Search for content in message boards

Ball/from Virginia

Ball/from Virginia

Kelly Reynolds (View posts)
Posted: 17 Apr 2000 10:04AM GMT
My mother's family was from Maryland Heights, Maryland. Their family was from Virginia, they were related to Martha Ball(married George Washington)of the Virginia Balls. If you have any information please contact me at the e-mail address. This is a new search.

Balls of Maryland

Karen Hollis Swenson (View posts)
Posted: 19 Apr 2000 10:15AM GMT
Hi there:
I am researching my family from Maryland and found out that my g-grandmother's first cousin's name was Bess Ball. My g-grandmother, Betty Hendon McGaw, lived 1871-1955 and grew up in Harford County, MD. Her cousin, Bess Ball, lived on the eastern shore of Maryland. My family names are Hollis, Hendon, Paca, Gilbert, Hollingsworth, Hall, and McGaw. The first one over to Maryland was John Hollis or Hallowes in 1634 on the Ark and the Dove. He then settled in Westmoreland Co. Virginia...sound like the Balls. Please let me know if you of any connection. Thankyou. Sincerely, Karen Hollis Swenson

VA BALLS

SANDY TILLER (View posts)
Posted: 7 May 2000 10:14AM GMT
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A GEORGE WASHINGTON BALL FROM VA.? SO AM I MY BALLS COME FROM VA. MOVED TO TENN. THAN INTO KY. MY MATURNAL GRANDMOTHER WAS (POSSIBLY MITTIE 1ST NAME BUT WENT BY MAUDE) MAUDE BALL b. 1892 d.1969 d/o GEORGE W. BALL MANCHESTER. CLAY CO., KY. DO YOU KNOW ANY OF THESE PEOPLE.

VA BALLS

SANDY TILLER (View posts)
Posted: 7 May 2000 10:18AM GMT
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A GEORGE WASHINGTON BALL FROM VA.? SO AM I MY BALLS COME FROM VA. MOVED TO TENN. THAN INTO KY. MY MATURNAL GRANDMOTHER WAS (POSSIBLY MITTIE 1ST NAME BUT WENT BY MAUDE) MAUDE BALL b. 1892 d.1969 d/o GEORGE W. BALL MANCHESTER. CLAY CO., KY. DO YOU KNOW ANY OF THESE PEOPLE. POSSIBLE LINKED TO MARY BALL, MOTHER TO PESIDENT GEORGE WASHINGTON.

Balls of Virginia

Jane Shipley (View posts)
Posted: 20 May 2000 9:33PM GMT
The Martha who married Geo. Washington was a Dandridge, not a Ball. The Washington-Ball connection was through George's mother, Mary Ball. I can trace my Balls back to 1799 in Prince George's County, MD. There is a family tradition that we are related to Mary Ball, and my g-grandfather (b. 1836) used to talk about his VA cousins.

Balls in Va

Kay (View posts)
Posted: 27 May 2000 6:55AM GMT
I have heard that we, too, are related to George Washington's mother. My gg-grandfather was Carter Ball (b.1819) and I think his father was a Samuel Ball, both of Henrico County, Va. Samuel may have been married to Rachel Bottom. Any information you have would be great.
Samuel could have either been Mary Ball's son or cousin?
Would love to hear from you.

Ball of Ky ,,Fr/ Lee county VA

Polly (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jun 2000 12:10PM GMT
My Grandfather ,William Floyd Ball Was from Middlesboro Ky, his father moved there from Lee County Va. We are also related to George Washington. Floyd had two brothers,, Ira and Alva ,,Their father was Joseph Franklin Ball ,,Their Mother was Sallie Renfro,,Any one related ,,I would love to hear from you :0) ,,

Balls of Virginia

Gloria Robbins (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jun 2000 12:54PM GMT
Kelly,
George Washington did not marry Martha Ball. He married Martha Dandridge. George Washington's mother was Mary Ball and that is how the Ball family is connected. However, good luck in making a connection. Not many people can.
Gloria

Ball family - VA

jackieh19531 (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jun 2000 5:34PM GMT
Edited: 22 Feb 2002 8:27PM GMT
We, too, have been told that my husband's family is related to the Washington's through Martha Ball and Mary Ball Washington.
We were wondering if you had any additional
info on your Ball ancestor (b. 1799) from
Prince Georges Co., MD. Our known Ball ancestor is Ziza (unsure of spelling) Ball
who married W M or Wm. Hill. They had a daughter, Mary Jane (b. 1828 in Guernsey Co., OH), who married Ashford Dennis in Guernsey Co., OH in 1849. We have
been searching for any Ball or Hill connections. If you think our ancestors may be a match please e-mail me at jackieh1953@aol.com. Thanks.

Bica Ball

73rdnewyork (View posts)
Posted: 12 Jun 2000 9:15AM GMT
Edited: 21 Nov 2001 4:13AM GMT
Bica was the name of my great grandmother...however she lived in East New York. Her father was Benjamin Ball and had two relatives by the name of William and Maria Ball.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions