Search for content in message boards

John T. Wright born 1855 Georgia, died Texas

John T. Wright born 1855 Georgia, died Texas

Slidell (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jan 2000 9:44AM GMT
Edited: 25 Jun 2001 10:31AM GMT
John T. and his wife Eliza (her maiden surname is unknown. She was born 1854 Ala. Her father was born in S. Car and her mother in Ga. That is all we know about her right now) could both read and write. We believe they both died in Upshur Co, (East) Texas.
They had five children. Lonnie Winston "Lee" Wright (Sr. born 1874 Upshur), Fannie (born 1875 Upshur, married ?STEWART), Alice (born 1878 Upshur, married ?DuBOSE), Addie (called Essie, born 1880 Upshur, married ?STEWART) and Vollie (born 1883 Upshur, married Oscar DUNN).
Lonnie Winston Wright, Sr., called Lee, married Docia Belle WILSON and had, among others, Lonnie Winston Wright, Jr., called "Brit". Brit Wright was my father-in-law.
If these folks are members of your family, too, please contact me at BL30x90@aol.com

Thank you,
Barbara Wright
Slidell, La.
BL30x90@aol.com

REPLY TO WRIGHTS IN GEORGIA

CARLA RUTH (HUGHEY) SIMPSON (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jan 2000 4:29AM GMT
I HAVE A PICTURE OF A FAMILY REUNION IN EAST POINT GEORGIA, SUNDAY JANUARY 18, 1903. INCLUDED IN THE PICTURE ARE: WILLIAM ADAM WRIGHT(WEARING A BADGE)-MARRIED MARGRET LUCINDA HUGHEY,WILLIAM LUTHER WRIGHT-HOLDING DAUGHTER ALMA KATE WRIGHT AND CARRIE LOU DAVIS WRIGHT(NOT SURE WHO SHE WAS MARRIED TO).
I CAN GET MORE INFO FROM MY AUNT.

Wright family, East Point, Ga.

Slidell (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jan 2000 10:21AM GMT
Carla,
Please send me your e-mail address. I would like to take the in-depth discussion of this Wright family off the message board as it probably wouldn't interest anyone not directly related.

Barbara Wright
Slidell, La.
BL30x90@aol.com

May 2001: Update on John T and Eliza

Slidell (View posts)
Posted: 15 May 2001 8:14AM GMT
Recent discoveries show that John T.'s nickname was Tommie so I'm betting the T. stands for Thomas! Also, Eliza turns out to be Liza Elizabeth RANDAL. We still don't have a lot of info on Liza but a full maiden name will certainly help!
(research tip: got the new data through the social security application of their youngest daughter (1883-1966)... good ol' Uncle Sam came through for me on this one!)

Barbara Wright
Slidell, Louisiana
BL30x90@aol.com

Your Wrights

RedRiverTXOK (View posts)
Posted: 16 May 2001 5:22AM GMT
Edited: 17 Aug 2003 6:34PM GMT
Curious if your Eliza Randall was from Indiana, TN or KY. My ggrandfather's youngest sister was Eliza/Elizabeth Randall Wright born about 1851 Lincoln Co., TN, marrying Elkanah Archibald Richards 1870 Benton Co., ARK, later dying 1876 in SW MO. leaving three children (her husband gave his younger two children for adoption by familiies in Iowa). There was also another Wright and Elizabeth Randall marriage 1809 Indiana; there was also another Wright and Elizabeth Randall marriage in west TX in the 1880's.

Eliza Randal m John T. "Tommie" Wright

Slidell (View posts)
Posted: 16 May 2001 2:16PM GMT
Hi Nita,
Sorry, according to the 1880 Upshur Co Texas census my Eliza Randal Wright was born in Alabama. Her father was born in SC and her mother in Ga.
I am interested in the West Texas marriage of Wright and Randal, though. Were the names Eliza (Liza Elizabeth Randal) and "Tommie" (John T. Wright)? It's a long-shot as Upshur is in *East* Texas but I'm checking *everything* out!
Happy hunting!
Barbara Wright
Slidell, Louisiana
BL30x90@aol.com

Wright/Randall

RedRiverTXOK (View posts)
Posted: 17 May 2001 5:43AM GMT
Edited: 17 Aug 2003 6:34PM GMT
Barbara, I posted a notice about a Wright/Randall marriage on the Wright genforum site; it has some more info. There were some Wrights who made complete circles from the Carolinas through TN, KY, the midwest, MO, ARK, TX, then some went on east again through LA, MS and ALA, FLA, with others going to NM, AZ, and CA (some returned from CA to TX), with a few more in OR and WA. I also have a Wright that began in SC, then to TN, ARK, TX, MO, CA, Iowa, and Nebraska.

Wright/genforum

Slidell (View posts)
Posted: 17 May 2001 6:45AM GMT
Thanks, Nita, for letting me know about your posting to genforum's WRIGHT pages. I'll go there next. I am especially interested in the Wrights who went through La., Ms. and Ala. Maybe I can find our John T. and his Eliza in the group!
Wish me luck... and thanks again!
Barbara Wright
Slidell, La.
BL30x90@aol.com

Re: John T. Wright born 1855 Georgia, died Texas

caacm (View posts)
Posted: 25 May 2012 3:59PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: "Tommy" John T. Wright and Elizabeth Randle
My grandmother is Vollie Wright who was married to Oscar Dunn (my direct line). They are buried at East New Hope Cemetery in Mount Pleasant Texas. Per Vollies death certificate her mother was Elizabeth Randle and father Tommy Wright. I believe Elizabeth is buried at East New Hope as well and the dates on the stone are 20 Nov. 1854 - 13 Dec 1901. I believe Lonnie and others are buried here as well. I can not find Tommy. I see here you believe his name was John T. Does anyone have any information on "Tommy" John T?

Re: John T. Wright born 1855 Georgia, died Texas

caacm (View posts)
Posted: 25 May 2012 4:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: email address
Forgot to give email address: caacm@sbcglobal.net
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions