Search for content in message boards

Lost Mc Daniels

Lost Mc Daniels

JohnnieFCurtis (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jan 2002 8:34AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Mc Daniels,White
I am searching for my great-grandmother " Evie" Mc Daniels.
She is supposed to be part Indian.I know nothing except that she married John White sometime before 1910,because she shows up as Enie in the 1910 Maracodes living in Breathitt Co. with John,Gilbert their son,John's mother Drusilla,and Charley Sizemore 10 (could be her son before john).Don't even know her real name.Any help would be greatly appreciated.I believe she died sometime in the 1950's.
Thank You in advance.

Johnnie

Re: Lost Mc Daniels

Stephen D. Bowling (View posts)
Posted: 2 Feb 2002 2:53AM GMT
You may be having trouble finding your grandmother because she actually went by Watts.

She was the child of Daniel McDaniel and Miranda Watts.

She was a Watts when she married John White in 1903 in Breathitt County. They had 6 children of which I am aware.

She and John are buried in the White Cemetery at Barwick.
I would like to exchange information with you.

Thanks,
Stephen D. Bowling

MaryJoBrown60 (View posts)
Posted: 3 Feb 2002 6:00PM GMT
Edited: 10 Mar 2003 1:59AM GMT
Thank you Mr. Bowling for your reply.
We had thought that maybe she was born out of wedlock.
Your right there was only six children of John's, Gilbert,Tom (my grandfather),Ella,Lottie,May, and Drucilla.We know very little about this branch of the family. Tom and my grandmother were never married.We believe John was the son of James and Drucilla White.Do you know if we are correct? Any help would be appreciated.Thank You.
We live in Hamilton Ohio.Just wondering if you have family here,
some of my family on my Grandmother's side married Bowlings.
Just Curious.
Thanks again,
Johnnie Faye

Stephen D. Bowling (View posts)
Posted: 4 Feb 2002 2:16AM GMT
You are correct.
John was the 7th child born to James and Drucilla Moore White.

John was born October 14, 1875 and died May 26, 1924.

I would love to exchange info with you. Just let me know what you have and what you need.

Stephen

Posted: 18 Feb 2002 2:22AM GMT
We know nothing on Evie, John was killed by Gilburt for beating his mother,at least that's what we were told. My mother was the daughter of Tom White and Martha Freeman,
they never married. Tom's siblings were: Gilburt,May,Lottie,Ella,and Drucilla.We believe Tom was born abt1917 and died abt1990. We never really knew Tom,met him only twice that I can recall.We were told at the White family reunion that John was a brother to the infamous Tom White.Any info you have will be greatly appreciated.
Thank You
Johnnie

HelenWatts32 (View posts)
Posted: 16 Mar 2002 12:02AM GMT
Edited: 15 Oct 2002 1:58PM GMT
Reading this, I noticed the name Miranda Watts, which was my ggrandmother's name. Do you know if Watts was her maiden or married name? I can't find anything on her

Posted: 16 Mar 2002 2:20AM GMT
Surnames: Watts, White
We believe this was her maiden name my greatmother was really a McDaniel her father was Dan Mcdaniel or so we have been told. Evie was her name or so we have been told.I remember my great Aunt saying her grandmother was named
Maranda.This all we know.We believe according to the census that her mother was Milly was her mother, Milly Watts.Keep in touch maybe togrther we can hide the Watts family in Breathitt Co. KY.
thanks
Johnnie

HelenWatts32 (View posts)
Posted: 16 Mar 2002 1:48PM GMT
Edited: 15 Oct 2002 1:58PM GMT
Thank you for your reply. My grandmothers maiden name was Hines, she married William Watts who was born in Green Co.KY, but married in Pulaski Co. Indiana. They had 4 children-Charlotte-Oris-Catherine-and Delver, who was my Grandfather. That is all the info I have on this, can't find anything. Please e-mail me at kwgirl52@aol.com as I had a hard time getting back to this. I've kept your info for my files, and thank you again for reply.
Helen

RonnaReynoldsWillhite (View posts)
Posted: 9 Jul 2002 4:27AM GMT
Edited: 16 Apr 2003 5:55AM GMT
I saw your request about "Evie" McDaniels. My G-Grandmother was Julia Elvira McDaniel. I believe I remember my father and uncles talk about "Aunt Evie". When I talk to him tomorrow I will ask him for I can't find my geneology book right this moment. I also believe he said something about the surname of White. I will let you know. also let me know if this sounds familiar..
Ronna

Posted: 9 Jul 2002 6:58PM GMT
Hi Ronna, Evie's father was Daniel McDaniel who never married Evie's mother Maranda Watts.Ihope this is her your speaking of because we have hit a brick wall.
Thank You for your help
Mary Jo
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions