Search for content in message boards

Dorverden, Hanover

Dorverden, Hanover

RichardNelson392 (View posts)
Posted: 30 Oct 2005 2:47AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 24 Nov 2005 5:39AM GMT
Surnames: Grauerholtz, Heims
Ancestor John Harmon Grauerholtz was supposedly born in Dorverden on 14 March 1838 to parents Hermann Grauerholtz and Dorothea Heims.
Paternal grandparents were supposedly Herman Hinrich Grauerholtz (b. 1751 in Graue, Asendorf, Hanover, d. 10 July 1822 in Dorverden) and Anna Ilse Gesche Nordholz (b. 18 Feb. 1756, d. 19 Mar. 1817).

I would very much appreciate it if anyone could verify this information. Also, I would be very interested to learn if John Harmon Grauerholtz had any siblings.

Thank you.

Richard Nelson

Re: Dorverden, Hanover

OurSmiths (View posts)
Posted: 27 Sep 2007 2:30AM GMT
Classification: Marriage
Surnames: Grauerholtz, Faail
John Hermann Grauerholtz- my gr-grandfather- I found a brother, Henry, b.1840ish in Germ. - marriage cert from Marion Co. IA - married Henrietta Faail (b.1847 in Germ.)on 9/24/1883. I'm still looking hard to find more info on this line - would love to share - Teri Skeen skeenwash@gmail.com

donburkegen47 (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jun 2012 10:18PM GMT
Surnames: Grauerholz
I have proof of his birth and many siblings. Don Burke

Posted: 15 Jun 2012 1:58AM GMT
That would be wonderful!
John Harmon was my wife's great-grandfather. He came to the U.S. and fought in the Civil War in a unit from New York. He later moved to Chicago and finally to Cedar Rapids/Marion, Iowa.
I would very much appreciate any help that you can give me.
Rick

Posted: 15 Jun 2012 9:04PM GMT
I hired a researcher a few years ago. I have the names and birth dates of 11 children of Johann Hermann Heinrich Graurholz and Dorthea Heims. I can also go back a ways as you can see from my family tree.

I would love to compare information.

My e-mail address is:rrexnelson@aol.com

Richard
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions