Search for content in message boards

Patrick Simmons

Patrick Simmons

crandolph822 (View posts)
Posted: 21 May 2012 8:40PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am searching for Patrick Simmons,possibly born in Pocahontas County, WV, circa 1868-1927 Mother and father unknown, married Verda Hannah, from Edrar, two children, Adam Ralph in 1910, and I believe Leola, in 1913.Unable to trace back, and loose info on him before children are born, any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

Re: Patrick Simmons

DecMay (View posts)
Posted: 22 May 2012 2:55AM GMT
Edited: 22 May 2012 2:57AM GMT
Look at the Joseph Isaac Simmons and Nancy Hannah Childers Line. Could be "Patrick" went by Pat and others assumed it was for "Patrick", like for the 1910 census (he is single in the Freudenberg household and head could have given wrong name) in Edray,Pocahontas County WV when it should have been for Patterson Simmons. Verdie S Hannah is in parents household in same census and listed as single. Census taken April 20th and 25th 1910, for each, 5 days apart.

The birth entry for Adam Ralph Simmons b. Aug 12, 1910 with father listed as "Pat" Simmons and mother as Verdie Simmons, has noted it was entered into ledger by the county clerk on Sept 16, 1940. So again just used the name "Pat" for record so could be Patterson. Because Adam died 1950 and the birth record says "Pat", informant could have assumed full name Patrick, not Patterson.

Another son of Joseph and Hannah is Quincy Elbert (Ebbert in 1900 Pocahontas Co WV census) named a son Ralph b. June 8, 1899/1900. (WWI Card has Ralph Wheeler Simmons with father Q.E. Simmons as next of kin. b. June 8, 1899).

A Ralph Simmons is in a Clarke and Catherine Kellison household 1900 Edray, Pocahontas County WV census, with Ebbert and Cornelia (nee Kellison) Simmons the next household. I believe another name was filled in with age and yr of birth (age 27 b. 1872) but then erased and Ralph Simmons written in with grandson noted but age and yr of birth were not changed).

Youngest daughter of Joseph and Hannah is an Elizabeth S Simmons married a Jacob Kellison in 1872 in Pocahontas County. (his secnd wife).

Looking at the trees online for Joseph Simmons, wife Nancy Hannah Childers, no one seems to have any information on son Patterson after 1880 census. For "Patrick" Simmons with wife Verdie Hannah, no one has information before 1910. So it is my speculation they might be one in the same.

If Adam Ralph Simmons has any male descendants and a another Simmons male descendant of Joseph Simmons with mother nee Childers could be found, you might try a Y-DNA comparison. There is a Simmons DNA Project just do an internet search to find it.

crandolph822 (View posts)
Posted: 23 May 2012 12:31PM GMT
Adam R Simmons is my Uncle by marriage, my aunt is also a Simmons from Randolph County, (Laola Alice Simmons), My mother,s sister, Patrick's granddaughter is my first cousin, we have been trying to trace back to see the family history on this Simmons side.I am thinking it was one of Henry Simmons and Catherine Snyder descendants. Thank you for the help, will jump right in the middle of this, Thanks again

PeggyHILL84 (View posts)
Posted: 29 May 2012 5:51AM GMT
You give death date for your Pat Simmons as 1927. There is a death record for a Patterson Simmons in WV in 1927. The record on the internet does not give his birthdate but this looks like the right one.
How were you able to establish your Pat Simmons approx dates of birth & death? Where did you find his marriage record? I have been unable to find one for him.
Anyway, if you believe Patterson Simmons is your man, I can take you back a few generations on the line.
EMail me direct and give your regular mailing address and I will send you family sheets on the line as far back as I have it along with names of others researching the line if available. Peggyhill@prodigy.net
Peggy Hill
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions