Search for content in message boards

Looking for John LaRue (1780-1800) Bedford co. Tn.

Looking for John LaRue (1780-1800) Bedford co. Tn.

charles (View posts)
Posted: 9 Mar 2002 8:09PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: LaRue, Bitner, Hartt, Albright, Tunstall
I looking for ggggGrandfather. He has one son i know of:John H. LaRue(08/10/1820)Died:(02/21/1848) in Texas. Wife (1) Annie Albright,(2) ? Tunstall;. He had (5) children: Hiram Harris(babe)LaRue(02/21/1848)died(08/04/1929),George Washington(Wash)LaRue,Tom LaRue,Tennessee(LaRue) Bitner,Elizabeth (LaRue) Hartt. I would appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Another LaRue Looking For Information

Re: Looking for John LaRue (1780-1800) Bedford co. Tn.

Joseph LaRue (View posts)
Posted: 13 Mar 2002 12:55PM GMT
Charles, contact me direct at jolaru@flash.net

I can help you.

cynthiasnider51 (View posts)
Posted: 28 Aug 2002 11:26PM GMT
Edited: 2 Jul 2003 1:57PM GMT
Surnames: ELLEDGE, LARUE, SNIDER, BATEMAN, AND MANY MORE
I,TOO,DESCEND FROM THIS JOHN LARUE AND HAVE MANY, MANY PAGES IN MY COMPUTE THERE AWAITING MY RETURN FROM WHERE I AM NOW WHICH IS MY HOUSE IN DRIPPING SPRINGS, TEXAS WHERE I AM TRYING TO SELL THE HOUSE I HAVE HERE. HOPE TO BE BACK TO MY HOUSE AT 13003 BELLEVUE ST., BELTSVILLE, MD 20705 AS SOON AS I SELL THIS HOUSE HERE. I AM ABOUT 2/3RDS FINISHED WITH THEINPUT OF HUNDREDS OF PAGES OF MY LARUE BOOK DATA AND HOPE TO FINISH IT WHEN I GET BACK HOME. MY MEMORY IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO REMEMBER IF WE HAVE CORRESPONDED, BUTMY LARUES WOUND UP IN HENDERSON COUNTY, TEXAS. IS THERE WHRE YOURS ALSO SETTLED OR I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR FROM YOU. CYNTHIA SNIDER MY GRANDMOTHER WAS MARY ELIZABETH LARUE DAUGHTER OF DOCTOR ROBERT LARUE. MARY ELIZABETH HAD TWO BROTHERS, BOYH DOCTORS AND ONE BECAME ILL AND HAD TO GET TO A HIGHER, DRYER CLIMATE AND THE OTHER MOVED WITH MY FAMILY TO WOODSBORL,TEXAS AND ON WITH US AS WE MOVED TO THER PLACES. MORE WHEN I GET BACK MY HOME IN MARLAND. CYNTHIA

Glenda Klein (View posts)
Posted: 14 May 2003 2:48PM GMT
Surnames: LaRue
I'm new in this so bear with me. My family is located in and around Knoxville, TN. I'm told my Great Grandmother was Jane LaRue and I'm trying to find more info. She was married to "Wealthy" Valentine Potts and later changed the name to Patt. All the Patts living in and near Knoxville are related to me one way or another. Do you have any information or suggestions that you are willing to share? Maybe Jane LaRue was related to Joh LaRue in some way?? Thanks

Mary Alice La Rue (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jun 2003 3:01AM GMT
Looking for John C La Rue; b. ca 1788 in Hardin, KY; m. Clara Hardin ca. 1811 in Maruy Co., 2m. Rachel Scott 1831 (Maury Co) He d. ca 1864 near Farmington, TN and is buried on John LaRue farm.
Son of Isaac LaRue and Bethiah Harding-Hardin. Would appreciate any info you have to share.
Thanks,
Mary Alice La Rue

Windell LaRue (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jul 2003 8:50PM GMT
Glenda: Your Jane is most likely descended from George and Sarah LaRue/LaRew who moved to Knoxville in 1802 from Harford co.,Md.George was born 1844 in Lancaster co. Pa. His Parents were Abraham LaRue and Anna Maria Weidenbach.Abraham's father was Jonas LaRue, born abt. 1675 in Switzerland. The Larue name originated in france ,but these LaRue's were mostly german and Swiss. Old Jonas wrote in his biblein 1733 in part english and part German,no french.The old homepace of George and Sarah LaRue was in what is now know as the Beverly community . There was a LaRue graveyard on his land where many LaRue's were buried,but all traces of it vanished some 40 yrs. ago, and this line of LaRue's were no kin to Lash LaRue,I believe he may have come from canada,but not sure.

Windell LaRue (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jul 2003 9:15PM GMT
Glenda: Your Jane LaRue was the dau. of Joseph LaRue and Jane(jenny) Parker,she married valentine Patt 10 oct. 1880. Jane was my Ggrandfather William Baker LaRue's older sister so we are cousins. Joseph LaRue was the son of George and Sarah LaRue who moved to knoxville in 1803 from Harford co. Md. near Baltimore.George was Born 1744 in Lancaster,Pa. He was the son of Abraham LaRue and Anna Maria Weidenbach. Abraham LaRue born 1702 was the son of Jonas LaRue who was born abt. 1775 in Switzerland. These Larue's originated in France,but were forced to flee in the 15th or early 16th century because they followed the protestant religion. By the time thy arrived in America they neither wrote nor spoke french.Most looked german in appearance ,blue eyes,blonde hair and fair skin.Since you still live near Knoxville maybe you could find where Joseph and Jenny are buried. Joseph died in july of 1864 and I believe Jane(Jenny) died a few years later.Hope this will get you started in the right diection to finding out more about your LaRue ancestors . Regards. Windell LaRue

Glenda Klein (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jul 2003 6:23PM GMT
Thank you for your assistance and information on my Great Grandmother, Jane LaRue. I, too, have fair skin, blue/green eyes and once my hair was somewhat blond. My daughter is the same and ironically living in Germany with husband Lt. Col. Scott Patton and three grandchildren. I live in Atlanta, GA, but can try to find info on Joseph and Jenny LaRue. Have you tried contacting Knox Co. Public Library System, Calvin M. McClung Historical Collection (865) 215-8750. Good Luck and I'll keep checking around with all my relatives in and around Knoxville. Thanks again

Gary D. Wilson (View posts)
Posted: 26 Dec 2004 1:05PM GMT
Edited: 21 Nov 2006 1:30PM GMT
Surnames: Briggs, Spencer, Brock, Moorehead, Wright, Finley, Burrie/Burrows,etc
Good Morning:
from the History of My BRIGGS Family who were in Lancaster Penn, I have a James LARUE marra Elizabeth BRIGGS, it's also apart of the Histories of Musking Co, Oh where some LaRue's still remain, this is a Wild Shot but my knowledge of Genealogy and the fact of Briggs Lines, tells me, their Is some kind of Connection, I also have Spencer Surname in that area.

Regards
The Sarge
G D Wilson
PO Box 476
Cambridge, Oh 43725-0476
""Honor and Courage""

scuttsclip (View posts)
Posted: 10 Oct 2009 12:13AM GMT
Surnames: LaRue
I am sure you have received a lot of information in the past 7 years. John Henry LaRue is my Great Uncle, he is the brother to my Great Grandfather, James Madison LaRue. Will be glad to help you but you should just write direct to me because of my age and eyesite. Bill LaRue Scuttsclip@aol.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions