Search for content in message boards

TOUCHSTONE, JONES

TOUCHSTONE, JONES

dhj823 (View posts)
Posted: 7 Mar 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 22 Jun 2001 7:07AM GMT

I made a mistake in the Query posted about Virginia Ann OWENS and her Husband, James TOUCHSTONE, born abt 1821 and died in Dec 1872. They lived in Port Deposit, Cecil County, MD. Their daughter, Cornelia Alice, born 27 Feb 1845, married Hugh Andrew JONES and they lived in Castleton, Hartford County, MD. James TOIUCHSTONE served as Quartermaster of the 6th Maryland Infantry during the Civil War. I am seeking information about his parents and the mother of Virginia Ann OWENS. Any help would be much appreciated.

Re: TOUCHSTONE, JONES

Dee Touchstone (View posts)
Posted: 24 Oct 2001 12:09AM GMT
Surnames: Touchstone
Any chance that your James Touchstone had a son born in 1837 named George W. Touchstone? He was my great -great grandfather.

Thanks

David H. Jones (View posts)
Posted: 24 Oct 2001 2:00PM GMT
Surnames: TOUCHSTONE, JONES, OWENS
My James Touchstone was born in 1821 in Port Deposit, Maryland and did not have a son in 1837. I am aware of other Touchstones still in Maryland and Virginia at that time, so perhaps your ancestor could have been related to one of those families. In my view, all are related as they came from the same original immigrant. Do you have any more facts? Please advise.

Cordially,

David

Dee Touchstone (View posts)
Posted: 24 Oct 2001 2:13PM GMT
All we have from the past is what we found at this site. We ofcourse, have info from Walter onward. The family lost contact with all his brothers and sisters years ago. What do you have regarding where the Touchstones immigrated from???

Thanks for the reply!!

David H. Jones (View posts)
Posted: 24 Oct 2001 3:20PM GMT
Surnames: TOUCHSTONE, JONES, OWENS
I believe that the Touchstone Family came from England, possibly Ireland, but of English stock.

Have you visited my web site at http://home.earthlink.net/~earthalive/
for more information on the Touchstone family. Who and where (located) was Walter?

Cordially,

David

samtouchstone (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jul 2011 8:52PM GMT
If you are still accessing this site, I would love to know what you have regarding the original Touchstone family lineage in the US. Particularly 1) the lineage of the part that left MD for Anson Co. NC and 2) our original lineage before arriving in the states. Thank you!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions