Search for content in message boards

Harrison Posey b. between 1770-1780 St. Charles County, MD

Harrison Posey b. between 1770-1780 St. Charles County, MD

Cindi (View posts)
Posted: 19 Mar 2003 7:47AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Posey, Gross
Hi! I'm looking for help in extending this line:
Harrison Posey b. between 1770-1780 St. Charles County, MD; married Lavina Vandyke......they had six children, including Steela Augusta Posey, Sr., Green Harrison Posey and Birdrick "Bird" Posey. Birdrick born between 1810 - 1811 (in either MD or VA) and married Sarah UNKNOWN...had children William T. (b.1831) Martha (b.1835) Mary A. (b.1837)
Angeline (b.1839) Prahilla (b.1845) Bird (b.1846) Amanda (b.1848) and Richard (b.1851). Birdrick and Sarah both died in Macon County, Missouri. Daughter Martha was married to Levi Gross, who died in Demopolis, Alabama (Civil War)...they were my great-great grandparents.

Re: Harrison Posey b. between 1770-1780 St. Charles County, MD

Cathy Posey (View posts)
Posted: 28 Dec 2004 7:35PM GMT
Surnames: posey, passow, davis, johnson, moody, clark, lucas
cindi, I also am seraching this family. My husband is a decendent of Steela, George, Arlow, GY. If we could share information that would be great. I'm checking on a indian blood connection also. If you have information please write back. Cathy

Gayle (View posts)
Posted: 21 Jun 2005 12:40PM GMT
I am also a descendant of Steela Posey. Do you have any information on Steela's parents and grandparents?

Cathy Posey (View posts)
Posted: 16 Jul 2005 1:43PM GMT
Edited: 19 Jul 2005 8:43PM GMT
Surnames: Posey
Harrison Posey is who we believe is Steela Posey's father. You will find them is KY. Then they went to MO. Some on Steela's children went to OK. That's where my husband's line cont's. Thanks for the email. Cathy

slrohrs (View posts)
Posted: 24 Aug 2005 1:40AM GMT
I have been looking for the parents of Harrison Posey m. Lavina Vandike for years. I descend from Green Harrison Posey m. Emily Jane Vandiver. His 2nd wife was Deborah Russell. All 3 of Harrison Posey's sons left KY and moved to Macon County, MO: Birdrick Posey, Steela Augusta Posey, Green Harrison Posey. Steela moved from Macon County, MO, to Gentry County, MO, and there is a wonderful biography of him in The History of Gentry and Worth Counties Missouri. In the bio. Steela says that his father was from Charles County, MD. Birdrick Posey in 2 different censuses says he was born in MD. Both Steela and Green Harrison Posey were born in KY.
I will share the information I have with others searching these Posey lines.
Lucinda Eggleston Rohrs, Columbia, MO

David J Posey (View posts)
Posted: 20 Sep 2005 1:33AM GMT
David J. Posey son of Dave Albert Lee Posey son of Glenn A. Posey son of Columbus Posey son of Ateeley A. Posey who is son of Harrison Posey.
David J. Posey (661) 397-4102)

David J. W. Posey (View posts)
Posted: 20 Sep 2005 1:40AM GMT
David James William Posey b. 12-27-1954
Dave Albert Lee Posey b. 12-24-1929
Glenn Albert Posey b. 1903
Columbus Lee Posey
Steeley A. Posey
Harrison Posey

David Posey ....Call me (661) 397-4102

jillmorris589 (View posts)
Posted: 26 Jul 2012 12:24AM GMT
I realize your posts were years ago but, I am a descentdent of Steely Posey and Lavina VanDyke. Does anybody have any idea who her family was ?

slrohrs (View posts)
Posted: 26 Jul 2012 1:23AM GMT
I have a great deal of Posey information to share with you. Steela Augusta Posey was the brother of Green Harrison Posey, my great-great grandfather. Lavina Vandike (many spelling of the surname) was the wife of Harrison Posey, the father and mother of both your Steela Augusta Posey and my Green Harrison Posey. I have seen the grave of Steela Augusta Posey in Gentry County, MO, and below is a biography of Steely. Keep in touch. --Lucinda Eggleston Rohrs, Columbia, MO.

From History of Gentry and Worth Counties [Missouri], 1882 [page 475]-

S.A. POSEY

was born in Russell County, Kentucky, June 12, 1821. His father, Harrison Posey, was a native of Charles County, Maryland, and his mother, formerly Lavina Vandike, of South Carolina. S.A. was the sixth child in the family of seven children. He was reared on a farm in his native county, where he received a limited education. In the fall of 1863 he came to Missouri, locating in Macon County, and here lived until the winter of 1874, when he came to Gentry County. While in Kentucky he learned the trade of blacksmithing, which he has followed more or less during life. He is now engaged in farming, and owns a farm of 120 acres, his residence being on section 27. Mr. Posey has been twice married: First, April 2, 1840, to Miss Sarah E. Bradshaw, of Russell County, Kentucky, by which union they had fourteen children, eight of whom are living. His second marriage occurred November 6, 1866, in Macon County, Missouri, to Mrs. Mary Hill, a daughter of Jessie Canaday, of Indiana. By this union they have had seven children, five of whom are living: Columbus L., Granville Y., Marion S., George A.L. and Nellie L. Mrs. Posey was born in Macon County, Missouri, February 4, 1838.
[Wow! :) A lot of children for Steely. You must have a gazillion cousins....and now another named Lucinda.]

jillmorris589 (View posts)
Posted: 26 Jul 2012 2:31PM GMT
Thanks so much for the info cousin! I will now correct any of my info I have on Steely. Do you have any idea who Harrison and Lavina's parents are? I can't seem to find anything.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions