Search for content in message boards

Reeves / Reaves in Wayne County North Carolina, Indian Springs Township

Reeves / Reaves in Wayne County North Carolina, Indian Springs Township

Christopher Reeves (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jul 2004 2:53PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Reeves Reaves
Hello

I am looking for information about my Reeves / Reaves family line through Wayne County North Carolina.

My direct paternal lineage beginning with my Grandfather is:

Richard Ivey Reeves (1920 - 1967) : Charles Cornelius Reeves (1893 - 1953) : John Reeves (have seen as John A. Reeves) (1861 - 1907) : James Reeves (b. around 1832 ?)

My grandfather Richard Ivey Reeves was one of 4 children:
Richard Ivey Reeves, Charles Lemuel Reeves, John Raymond Reeves, and Edward Earl Reeves

My ggrandfather Charles Cornelius Reeves was one of 6 children:
Charles Cornelius Reeves, Lovie Ann Reeves, Mary Ella Reeves, Hetty May Reeves (have seen as Mae), Troy A. Reeves, and Annie Lamb Reeves

My gggrandfather John Reeves was one of 3 children:
John Reeves, Lemuel Reeves (was in at least one census as Samuel), and Marinda Reeves (have seen as Miranga, Miranda, etc.)

I have no information about my gggrandfather James Reeves aside from the following:
- In the 1860 census for the Indian Springs Township in Wayne County NC, he is 28 years old living with his wife Mary (have seen her maiden name as possibly Bartlett) who is 18. They have 1 child, Lemuel, who is age 1.
- In the 1870 census, James is no longer listed, and Mary has remarried one David Newell. Living with David Newell are Lemuel Reeves, John A. Reeves, and Marinda Reeves. I have found the David Newell / Mary Reaves marriage record online. Mary's last name on the marriage record is spelled Reaves instead of Reeves.

Any information about any of these indivudals would be much appreciated
Christopher Reeves

-to reply by email, remove the 'REMOVE' in my listed address

Re: Reeves / Reaves in Wayne County North Carolina, Indian Springs Township

Shelah Portoukalian (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jul 2004 6:37PM GMT
Surnames: Reaves/Reeves/Millard/Weaver
I can't help you, Chris, but I can tell you I am also a Wayne County NC Reaves/Reeves descendent, and I'm interested in obtaining more information, too. Knowledge of my Reaves consistes of limited family-provided names and the information currently available in the censuses 1850-1930. My grandmother was the daughter of Robert & Melvina (Weaver) Reaves. He was the son of David Robert & Nancy (Millard) Reaves. David Robert was the son of Thomas & Nancy Reaves/Reeves. They, too, were living in Indian Springs Township. I suspect they were cousins to your Reaves/Reeves because none of your ancestor's siblings match those of my ancestors; however, they are living in close proximity to each other in those censuses. I even copied your ancestor's information because I suspected they were family. I continue to search and will be glad to share with you any information I can find.

Re: Reeves / Reaves in Wayne County North Carolina, Indian Springs Township

lambyk1 (View posts)
Posted: 7 Sep 2012 12:16AM GMT
Surnames: Reaves
My great grandfather was Thomas Reaves, Jr. He was the son of Thomas Reaves, Sr. and Nancy (Harris) Reaves of Indian Springs Township. I am looking for any info you may have that I don't. Is it possible that we are cousins?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions