Search for content in message boards

Descendants of John & Priscilla Alden and their descendants Presidents John Adams & John Quincy Adams

Descendants of John & Priscilla Alden and their descendants Presidents John Adams & John Quincy Adams

Lionhearts (View posts)
Posted: 6 Aug 2003 7:37AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello! I am a blood descendant of the Aldens,Eatons,Mullins,Priests,and Delano families and would like to hear from my cousins descended from the persons and families listed above. Thank you and GOD bless.

Re: Descendants of John & Priscilla Alden and their descendants Presidents John Adams & John Quincy Adams

fivefrogs5_1 (View posts)
Posted: 8 Aug 2003 7:00PM GMT
Hi,
I am the sixth generation of Adams family in my town of Londonderry, N.H.
Miss Jane Adams of Newburyport, daughter of Dea. Edmund and Hannah Adams, cousin of President John Quincy Adams. She was b. 2/13/1773, and married 12/31/1794. She d. 9/24/1859, he d. 8/9/1857. Their children: Edmund, Hannah and Eliza. Eliza, b. 7/5/1801, married Henry P. Foster of Walpole, N.H., 11/11/1840. He was b. in 1799 , and d. 8/18/1861. She d. 12/10/1885 in Walpole, N.H. Their children, Charles Marsh, and Katie J., b. 2/22/1845, married Benjamin Adams of Derry, N.H. 12/15/1885. In Derry, today, is a hall, named after Benjamin Adams, the Adams Memorial Building, on W. Broadway, along with the Opera House in the same building.
Please let me know if any of this shows in your genealogy records. BMI

Re: Descendants of John & Priscilla Alden and their descendants Presidents John Adams & John Quincy Adams

Lionhearts (View posts)
Posted: 8 Aug 2003 10:27PM GMT
Hello Cousin! Being a musician I really "dig" your initials (BMI)! It is obvious that you are related to J.Q. and John Sr.,the Aldens,Mullins,Priests,and Eatons of the Mayflower.You are descended from John Adams who arrived on the "Fortune"in November of 1621. You are also related to the Delano and Bass families. Philippe DeLaNoye(Delano) was one of John Adams`fellow passengers on the trip across that stormy Atlantic.I have saw the name DeaconEdmund Adams in my records but I can`t locate it.As for the others I can`t find any info,sorry! If you can send me some "unusual" surnames up "to" the time in question,I may be able to help you further.Thanks for writing,Lionhearts

BMI (View posts)
Posted: 10 Aug 2003 5:47PM GMT
My living cousin is also a music person. She is a jazz singer, and has one CD out in the market place.
The information on our Adams family came to me from the "Marsh Family 1635" given to my gr. grandmother in 1887. It is the Genealogy of the family of George Marsh, who came from England in 1635, and settled in Hingham, Ma..The book is dedicated to the descendants of George Marsh. Have you seen this book, or heard of it?

Lionhearts (View posts)
Posted: 10 Aug 2003 11:54PM GMT
Hello BMI! I am happy to hear about the success of your living cousin. No I haven`t heard of the Marsh link but I intend to investigate. Thank you,L.H.

Apeadams (View posts)
Posted: 18 Aug 2003 12:49PM GMT
Surnames: Adams
Hi I am looking for several of my Adam's descendents. I found a newspaper article from a 1890 newspaper. The first Adams mentioned is Absalos Q. Adams. It says his grandfather came over from Whales and settled in Virginia. It also says that they were related to the presidents. Does any of your info match that at all? If so please let me know. Thanks.

Lionhearts (View posts)
Posted: 18 Aug 2003 2:05PM GMT
Hello Adams.I need more "info" to help you. Firstly,was his name ''Absolom'' Q. Adams,and when and where did he arrive in Virginia ? When and where did he depart Wales? I would say that offhand if he claimed to be related to Presidents,then it was indeed possible. L.H.

B.Iler (View posts)
Posted: 21 Mar 2004 12:20PM GMT
Surnames: Adams
I have recently acquired a family genealogy book showing my family to be decendants of George Marsh who came from England in 1635 and settled in Hingham, Mass.
About 1791 came to Walpole, N.H.and from there to Derry for his bride Miss Jane Adams of Newburyport, daughter of Dea. Edmund and Hannah Adams, a cousin of President John Quincy Adams. She was b. 12/4/1805, married 10/16/1828 to Edmund Adams of Derry.. She d. 6/10/1833,

LIONHEARTS (View posts)
Posted: 23 Mar 2004 5:24PM GMT
Kudos to you B.Iler. You know that John Quincey and his "rebellious"little father" John Adams are direct descendents of John and Priscilla "Mullins"Alden,and ancestors of Marilyn Monroe, George ORSON Welles,Henry Wadsworth Longfellow,Danford Quayle of the "great potatos debate",lol, Adlai Stevenson I & II,and a host of other celebrities,U.S.Presidents and Mayflower families,Delanos also. Thank you for sharing your good fortune with me. Sincerely your cousin,LIONHEARTS.

fieldsiefields24 (View posts)
Posted: 26 Jun 2012 4:45PM GMT
Hey, I'm Jennifer Fields. I'm a blood relative of John Alden, Priscilla Mullins, William Mullins, Edward fuller, dr. Samuel fuller, edward's son samuel, and John Adams. I would love toget to know you
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions