Colonnfam5 (View posts)
Posted: 24 Apr 2012 7:58AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 25 Nov 2012 9:13PM GMT
Surnames: Mazzuca/Pellegrino/Pecora
His Parents were:
Rosario Mazzuca B: abt 1843 D: ?
Mother was Maria Iusi B: 1845 D: ?

Francesco married Barbara Pellegrino in Rovito (may have had some family in San Fili ?)
They Married in Rovito 20 FEB 1901
5 Children
:
Salvatore B: 1902 D: ? (wife's nickname Dolly (Dorothy ?), had one son Francesco

Rosario B: 1905 D: 20 Aug 1988 in White Plains NY, Married Corrinda Vetrano, had one son also named Lawerence (Larry) fought in Vietman. Died in 2010/11?)
Maria B: 1907 in the Bronx. NY. M: Francesco Pecora in Rovito D: 20 Mar 1997 in Golden BC Canada. (my Grand Parents) had 5 children 1 girl and 4 boys. Delfina and Vincent born in Rovito the other 3 boys born in Canada.

Antoinetta B:1921 M: Gigi Cossu D: Jan 2012 no children

Rosaria married Francesco Giordano. they had one daughter that may have died in her 20's?
Family members have been back to Rovito but the Mazzuca family is no longer there. My question is does anyone know of Francesco Mazzuca's siblings?
We have lots of records of his comings and goings to the US and Canada, but would love to learn about his Parents and siblings, as well as Barbara Pellegrino's family. All our elders have now passed away and can't fill in the blanks. Would love to touch base with the Mazzuca family.

Re: Francesco Muzzuca B: 1874, Rovito, Italy

mmpa1169 (View posts)
Posted: 25 Apr 2012 11:58PM GMT
When I traced Mazzuca, Mazzucca, line back it went to Melfi, Potenza on origination. Seems they ended up in Calabria region by marriages and travel. I know my line of Mazzucca's left Calabria region in late 1890's and the last females in 1900's. They settled on Long Island- Hempstead Twp. Have you written Rovito commune? The communes in that area have excellent records then helped me find my great grandfather's biological mother. Where a genealogist could not an dput him with the second wife. What a mess. But the commune was wonderful- I wrote San Martino di Finita commune a letter requesting great grandfather birth, make sure in Italian-I bable fish the translation as I do nto speak Italian). I heard the military records are great to have- lots of family information but the one location in Calabria region had a fire in section that my great grandfather record was kept.

Re: Francesco Muzzuca B: 1874, Rovito, Italy

Colonnfam5 (View posts)
Posted: 26 Apr 2012 3:49AM GMT
Surnames: Muzzuca/Pellegrino/Pecora
Thank you for your info. Our Mazzuca's went to Chicago in abt 1912 to join a Lampone (bother in-law) and his one son and a daughter settled in Yonkers, NY. One things is for sure they sure travelled a long way to make a good life for their families!
Will go and order the Rovito Records at the Family Research centre next week. I don't speak italian either aargg! If no luck there, then will write to the Commune.
Thanks for the heads up on the Military Records, Calabria was hit with a massive earthquake in Dec of 1908, I'm sure a lot was destroyed then.

Thank you for your suggestions and quick reponse,
Carol C.

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions