Search for content in message boards

Mary Platt of Nickleville, PA

Mary Platt of Nickleville, PA

jodanc (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jan 2008 9:16AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hatch Platt
My Ggreatgrandmother Mary Platt b 1836 married Daniel Perry Hatch. I know very little Marys life in PA.
Her sister Elenor Sophia Platt Shreffler was her sister.
I sure would enjoy facts, stories and even a picture of her or her sisters.

Re: Mary Platt of Nickleville, PA

mort11 (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jan 2008 6:06PM GMT
Wm Platt 1801-1865 married Sarah Nickle 10/22/1800 - 3/27/1871 They had 10 children, I have the birth year for most of them and quite a bit on some of their families.
Elizabeth-4/13/1829 Hannah-1830 Jane, Matilda 1838, Mary 1836, Sallie 9/15/1834, John 1840, Eleanor 10/2/1842, Willie 11/16/1855 and Roseanna 1856. If you need anything else email me.

beersjul (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jan 2008 12:45PM GMT
Surnames: Platt
Her sister Elizabeth is a direct line relation to me. I'd be glad to share what I've found and know. A lot of kind folks have been very helpful to me in finding a lot related to this line.

jodanc (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jan 2008 3:48PM GMT
Surnames: Hatch Platt
Thankyou!!
I am Marys great great granddaughter and I know nothing about her other than what is on the internet family files and Death certificates and census. Which is alot but I don't know what she looked like her family history stories
etc. I went to Nickleville in 2001 and visited the area and surrounding towns to get the feel. I am sure it has not changed much since she left in 1870s or 1880s. It was beautiful. She left alot. My cemetery plot is next to hers and I sure would like to know more. Anything would be of help to me. You can email me jodylcook@yahoo.com

packrat2125 (View posts)
Posted: 31 Jan 2008 12:04PM GMT
George Singery Myers of Venango County is my gg-grandfather. His wife was Elizabeth (Libby) PLATT, b 13 April 1829 in Ireland, d 7 Feb 1909. Could Elizabeth be sister to your Mary PLATT (b 1836) who married Daniel Perry Hatch and also to her sister Elenor Sophia PLATT who married a Shreffler?

Pat Roberts, Aiken, SC
HAYS, MYERS, KOCH, PETERS

jodanc (View posts)
Posted: 31 Jan 2008 2:53PM GMT
Yes, that is my Mary Platt who married Daniel Perry Hatch.
I know very little of Mary as she moved away from PA after they married.
Sure would like to share info, stories, pictures , you know all that stuff that keeps us going! Thankyou
jodylcook@yahoo.com

beersjul (View posts)
Posted: 2 Feb 2008 10:13AM GMT
Yes Pat - she is. William Platt and Sarah Nickle had 9 children:
Elizabeth
Hannah
Jane
Sarah
Martha
John
Mary
Eleanor
Willie

beersjul (View posts)
Posted: 2 Feb 2008 10:16AM GMT
Surnames: Platt
Yes Pat - she is. William Platt and Sarah Nickle had 9 children:
Elizabeth married George Myers
Hannah married John Clark
Jane married Henry Madison
Sarah married Unknown Stinton
Martha married James Skelly
John died 1863
Mary married Daniel Hatch
Eleanor married Joseph Shreffler
Willie died young

packrat2125 (View posts)
Posted: 2 Feb 2008 12:05PM GMT
Surnames: HAYS, MYERS, PLATT, KOCH
My gg-grandparents were Eleanor Burns and George Singery Myers. Eleanor died in 1865; George married Elizabeth Platt in 1870 (from info I have)

I have LOTS of Myers info if you'd like to share..but it might be too 'far afield'!!!

Pat Roberts

Re: Coulter and Burns

lona318 (View posts)
Posted: 2 Feb 2008 12:52PM GMT
Surnames: Myers, Davis, Coulter, Burns
Hi Pat, Remember me? :) I come from John Myers brother of George Singery Myers. Question on your Burns line. Louise Myers Davis Coulter, daughter of John and Mary, had a daughter married to a Burns from her 2nd husband Samuel Coulter. Is your Burns line connected to Michael A. Burns son of John and Rosanna Boyle Burns and husband of Mary A. Coulter? Michael died July 29, 1929 and is buried in St. Catherine Cemetery, Cranberry Twp., Pa. His last name was also spelled Bymes. Mary Coulter was born about 1855 in Pa and died 1928 in Pa. They had 3 daughters and 2 sons, Frank and William A. Burns.
Lona Laughlin Boudreaux
Monroe, La
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions