Search for content in message boards

John Carroll III - Spouse Information

John Carroll III - Spouse Information

carlowen (View posts)
Posted: 22 Jun 2012 2:09PM GMT
Classification: Query
The information that I have had was that John Carroll III was married to Elizabeth Vasser and they had a son John IV. The other day i found some information that Elizabeth was his third wife and not the mother of John. Which information is correct. Thanks

Re: John Carroll III - Spouse Information

southard (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jun 2012 6:23PM GMT
Surnames: Carroll
For folks to help you, you need to give some dates and locations for the poeple you know about. There were hundreds of John Carrolls, and most of them also named their sons John.

Are you researching the Carrolls of Isle of Wight County, VA? If so, do you know if any of them came to Southeastern NC?

Re: John Carroll III - Spouse Information

carlowen (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jun 2012 8:12PM GMT
Sorry about the lack of information. I dont normally forget info like tht! I have always had John Carroll III date of birth about 1650. Now I find it anywhere between 1650-1681.
I do know that he was born in the Isle of Wight, Virginia. He died about 1769 in Johnston County, North Carolina. I had that he was married to Elizabeth Vasser, who was also born in the Isle of Wight, Virginia. I was informed that they had a son and named him John Carroll 1V (alson born in the Isle of Wight). But the other day I found information that Elizabeth Vasser was not his mother. Can this informtion please be verified including possible dates of birth for John Carroll III. Thanks!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions