Search for content in message boards

Family of Dr. Richard Cox, Bishop of Ely Cathedral, England

Family of Dr. Richard Cox, Bishop of Ely Cathedral, England

John Wesley Cox (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 30 Nov 2004 1:31PM GMT
Surnames: Cox
I am tracing the family of Dr. Richard Cox, the Bishop of Ely Cathedral. I have much information regarding his family once they moved to America in the early 1700s and would love to trade info.

Charlotte Cox b. 1826 Trowbridge, Wiltshire England, died Provo, UT, USA

Sharron Albaugh (View posts)
Posted: 26 Mar 2004 3:59AM GMT
Edited: 26 Mar 2004 4:25AM GMT
Surnames: Cox, Huntley
John: I am looking for Cox family also, in particular Charlotte Cox born 1826 Trowbridge, Wiltshire England, died Provo Utah. Her parents were William Green Cox born abt 1800 at Trowbridge and mother Eliza Huntley abt 1800 at Trowbridge. If any of these name are familiar please email me at sharbear@cut.net Thanks Sharron

Re: Family of Dr. Richard Cox, Bishop of Ely Cathedral, England

Frances McNamee (View posts)
Posted: 21 Feb 2010 9:00PM GMT
Surnames: Cox
I hope you're still out there working with the Cox family. I thought I'd reached the end with my great-grandfather George Evans Cox who died in N.M. in 1925 but he always claimed that he was the fourth George Evans Cox in a direct line, which possibly brings him back to Sir Richard and Dr. Richard Cox, Bishop of Ely. My family tree is with Ancestry--the McNamee/Cox tree. I'm lacking any information on the family's arrival in the new world. I'd appreciate any help.
Frances Cox McNamee

adrianparsons228 (View posts)
Posted: 25 Mar 2010 5:51PM GMT
I have traced my family to dr richard cox and his sonjohn cox who married alice walsheer my mother was a cox and most of the family come from burgage wiltshire and somerset I have a tree on ancesty if you would like to see its open for you to see adrian

Frances McNamee (View posts)
Posted: 25 Mar 2010 6:41PM GMT
I've already added some information and will keep looking with your tree as support.

cookiet1830 (View posts)
Posted: 20 May 2010 9:35PM GMT
Surnames: Cox and Webb
I,too, have john and Richard Cox in the family tree. I found info indicating that Richard Cox's father was John Cox, born 1473 d 1571 in Whaddon, Wiltshire, England. However I can not continue backward from there. John(1473( was married to Eme Agnes Richmond Webb 1477-1567.
I am leery of John Cox's death date of 1571 but have been unable to confirm another date.

nickimac71 (View posts)
Posted: 14 Sep 2010 3:14AM GMT
Surnames: Cox, De Richmond, Webb
I'm confused! :) I am researching Eme Agnes Richmond Webb and found some family trees outside of Ancestry.com that indicate she married Lord John Stokes. This came from the submitter below. Does anyone have anything I could take a look at that ties her John Cox?

William WEBB (AFN: 9ST2-PF)
Sex: M
Submitter(s):
GENEALOGICAL DEPARTMENT
MEDIEVAL FAMILIES UNIT Microfilm: 1512599
50 EAST NORTH TEMPLE
SALT LAKE CITY UT Submission: AF88-004447
USA 84150
1.Abbrev: Ancestral File
Title: The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Ancestral File (R) Copyright (c) 1987, June 1998, data as of 5 JAN 1998;FamilySearch® Ancestral File? v4.19" 3 Feb 2001

Nvision3 (View posts)
Posted: 26 Mar 2011 7:34PM GMT
Dr. Richard Cox can be found on Wikipedia; the biography seems accurate to me; however, I believe he may have married 3 times rather than 2 as stated. Somewhere I have an original geneology since my grandmother was a Cox, thus the geneology has been passed through my family.
I would be interested in other Coxes who are related to this geneology.

MerlynCox (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jun 2011 6:13PM GMT
Hi,
Some information I have links my line of Cox (Cock) to Bishop Richard Cox, but would like to see more verification. I have info back to Richard Cock, known as the immigrant, b. @1603, Stottesdon, Eng., who came to VA. His father was John (b. 1569), and his father was Thomas (b.1543 Stottesdon), and his father was John (b. @1532 Eng) who may be the Bishop's son.
Would very much like to be in touch with you on your Cox lineage.
Many thanks,
Merlyn Cox, merlyncox@comcast.net

heyU92 (View posts)
Posted: 6 Feb 2012 5:26AM GMT
Surnames: Richard Coc
I'm a decendent of Richard Cox and I have a lot of information of his family
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions