Search for content in message boards

Newsome's on Talley Place

Newsome's on Talley Place

Victor Newsome (View posts)
Posted: 24 Apr 2006 11:41AM GMT
Classification: Query
I have heard the term Masters Place or Talley's Place metioned as to where some of my ancestors resided. I am trying to find out exactly where is this location and who was Tally. My ancestors are from Pinola Ms. or Simpson County . Some of the names are Dave Newsom who married Ann Powell. Their children were Martha(Hon), Pallie, Pinie, John, Joe, Charlie, David.. Ann Newsome was a midwife back then people called her Ma' Ann. Any information would be greatly appreciated

Re: Newsome's on Talley Place

Linda Rudd (View posts)
Posted: 28 Apr 2006 5:21PM GMT
This may not be of much help but try researching the slave narrative of Jane Sutton of Westville, Simpson County, MS, who was owned by the Berry family. After Emancipation, Jane lived with her former owners' son TALLY BERRY.

You may read Jane's narrative at this site:
www.rootsweb.com/~msgenweb/xslaves/sutton.jane-xslave.htm

Have you found Dave Newsom in the 1870 and 1880 census records? I found him in 1900. I am wondering if Dave's family was using a different surname prior to 1900.

Linda Durr Rudd,
"Remembering Their Names"

Re: Newsome's on Talley Place

savell74 (View posts)
Posted: 31 Oct 2013 4:46AM GMT
I grew up not far from the Talley place. It's located off Robert Berry Rd near the Shivers/Bushtown Community. It joins the Pearl River. I have many wonderful fishing memories from my childhood.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions