Search for content in message boards

FLEMING

FLEMING

odramm (View posts)
Posted: 26 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 30 May 2005 9:48AM GMT
Surnames: Fleming, Morley, Mackie, Crowe, Spence, Gore, Phibbs, Hearn, D'Arcy, Coleman, Bruce, Stirke
Seven Fleming brothers from Scotland settled in Sligo before 1700. Brothers were 1.Robert (or Richard?), 2.William, 3.Col.James, 4.Frank F of Shusha, Co.Sligo, 5.John (see below), 6.Archibald, 7.Robert of Archonry, Co. Sligo, Lieut, of 36th Regt. My interest relates particularly to John Fleming of "Roadstown" (near Emlaghfad) who died 1761. He had at least 5 children including Major Michael Fleming (1711-1785) who inherited Roadstown. I'm interested to contact anyone researching these families.

Fleming of Sligo

odramm (View posts)
Posted: 6 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
According to my records:
xxx Robert FLEMING of Achrony, Co Sligo, Lieut in his brother, General James Fleming's, Regt. of Foot, m. Ann, daughter of Mathew PHIBBS of Templevanny & Rockbrook, Co. Sligo (High Sheriff 1716) and d. 1749. They had several children, including:

xx Sir John FLEMING of Brompton Park, Middlesex, Capt. 36th Regt, b. ca. 1702, m. 1753 Jane, dau William COLEMAN and had issue:
x Hargreave(s) William FLEMING
x Jane FLEMING m. Charles STANHOPE
x Catherine Elizabeth FLEMING
x Seymour Dorothy FLEMING
x Margaret Mary FLEMING

xx Robert FLEMING of Achrony - daughter Mary FLEMING m. Arthur GORE

xx William of Abbeyville, Co. Sligo, d.s.p.m ca. 1800, m. Jane PHIBBS, sister of Adam PHIBBS of Ballina, Co. Mayo and dau of Matthew PHIBBS of Collooney, Co. Sligo and had issue:
x Rebecca FLEMING m. ca. 1760 James CRAWFORD of Loughan

xx Archibald FLEMING of Ballinacarra, Co. Sligo

xx Col. Richard FLEMING of Wandsworth House

xx Mathew FLEMING of Old Rock, Co. Sligo

Is this the right family? I have further details on several of these people.

fleming

marg (View posts)
Posted: 6 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
I am descended from Anna daughter of Sir John Fleming who married william phibbs or phipps they had 3 sons and 2 daughters. He was William of Grange and purchased Abbeyville or Ardlahurty.This may be one of your John Flemings Children as the Phibbs Family settled in Sligo.Any information you could give me on the Flemings would be greatly appreciated

fleming

marg. (View posts)
Posted: 9 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
thank you. they are the right family. I have more info on the phibbs line if you want it.

Re: fleming

DE LA VILLARMOIS (View posts)
Posted: 27 Sep 2004 9:09AM GMT
Surnames: fleming gore lynam
Hello

I just read your comments about the Fleming of Sligo written four years ago. My wife happen to be linked to some irish ancestors and is descendant of Mary Ann Gore, who married a Lynam , and was the daughter of Arthus Gore ( of seaview or seaway ) and Mary Fleming .Any information on the ancestors of Robert Fleming, on the Phibbs wouldbe welcomed - thanks

Bruno - paris

Re: Fleming

Allan Murphy (View posts)
Posted: 29 Sep 2004 10:50AM GMT
Hi Bruno,

I think we're talking about the same family. I have the following:

Robert FLEMING of Achrony, Co Sligo (d.1749) Lieut in 36th Regt., m. Ann PHIBBS, daughter of Mathew PHIBBS of Templevanny and Rockbrook, Co. Sligo and had a several children including:

-- Sir John FLEMING of Brompton Park, Middlesex (1701-1765)

-- Robert FLEMING of Achrony, Co Sligo (d.1793) m.? and had daughter, Mary FLEMING m. 1770 Arthur GORE

-- also a daughterwho married Robert HILLAS of Seaview, Co. Sligo.

There is also another connection with GORE. A brother of Robert FLEMING (d.1749) was William FLEMING who is said to have married "Miss GORE of the Arran family"

I have some typescript information I could email separately (a large file) if you'd like. Please email me privately if you want it.

Good luck, Allan

Re: FLEMING

rjcarini (View posts)
Posted: 15 Feb 2005 11:40AM GMT
Surnames: fleming
We are trying to find the roots of James Fleming, b. abt 1842 in Ireland (according to Census reports of his son's family). His father, we think, is David Fleming m. Nora Fleming.

James's son William was born abt 1863 in New Bruinswick, Canada, and James Fleming died abt 1880 in Canada. We don't know if David ever came over to Canada.

Do you have any connection to this family?

Re: FLEMING

odramm (View posts)
Posted: 15 Feb 2005 11:52AM GMT
Sorry but I can't see any obvious connect to your James Fleming born ca. 1842.

Good luck. Allan

kathrynclancy1 (View posts)
Posted: 30 May 2007 3:17AM GMT
The Mathew Phibbs in your tree from Templevany.Did he have a son Captain William Henry Phibbs born 1762? If correct please reply as I decend from these men Thankyou Kathryn

AllanMurphyAU (View posts)
Posted: 31 May 2007 9:58AM GMT
I'm sorry but I don't know anything about this Phibbs family.

Allan Murphy
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions