Search for content in message boards

Parents of John Bender

Parents of John Bender

Lori Helser (View posts)
Posted: 24 Dec 2005 4:51AM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for the parents of John Bender born Feb 1792 and died April 8 1874. He married Elizabeth Coots(Kouts/Kutz) born 1802 and died January 2 1875.. They had Samuel, John, Susan, Margaret, William H, and Martin M Bender. Samuel was married to Elizabeth Humbert.

Re: Parents of John Bender

Cadfael01 (View posts)
Posted: 25 Dec 2005 8:39AM GMT
Surnames: Bender
Can you provide some location information? Where was John living? Did he emigrate from somewhere? (Most Benders came from Germany.)
The dates and a couple of the names fit some ancestors of mine but I very much doubt if your John is the same one as mine.

NSulouff (View posts)
Posted: 25 Dec 2005 10:39PM GMT
Edited: 8 Jan 2006 2:02PM GMT
Surnames: SULOUFF, BENDER, KAMMERER
Because I lack a location for the John Bender named in your query, I cannot determine if my questions and information might be relevant or not.

I am researching my 3rd great grandfather, John Bender, who was born about 1765, probably in Lancaster Co. PA. He married Elizabeth Kammerer and they had a daughter, Anna 'Nancy' Bender, baptized in Mt. Joy , Lancaster Co., PA on 16 Sep 1797. It appears possible my Nancy Bender is a sister of the John Bender in your query. I have information on both Sulouff and Kammerer ancestors.

If you agree your John Bender might be son of my John Bender, please contact me at zuli@sprintmail.com.

L Drewitz (View posts)
Posted: 26 Dec 2005 5:17PM GMT
Edited: 27 Dec 2005 11:42PM GMT
Mr. Sulouff,

I have a 3rd G Grandfather by the name of Henry Bender who has proven quite elusive. He was b. about 1812 in Pa. Would you have a Henry Bender in your database? I'm crossing my fingers!

L Drewitz

NSulouff (View posts)
Posted: 26 Dec 2005 6:18PM GMT
Edited: 8 Jan 2006 2:02PM GMT
I estimate my 4th great grandfather, John Bender, of Mt. Joy, Lancaster Co., was born 1765. This is based upon the fact he was placed under guardianship when his father died in 1784 and upon the 1795 birthdate I have for his daughter who was my 3rd great grandmother. Regret I have no sons' names for my John Bender and cannot connect with the Bender you are researching, who is much later.

Ldrewitz (View posts)
Posted: 26 Dec 2005 6:44PM GMT
Mr. Sulouff,

Thank you anyway for trying.

Lori Helser (View posts)
Posted: 27 Dec 2005 12:34AM GMT
The only thing I have on John and Elizabeth Coots Bender are their dates. He was a stage driver I have no siblings either for either of them. Their son Samuel, I have born in PA buried at St. Paul's Luthern Church or possibly at Union Cemetery in McConnellsburg, Fulton Co. PA. along with is wife Elizabeth Humbert. Samuel was a cabinet maker Elizabeth Humbert's parents are Frederick Humbert III and Esther ???

Jack Bender, III (View posts)
Posted: 27 Dec 2005 4:24AM GMT
Edited: 27 Dec 2005 11:28PM GMT
Surnames: BENDER, MAYER, MOYER ,SAINTCLAIR ,SINCLAIR ,HENSEL
I read the posted message with interest since my ggggrandfather was born in Mt. Joy in 1800. I have no idea if he is related to the Nancy Bender who was baptized in the same place in 1797. My Jacob Bender was married in 1825 in Lancaster City to a Maria (Mary)Mayer or Moyer of Lancaster County PA. Their second child Tobias was born in 1828 and he later emigrated using a raft to head West on the Ohio ending up first in Indiana and then moving on to Missouri and then to Kansas. He is buried in Kansas City, Kansas in Highland Cemetery. He died January 1 1926 living almost 98 years. He married first one Sarah Hensel in Peoria, Illinois under license #1970 with the marriage recorded in the marriage records at vol. 1 page 227. His second marriage was to Elizabeth Saintclair (aka) Sinclair on March 14, 1854 in Fulton, County, Illinois under license #00000078 with the marriage recorded in the marriage records at vol. 003 page 0246. She is the source of my middle name Sinclair. She is buried in Union Cemetery in Kansas City, Missouri having died in 1905. She was supposedly born in Pennsylvania in 1838.
Jacob and Maria had eleven children. He lived from 1800 to 1881. He is buried in the Harrisburg Cemetery in Harrisburg, Dauphin County, PA. She lived from 1805 to 1865. Maria (Mary) is also buried in the Harrisburg Cemetery in Dauphin County, PA.
If you or anyone reading this message thinks there is a connection between any of these people and your or their lineage or can shed light on any of the above please post a message or e-mail me direct at galaxy2010@aol.com. Thank you

sharonhatt (View posts)
Posted: 2 Oct 2008 3:31AM GMT
I am also looking for info. on a John Bender born about 1795. I am interested in the son John, do you have any info on him or when he was born. My gg grandfather was a John Bender born about 1826 and from what I can find in my framily file, his father was also named John. I have no info on when for sure he was born or who his wife was.

sharonhatt@comcast.net

jlcs1 (View posts)
Posted: 11 Oct 2008 1:58AM GMT
From the info that you emailed me with I may have a connection for you.

If your gg grandfather John Bender born about 1826 is the John Bender in my files he was born Dec 1826 died 1901 buried at the Luther Church in McConnellsburg, PA married to a Catherine Shade born Mar 1838 died 1927.

He is a brother to Samuel Bender May 1830 - Mar 24 1920 buried at the Luther Church also married to Elizabeth Humbert which is my line. Also brothers William H Bender and Martin M Bender and sisters Susan Bender ans Margaret.

Their parents were John Bender Feb 1792 to Apr 8 1874 stage coach driver and Elizabeth Cootz(Kouts -Kutz) 1802 to Jan 2 1875

On rootsweb.com if you look up a Ron Rose you may be able to get more info on him. Some of mine came from him but also through McConnellsburg/Mercersburg Historical Societies.

Are you aware of any pictures with names on? I have an old album from my grandmother from the Bender-Unger line but no names are on any pictures. Native American blood in this family? One lady is definetly Native American because she is dressed Native American.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions