Search for content in message boards

Gibbons EUBANKS, Jones Co., NC

Gibbons EUBANKS, Jones Co., NC

susanking1 (View posts)
Posted: 25 Oct 2004 1:43AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: EUBANKS/KING/GLADSON/MOORE/KOONCE/COOMBS/JENKINS
Hi,
I'm ecstatic to see some recent conversation about this branch of the Eubanks family in Jones Co., NC. I've begun work on my husband's Eubanks line and spent the day going all the way through the censuses from 1790-1930. With the exception of missing Edward in the 1870 census, this is what I can confirm...Elda Elizabeth Eubanks (1873-1915) was my husband's great grandmother. Elda's father was Edward Eubanks (bc 1841- ?) and Edward's father appears to be Gibbons Eubanks (bc 1809). So, relying only on census info so far, I'm at a stopping point with Gibbons, not knowing how he fits in. Obviously, there's a lot more research to be done, but can anyone fill me in on Gibbon(s) and who his parents might be?

And of course I'm eagerly interested in these guys Elijah, George and John who appear in 1790 and I assume started it all even before that first census in Jones Co.???

Thanks!

Susan King

Re: Gibbons EUBANKS, Jones Co., NC

W Danny Eubanks (View posts)
Posted: 22 Feb 2005 3:18AM GMT
Susan,
Edward Eubanks is indeed the son of Gibbons Eubanks. His mother is Elda (maiden name unknown), Gibbons' first wife. She was b. abt 1812, NC, d. Mar. 1850, Jones Co., NC, age 38. This is from NC Mortality Records, Jones Co.
I have hit a brick wall trying to find Gib's parents. Sometimes I wonder if he had any. Some say his name was Isaac Gibbons.
Gibbons is my 3 ggrandfather through his firstborn George, Edward's brother.

Regards,
Danny

ShirleyJLaGarde (View posts)
Posted: 25 Feb 2005 7:49PM GMT
Edited: 25 Feb 2005 8:00PM GMT
I have done a lot of Eubank/Eubanks research. Have published a book which included my Eubank(s) line from Jones County, NC which I was able to trace only through land records. This info on Gibbons Eubanks is in my book. Hope it helps.
Shirley J. LaGarde

1830 Jones Co. NC Census shows Gilbins Ewebanks

Gibbons Eubanks appears in 1850 Jones Co., NC census in Beaver Creek
Gibbons, 41 M, George 21 M, Sarah 18 F, Hannah 16 F, Edward 8 M, Benjamin 5 M

Gibbons Eubanks appears in 1860 Jones Co., NC census in Tuckahoe Dist

Shirley LaGarde (View posts)
Posted: 25 Feb 2005 10:04PM GMT
Surnames: Eubank(s), Jones, Banks, Messer(Mercer), Morris, Ballard
(Am sending another reply as my first message was not in full.)

I have done a lot of Eubank/Eubanks research. Have published a book which included my Eubank(s) line from Jones County, NC which I was able to trace only through land records. This info is in my book on Gibbons Eubanks. Hope it helps.
Shirley J. LaGarde

1830 Jones Co. NC Census shows Gilbins Ewebanks

Gibbons Eubanks appears in 1850 Jones Co., NC census in Beaver Creek
Gibbons, 41 M, George 21 M, Sarah 18 F, Hannah 16 F, Edward 8 M, Benjamin 5 M

Gibbons Eubanks appears in 1860 Jones Co., NC census in Tuckahoe Dist

Gibbons Eubanks appears in 1870 Jones Co., NC census in Cypress Creek
Gibbons Eubanks, Jr. is also listed.

I have land records for Gibbons (Gibens) Eubanks for 1849, 1850, 1851, 1853, 1854, 1855 & 1857. Mentioned are William Gooding, Sr., John Strickland. The 1857 sale was to William A. Cox for $200 a mortgage of personal property, slave (belonging to estate of Henry Rhodes, deceased) hire, etc. Wts: Benjamin Askew, Morris McDaniel.

Susan King (View posts)
Posted: 8 Mar 2005 5:41PM GMT
Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to y'all...seems someone in our family has been sick every week for the past month, which has kept me away from genealogy.

Anyway, thanks for the replies, and I now have Gibbons in the 1870.

We have a picture of Edward's daughter, Elda Elizabeth, Gibbons' granddaughter, and MY daughter looks so much like her...I've always wondered from which line that particular physical "look" came. It's interesting to imagine.

Well, it seems like everyone's hit the brick wall with Gibbons' parentage. Have all of the Eubanks estate records been checked for any mention of him? There seemed to be several of them around early on...

RobbinREubanks (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jun 2005 3:07PM GMT
Edited: 13 Jun 2005 2:43PM GMT
Surnames: Gibbons
Susan Are you still seeking info on the gibbons? I have info on the Gibbons,Koonce. George W. Eubanks is son of William Lewis and Barbarba Jenkins, William Lewis is son of George Frank Eubanks, These are my 2nd Great grangparents.he is son of George W. son of Gibbons & Elda Eubanks.This is how the Koonce line follow's This George W. son of Gibbons , Married Hannah Koonce, Dau of Emanuel Jarman Koonce,son of Rev.Elijah Koonce,son of Capt. Michael Koonce,son of George Koonce,son of johann Cunys or Cunitz (this is john Koonce) and wife Aliaia, German Immigrants. My 8th g-grandparents. I have more info if you would like it. E-Mail me at wildhorses64us@yahoo.com

lucycoombs1 (View posts)
Posted: 26 Feb 2006 11:48PM GMT
There is a old grave in Jones county ,on the old Basden Farm, This might help there a Gibben EuBanks 1/15/1812 ----11/12/1878 wife Lucie EuBanks 3/25/ 1821 ----10/14/1882 if this help I got more

stephenallen54 (View posts)
Posted: 5 Mar 2006 3:16PM GMT
Surnames: Eubanks
These two sites helped with our Eubanks side: Check them out..maybe they can help you also and maybe you can help them...
Eubanks Genealogy, Inc - W Scott Eubanks
www.home.earthlink.net/~countryboy31061/

www.rrphillips.com

ksgillen (View posts)
Posted: 4 Apr 2006 4:55AM GMT
Shirley,I am looking for my gggrandfather George Washington Eubanks,born in KY about 1824. I have info on him from 1849 forward. Looking for his parent's and sibling's. I any info on G.W. and his KY family would be great. Thanks,K.

ruthmae72 (View posts)
Posted: 24 Mar 2010 1:33PM GMT
You have a picture of Elda Elizabeth Eubanks? Is there any way you can send me a copy of it?

Elda's daughter, Jimmie Mae King, is my grandmother. (The "Mae" in my ID is for her.)

Rhonda Spivey Florian
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions