Search for content in message boards

NAPPER Family in Madison Co.

NAPPER Family in Madison Co.

Patricia Fenner (View posts)
Posted: 29 Dec 2001 5:42AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 7 Sep 2009 12:30PM GMT
Surnames: Napper, Roberts, Hoosier
I am searching for information on the Napper family in Madison County, London Ohio. My grandparents were Irvin Napper and Elizabeth Hoosier. My great-grandparents were John Napper and Lillie Roberts and my great-great grandfather was Green Roberts. Does anyone have any inforamtion on this family. Thanks for any info you can give me. Email me anytime....

Re: NAPPER Family

cbaker17_1 (View posts)
Posted: 6 Sep 2009 5:02PM GMT
Edited: 7 Sep 2009 12:30PM GMT
Surnames: napper, hocker
hi
i have a relative who is related to the napper family. Jeanne hocker married wilford napper. They were from madison county but their children moved to franklin county. If you have a relation let me know!

patrn49 (View posts)
Posted: 6 Sep 2009 8:43PM GMT
Edited: 7 Sep 2009 12:31PM GMT
Yes...My family lived and lives in London, Madison County, Ohio. Some of them moved to Columbus, Franklin County, Ohio. Please give me some names of your family members.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Pat

cbaker17_1 (View posts)
Posted: 6 Sep 2009 8:48PM GMT
Edited: 7 Sep 2009 12:31PM GMT
well the only napper families that I know of are Jeanne Hocker napper and wilford napper. The children are gail, richard, edward, walda, and ronald.

Re: NAPPER Family in Madison Co.

adamclark01 (View posts)
Posted: 8 Sep 2009 4:27PM GMT
Hi Particia,
I am also related to the individuals you are inquiring about.
Irvin C Napper is my 2nd cousin 3x removed
Elizabeth Hoosier is my 2nd cousin 3x removed, in-law
John Napper is my 1st cousin 4x removed, in-law
Lillie Roberts is my 1st cousin 4x removed
Green Roberts is my 3rd great grand uncle. His sister, Caroline Roberts, is my 3rd great grandmother.
Green and Carline Roberts' parents are Willis Roberts and Weltha Ash.
Caroline Roberts was married to James Cain, my 3rd great grandfather.
Hope this helps. I am working on my family tree and I would be happy to share any information I have with you. It's still a work in progress.

patrn49 (View posts)
Posted: 9 Sep 2009 4:03AM GMT
Yes...it is a work in progress. I am so happy you replied to my posting. Yes we are family!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been searching for people who are related and I am glad I found you. I live in Indianapolis, Indiana. I have been research my family since the mid 80"s. I switch back and forth from my mother's side and my fathers. Then I work on my husbands.

My father was Kenneth Napper who is the son of Irvin Napper and Elizabeth Hoosier. I would love to have any information that you can share with me and I will also give you any I have. Where do you live and how long have you been researching your family? I know Willis Roberts and Wealthy Ash came from Northampton, NC. Do you know any of the Nappers personally? I see you have pictures on Ancestry.com. You have been to the Kirkwood Cemetery in London, Ohio. Green Roberts was the sexton for the Kirkwood Cemetery...I have an article that was written about him. I got the article from the London Ohio Library. Well...I better get off here...I have to go to work tomorrow. I hope to hear from you soon. Thank again for replying to my posting. It has made my day!!

Looking forward to your reply. I believe your name is Adam Clark...am I right.

My name is Patricia Fenner

adamclark01 (View posts)
Posted: 9 Sep 2009 3:09PM GMT
Hi Patricia,

I'm glad you responded so quickly. My name is Louis Adam Clark, Jr., but I go by my middle name since my father was called Louis. I live in Dallas, Texas. I've been researching my family tree on and off for about 3 years. No, I don't know any of the Nappers personally, only through research on Ancestry.com.

My sister in-law lives in Xenia, so I get to Ohio on a frequent basis. I visited Kirkwood Cemetery on my last visit this past July.

My email address is adamclark01@sbcglobal.net. If possible, please send me a copy of the article you have about Green Roberts. I am going to add you to my family tree and send you an invitation to view/edit individuals in the tree. This will also enable you to see living people.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Adam

patrn49 (View posts)
Posted: 9 Sep 2009 10:12PM GMT
Adam,

Never been to Dallas but went to Houston years ago. Well as you know London is a very small town. Were you born in Dallas? Is your sister-in-law related to anyone in London? What is her Maiden name? Some of my relatives lived in Xenia. I will send you a copy of the article. I will try scanning it and attaching it to an email. Thanks for your email address. My email address is : patrn93@yahoo.com
Maybe when you come to Xenia on another trip we can meet.

I will try to send you the article by this weekend.

You can always email me...I check my email regularly. I will always respond but if I don't respond during that day...don't worry I will.

I will be out of state Sept 24-28 and will not be looking at email...so if you email during that time period...I will respond to your email when I return.

Glad to hear from you again.

judithroberts85 (View posts)
Posted: 28 Feb 2011 8:50PM GMT
Surnames: Roberts
My name is Judy Roberts and I have traced my Roberts Roots to Northampton County, North Carolina...I have know for some time now about the Roberts-Napper connection. As a matter-of-fact we share the same ancestor Green Roberts...My brother and I even had a Roberts Homecoming at Fred Scurry's home several years back ( may he rest in peace) I would love to hear from you theres is so much I can share with you ...My phone Number is 614-351-8164..Lokking forward to hearing from you soon..Take Care

judithroberts85 (View posts)
Posted: 28 Feb 2011 9:01PM GMT
Surnames: Roberts
Hi Patricia..My name is Judy roberts and I have been trying to get a hold of you. At one time you had contacted my brother Leroy Roberts by phone..Please get in touch with me whenever you get this message....I have lots of information on my Branch of the Roberts Family...614-351-8164...Take Care
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions