqua,NY, but the date of his death and place of his burial are not known. It goes on to tell of a son Oliver Willard Wetherbee.I do know that Chautauqua,NY is the birth place listed for several of Oliver Willard Wetherbee's children and of his brother James Wetherbee's children. Oliver Wetherbee's will which was dated Feb. 22,1813 and proved October 20,1813
lists him as Oliver Wetherbee of Kingsbury. I have been told he died in Sepember 1813.

whitemule (View posts)
Posted: 15 Mar 2008 3:56AM GMT
Surnames: Wetherbee, Creath
Am pleased to receive any info on Oliver Wetherbee. I am descended from his granddaughter, Lusetta Millen Wetherbee, who married James Anderson Creath, 31 July 1820. I need to find a lady who joined the NSDAR under the Patriot Oliver Wetherbee, a few years ago. I know her grandmother was named Helen Creath Earley.

Richardson_Pam (View posts)
Posted: 13 Nov 2011 1:59PM GMT
Lt. Oliver Wetherbee's 12 children were born in Wendell, Massachusetts, according to several sources on-line
and to the Wendell, Mass. Vital Records.
Do you know who Lt. Oliver Wetherbee's father was??
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions