Search for content in message boards

Lunenburg

Lunenburg

Cathy Clement (View posts)
Posted: 20 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: HALEY, SIMS
Looking for information regarding Newton Haley (aka Poss Haley) and his wife Frances Sims who settled near Lunenburg Arkansas in Izard County prior to 1880. Children of this couple include Crit, Millard, Abe, Walter, Bill, ALvie, Odie, Mattie, Edna and Nora. Any information you might have about their ancestors would be appreciated.

Haley family

Posted: 23 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Haley, Sims
Thank you for your response to my query regarding the Izard county Haleys. My relative is also a son of Jasper Newton Haley and Sarah Frances Sims - only I didn't know her name was "Sarah" Frances until you told me. His name is Abram Jefferson Haley. I would be grateful for any additional information you would provide regarding Newt's children, siblings, parents or ancestors. I am trying to prepare a surprise for my mother-in-law, who will have her 90th birthday in May.

Newton Haley & Sarah Frances Sims

Zabette Elam (View posts)
Posted: 23 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: HALEY, SIMS, MARSHALL, BLEVINS
Cathy,
I have in my records, that Jasper Newton Haley, b. 8-27-1853 - d. 2-26-1962 in Lunnenburg, AR, m. Sarah Francis Sims, she was the daughter of Abe Sims. Jasper Newton Haley was the son of Mark Haley and Martha Marshall who are on the 1850 census of Izard Co., AR and by 1880 moved over to Madison Co., AR. I found this information on the World Family Tree, Volume 6-1219. Jasper Newton Haley had a son James Walter Haley who was b. 6-1-1884 in Melbourne, Ar and d. 7-31-1965 in Pryor, OK, he m. Willie Edna Blevins on 9-23-1908, the daughter of John Blevins and Fannie Finley.

I am working on this family of Mark Haley & Martha Marshall Haley. If you are interested, email me direct. I have quite a bit of information on descendants and ancestors.
Zabette Elam

ABRAM SIMS

Posted: 28 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: SIMS, HALEY
1853 would be too late a birth year for the SIMS I am looking for - but I believe ABRAM from 1835 might be right on target. If you have additional background on him, I would truly appreciate it. Thanks for your help!

SIMS in Izard (Abe or Abraham)

Barbara Aldridge (View posts)
Posted: 28 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: SIMS, TAYLOR, COPELAND, CHURCHILL
Izard Co - I have two Sims in my data base which may be connected to Sarah Francis Sims as mentioned. Abram Sims, born about 1835 and Abraham Sims born about 1853. Do you have more detailed information about Abraham or Abe Sims?

HALEY

Helen Christian (View posts)
Posted: 23 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Haley, Christian
My husband's grandfather was ROBERT OSBORNE CHRISTIAN...His daughter, Alley, married a HALEY..I found them Alley in 1900 Independence Co., AR...at this time she had no children. Her children were supposed to be Robert and Mollie.

We do not know who her mother is....any help on this family would greatly be appreciated.

Re: Haley family

ernest (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jan 2003 3:44AM GMT
hi cathy i seen that you have a abram haley was he married to a betsy sowder???????

Re: Newton Haley & Sarah Frances Sims

kat davis (View posts)
Posted: 21 Mar 2005 4:42AM GMT
Surnames: SIMS
Zabette, Do you have a Tabitha Sims b. abt. 1848 Tn. who was living with Mark & Marthy Haley marrying a W.C. Haley listed on the 1880 Iz. cens.? I am trying DESPERATELY to find out the connections between ABRAM SIMS/TABITHA SIMS/ROBERT SIMS/DOLLIE SIMS/WILLIAM SIMS in and around Izard co. Ark. from about 1860-1880. I think ABRAM SIMS b. 1835 Tn/NC/Va. is brother to TABITHA SIMS b. 1848 Tn./NC/Va. and DOLLIE SIMS b. 1841 Tn./NC/Va. AND WILLIAM SIMS b. abt. 1795-1810 NC/?/? If you have ANY info that can help me sort them out PLEASE email me at katdavis3@cox.net. Thanks and Take care now. kat

kat davis (View posts)
Posted: 21 Mar 2005 4:57AM GMT
Zabette, I am trying to find the reason that Tabitha Sims may have been living with Mark & Marthy Haley family in 1870 Izard co. cen. Also living there was possibly Mark Haley's father James Haley b. abt. 1805 Va. Could Tabitha Sims have been related to them in some way? Could James Haley have had a sister who might had married William Sims (I believe Tabitha Sims' father) or could James' mother have been a Sims? Maybe James Haley's wife (Clarissa) have been related to the Sims in some way? I have info on Dollie Sims family and descendants and I know that Abram Sims was married to Malissa Brooks but I am trying to find out who William Sims b. 1795-1810 N.C. married. By the time he got to Izard co. on the 1880 census, he had a wife listed as Cathy b. abt. 1840 and another daughter named Safrona b. 1872 Ark. and stepdaughter named Eliza b. 1863. I would surely appreciate ANY help with this family line. Thanks and take care now Zabette. kat

stacehaley (View posts)
Posted: 26 Oct 2006 9:29PM GMT
Surnames: Haley
I am looking for any info related to Mark J Haley and Martha P Marshall. I am nost interested in his parents James Haley and Clarissa Taylor. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks - Stacey
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions