Search for content in message boards

Osborne family, Osborne Twp, Clayton County, IOWA

Osborne family, Osborne Twp, Clayton County, IOWA

kelley1993 (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jun 2005 2:36PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 27 Nov 2005 8:07PM GMT
Surnames: Osborne & Ribble
Looking for info on family of Elizabeth Ann Ribble b.1838 Oakville ON Canada d/o William Ribble II & Susan Barnes who married 1851 Oakville to Thomas Osborne Sr. b.1818 England s/o Robert Osborne & Mary Temple. They had 9 children some born in Ontario Canada and some in Osborne Twp, Clayton Co., IOWA. I have a picture of one of their children Thomas Osborne Jr. and would like to know if anyone has any info on this family and if you are a family member. I am still searching this family and would like to know more.

Re: Osborne family, Osborne Twp, Clayton County, IOWA

Tracy (View posts)
Posted: 22 Aug 2005 8:06PM GMT
Surnames: Osborne, Barnes, Ribble
I have sent an e-mail to my mom Kitty (nee Osborne). She has a some research from the Osborne family in Iowa and may be able to help. I know Thomas and Elizabeth Osborne, founders of Osborne Iowa, are my grandparents though I'm not exactly sure what generation. I would love to see the picture if you are able to scan it and e-mail it. My mom had some pictures as well but I can't remember the extent of her research.

kelley1993 (View posts)
Posted: 13 Dec 2006 12:01PM GMT
Surnames: Osborne, Barnes, Ribble
Hi Tracey

Would like to know if your Mom has any info on the Osborne family? Right now I am unable to locate my picture of Thomas Osborne Jr. I have been fixing up my papers and this pic has been misplaced accidentally. Once I find it I will get a copy sent off to you. I do however have a pic of our young Elizabeth Anne Ribble-Osborne with her oldest sister my GGma Eliza Ribble-Kelley taken at a young age and I am not sure which one is which cause they look like twins. I would like to see some of the pictures that your Mom has and I am sure that the Osborne Conservation area would love to have some of the pics of the family since some of the pics that they had were lost in a fire.
I do have a pic of my GGma Eliza at an older age as well as her husband, my GGpa James Kelley both of Oakville (Halton County) Ontario. I would like to know the exact dates that she has for the records to post in the family tree. Elizabeth Anne was of 9 children and of old German descent as her main ancestor Johann Georg Ribble immigrated to Sussex NJ in 1797.
It is nice to know that there are some family members still around. I do have info on the rest of Elizabeth Anne's family tree if you would like to have it. I am still researching the family of Ribble and have found new family members.
Hope to hear from you in the near future.
My email address is bekelleyca@yahoo.ca

kelley1993 (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jan 2008 3:16PM GMT
Hi
Would like to know more about the Osborne family tree. I would like to know if you also have any pics of the family members. I have one of Eliza and Elizabeth at young age and I cant tell who is who. Would be interested in knowing the correct dates for the family tree records. I also have info on Elizabeth's siblings. Please contact me at kelleyribble@yahoo.ca.
Hope to hear from you

kelley1993 (View posts)
Posted: 22 Jul 2011 2:06AM GMT
Surnames: osborne ribble
tracey would live to see if you have any pics of our Elizabeth n her family as well as birth death wedding dates of family members so i can update family tree. be email me at kelleyxribblexfamily@yahoo.ca. hope to hear from you soon. barb

tracyst12 (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jan 2012 12:26AM GMT
Surnames: Osborne, Ribble
Hello,

I sadly don't have any pictures of Elizabeth (Ribble) and Thomas Osborne. I thought perhaps my mom did, but she does not. I have traced Thomas Osborne's family back in England several generations, but haven't done much about Elizabeth Ribble's side.

kelley1993 (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jan 2012 6:00PM GMT
Surnames: Ribble Osborne
I have info if you need anything on Elizabeths Ribbles family.
Please email me at kelleyxribblexfamiy@yahoo.ca and I will get you the info.
Any help you have on their tree would be great to add to the Ribble/Osborne side of the tree
thanks
Barbara
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions