Search for content in message boards

FTM 2012: Media Upload Error

FTM 2012: Media Upload Error

CGreen4918 (View posts)
Posted: 19 Oct 2011 12:29AM GMT
Classification: Query
FTM reads "In-sync" but reports "Media: 26 not complete - process error". When I click this hyperlink a pop-up window reports, "Process error. Some media items were not updated because of a processing error." Which media items were not updated? Is this an error on the server end or my end? Is it temporary, or do I need to manually compare online media records with my local media records? If I do manually sync these media items, will this message go away? Thank you for a great FTM release that works in every other regard, to the extent that I have used it.

Re: FTM 2012: Media Upload Error

Russ Worthington (View posts)
Posted: 20 Oct 2011 1:33PM GMT
cgreen,

Haven't seen that error message.

Does it appear that you are missing any media files?

If you go to the Media Workspace and do a CTRL+F5 are there any missing media files?

What types of media files do you have in your AMT? I am guessing that is where the problem is? Do you have any extremely large media files on your PC or in your AMT?

Russ

CGreen4918 (View posts)
Posted: 21 Oct 2011 1:06AM GMT
Doing a Ctrl+F5 resulted in nothing for me. I suspect I am misunderstanding you at this point. The Media Workspace is the screen that comes up after clicking the Media icon on the toolbar, isn't it? That screen contains Collection/Detail tabs, media thumbnails in the center, Groups on the left, and a detail pane on the right. Ctrl+F5 has no effect on this screen.

I was mistaken in my description of the problem. I should have written, "Media Download Error." I have found almost half of the descrepencies by retracing my steps. The problem started after I made modifications to my AMT and then synced from FTM. The media files I have found so far have been Ancestry census images, which I have been able to manually download from Ancestry to FTM by clicking "Download Image if Avaialable."

After downloading these images, I performed another sync. After several minutes FTM warned me that this sync would address structural issues with my trees, not data differences. At the end of the process, I get the same error message: "Media: 28 not complete - process error."

I am beginning to suspect that I need to delete my online tree and do a complete re-upload.

sl_kelly (View posts)
Posted: 21 Oct 2011 1:17AM GMT
Edited: 21 Oct 2011 1:19AM GMT
If you list your media by category, then do ctrl+f5, you should get a pop up asking if you want to download all media or just missing media. I'll bet $5 that no matter which you choose, you will end up with a "no media download" message, even though you are obviously missing media.

But even if it worked, that would only download missing citation media from acom to FTM, and I assume by the title of your post, this was a FTM file that you uploaded to create a new AMT? So the missing media is media that is in your FTM file but did not upload to your AMT, is that right?

I have not been able to recover from that error message (as in, I have never been able to get the media to complete the upload once I see that message) although I will admit to having not taken a whole lot of time in trying to troubleshoot which media did not upload. I have had favorable results in breaking the link and uploading the file again. You might check first that the media in FTM is up-loadable (file types and file size fall within the limitations of media that will upload).

CGreen4918 (View posts)
Posted: 26 Oct 2011 10:12PM GMT
I performed missing media download and I closed the program. When I tried to re-open FTM it crashed. Following the onscreen instructions, I compacted the data. When I re-opened my file, the message had disappeared. Alas, it returned a couple of days later with a higher number of non-matching media files (28 now). My FTM file does have several videos that are not uploadable, but that doesn't explain the increased number. As long as my desktop data is reliable, I m willing to live with this message.

Posted: 27 Oct 2011 12:32AM GMT
cgreen,

Had the Media Download completed when you closed FTM2012?

Russ

CGreen4918 (View posts)
Posted: 27 Oct 2011 11:36PM GMT
Yes. At least the download window had gone away. In any case I have performed Ctrl-F5 several times since and that window reports no outstanding media files that are un-transferred. This evening I am not getting the Process Error message. However, this has happened before; I would not take that $5 bet that the message won't return.

I don't know if this has any bearing the issue, but I could not do my initial (>4GB) file transfer from FTM to my AMT over my home wireless network. It worked perfectly when my laptop was wired directly into my home router. After the file was completely uploaded, subsequent syncs worked flawlessly over the wireless connection--and wired syncs did not make the Process Error go away.

The Process Error seems to report at random intervals, and(I believe) only after I have made a change to FTM that requires an upload to the AMT. Online changes that require a download don't report that error.

Daniel Edwards (View posts)
Posted: 3 Nov 2011 10:52AM GMT
I have the same problem only with 1700 media items plus. And as usually ancestry help really dont help.

And it all seems to be ancestry tree census where the issue lies. my tree has over 14k people and i have deleted and re downloaded from ancestry 3 times now.

I really think all in all the FTM 2012 is poor software that has a lack of testing. Above is just the one issue i have. my people i add to FTM tree wont then appear on the online tree, even after 7 days.
I cant merge 2 tree together on FTM with out the programme shutting down because it stopped working. these are just a few to mention

Barbara Bolte (View posts)
Posted: 3 Nov 2011 2:51PM GMT
I get that same processing error...for 2161 files...don't know what's going on but I'm hoping Ancestry can come up with a fix for all the problems we are having with this new software.....I was really looking forward to the "sync" but now I'm not so sure....Maybe they put it on the market before all the bugs were worked out...

Posted: 4 Nov 2011 1:51PM GMT
Barbara,

Have you compacted your file recently?

After you have done that, do the Sync Now. What happens exactly. Please provide some details as to what is happening.

Thank you,

Russ
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions