Search for content in message boards

CC Corps

CC Corps

edward ligus (View posts)
Posted: 7 Aug 2011 2:31PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: ligus ligusz legas ligas
Can anyone tell me where to find information regarding my Dad's service time in the CCC. All we know is that he served in Louisana and Lake Tahoe. We are in NY state and can't figure out why he served there or with which camps. I believe I recently heard that sources are there, but not free anymore.
My dad's name was Stanley Harry Ligus from Killbuck, New York which ic near Salamanca and south of Buffalo, NY.
Any information either related to CCC or otherwise is very welcome.

Thanks

Edward Ligus

Re: CC Corps

CDDFO1 (View posts)
Posted: 23 Dec 2011 12:48AM GMT
Classification: Query
n June of 2009, CCC records held in the name of the CCC by the Office of Personnel Management (OPM), were transferred to the custody of the National Archives and Records Administration.

There is a fee associated with this service. These fees are authorized under the 44 U.S.C. 2116 (c) which authorizes NARA to charge a fee to the public for making or authenticating copies or reproduction of material transferred to the NARA’s custody.
Fee schedule: Five and fewer pages is $20.00; Six and more pages is $60.00. It should be noted that most CCC records are more than five pages so requesters can generally expect a fee of $60.00.

Enrollee name: Last, First, Middle or, nickname
Birth date:
Branch of Service: Civilian Conservation Corps
Separation Date:
Location of the camp (if known):
Proof of death is no longer required, but it can help to expedite the process.
Make a copy your request for your file. Sign and date your request and mail to:
National Archives and Records Administration (NARA)
National Personnel Records Center
111 Winnebago Street
St. Louis, MO 63118
Phone: (314)801-9250
Fax:(314)801-9270

Fax requests will be accepted at 314-801-9270 but a signature must be included. Notification of fees and payment methods will be sent to the requester as part of the case processing.

For additional information on civilian records visit the website. http://www.archives.gov/st-louis/civilian-personnel/index.ht...

The military records information can be obtained by visiting http://www.archives.gov/st-louis/military-personnel/
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions