Search for content in message boards

Charles Cockett 1842-1912 Maui

Charles Cockett 1842-1912 Maui

Susan Raymond (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jun 2008 4:32PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Cockett
Looking for some assitance in locating the family of this man. He was married in about 1885 to a woman with the first initial K and they had 3 children, 2 of which were living in 1900. The wife was gone by 1910. Thanks.

Re: Charles Cockett 1842-1912 Maui

ChristinaAK (View posts)
Posted: 28 Aug 2008 8:08AM GMT
Surnames: Cocketts from Maui
I have a Charles Cockett b. 1842 d. 1912 from Maui in my family records. Are you looking for his direct descendants living today? According to some information that I have, you'll most likely find them on Maui, Moloka`i, and O`ahu, although they number possibly in the thousands today! By the way, my ggg-grandfather, Joseph Cockett b. 1838 d. 1899 from Maui, was his brother. The Cockett ohana gathers for a very large family reunion every couple of years. I can find out when and where the next reunion is being held if you need.

Kathleen Choi (View posts)
Posted: 8 Sep 2008 12:17AM GMT
Surnames: Choi
According to the LDS Ancestral File, the Charles Cockett about whom you are inquiring was the son of Charles Cockett (d. 16 Oct 1873) and Betsy Shaw (b. 24 Mar 1817, Kaanapali, daughter of William Shaw of Ireland and Kahiamoe Kauapauikalani). Many of Charles descendants lived in Waikapu, Maui, although the branch to which I am connected by marriage lived in Koloa, Kauai.

Susan Raymond (View posts)
Posted: 8 Sep 2008 1:02AM GMT
I don't have any information other than birth date and death date for Joseph. May I have his wife and children's information?

naia77 (View posts)
Posted: 12 Sep 2008 4:44PM GMT
Surnames: cockett
The Cockett family does have a person who handles the family geneology. If you would like his name & possibly I could get the email address for him let me know.

naia77 (View posts)
Posted: 12 Sep 2008 5:32PM GMT
Surnames: cockett
We are cousins Joseph Cockett is my ggg-grandfather. Who are your parents?

natashja160 (View posts)
Posted: 3 Oct 2008 3:44AM GMT
Surnames: Cockett
i think charles cockett was my mothers mom's father, was he married to a beatrice kakalina? was his children Jeraldine and another son, or possibly is this charles my mother's uncle? being named after the father possibly.

natashja160 (View posts)
Posted: 3 Oct 2008 4:01AM GMT
i am trying to do geneology as well, i am a descendant of charles cockett (b. about 1900) who married a Mary Aki. any info on the ancestors of those? or the person who does know??

NatashjaTong (View posts)
Posted: 12 Feb 2010 5:00AM GMT
Aloha lady, kala mai, i dont know your name, but Jeraldine, its actually Geraldine, she was my Grandmother, you said she had a brother? we dont know anything, because geralding had one daughter that we know of, who is my mom, and geraldine died when my mom was only 4 years old. do you have any more information about Geraldine, her last name was Johansen, and her moms name was actually Beatrice Cockett, Kakalina was the last name of her second husband Edward. Please respond if you can, my email is Tashjatong@ yahoo.com. mahalo nui

cambra808 (View posts)
Posted: 25 Feb 2010 8:22AM GMT
Aloha Natashja,
My name is Lynn Paaoao. I am currently on the board for the Cockett Ohana Reunions. If you would like more info on our family you can email me and I can will try to help you. Our cousin Robbie is the keeper of our entire family tree. We have over 7,000 documented relatives in our tree. I actually have a book that lists all of my aunties, uncles & cousins in alphabetical order and if they are 1st. 2nd 3rd etc...I love it! email me at lynnpaaoao@gmail.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions