Search for content in message boards

Durham

Durham

bcgxxx (View posts)
Posted: 2 Oct 2007 8:11PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am searching for info on Lillie Mae Durham that married Lee Shelton Carr in Hardin Co. Tn. Thanks

Re: Durham

Mrs_Tommie (View posts)
Posted: 13 Dec 2008 6:20PM GMT
Classification: Census
Lillie Mae is my 2nd great aunt. Her parents were William Bedford Durham and Mary Jane Todd.

1900 Census, Hardin Co., TN, dist. 2, page 33B, family 174
Durham, W. B. Head/ Jan/ 1849/ 52
Mary J. wife/ Sep/ 1849/ 51
Sallie A. dau/ Jan/ 1882/ 18/TN/NC/NC
Lizzie B. dau/ Apl / 1883/ 17
Ellen dau/ Sep/ 1884/ 15
Edward son/ Aug/ 1889/ 11

The William and Mary below are William Bedford's parents. Lillie Mae's father is 6 in this census record.

1880 Census, Lawrence Co., Tennessee, dist 112, page 302A, family 112
Durham, Wm., w, m, 31, TN, TN, TN
Mary, w, f, 30, wife, TN, TN, TN
James R., w, m, 8, son, TN, TN, TN
Wm. B., w, m, 6, son, TN, TN, TN
Leona, w, f, 4, dau., TN, TN, TN
Sarah A., w, f, 4/12, born in Jan., dau., TN, TN, TN
Jimmerman, J. H., w, m, 23, farming TN, TN, TN
Lillie M. dau/ Aug/ 1893/6

Tommie

Alice Perry (View posts)
Posted: 9 Feb 2009 11:28AM GMT
Tommie,
The information given in your reply is wrong. You have split up the same family into two families.
William Bedford Durham (born 1/1/1849) and Mary Jane Todd (born September 1851) are my great-grandparents. Their children are:
James R. - 4/18/1872
William Bedford, Jr. - about 1874
Leona - about 1876
Sarah A. - about January 1880
Lizzie B. - April 1883
Ellen - September 1884
Edward Swanson - 5/15/1888
William Bedford Durham, Sr's parents were Robert (born July 1819)and Elizabeth Riggs Durham (born January 1821.) I'm still searching for Mary Jane Todd's parents.
Alice

Mrs_Tommie (View posts)
Posted: 9 Feb 2009 2:46PM GMT
Hello,
William Bedford and Mary Todd are also my 2nd great-grandparents. :-) The only difference I see between your list and mine are Arthur and Lillie Mae. My uncle, Moron, got information on him. Arthur died as a child and would not have shown up in the census records. Lillie Mae is listed in the 1900 census as a daughter of William Bedford. There's a gap between her and Eddie/Edward. That makes me wonder about her. Do you have these two children in a different family? Is there something else I'm missing?

Oh, have you heard anything about Mary Todd being Native American? I've heard that several times now. My grandfather was the first to tell me. Then a elderly cousin said she was told by Mary Todd herself. James Durham of Michie, TN shared that her mother's name was Rachel. I've not worked on this family in a while.

Alice Perry (View posts)
Posted: 14 Feb 2009 10:08AM GMT
Hi Tommie,
Sorry for taking so long to get back to you.
Lillie Mae is probably the daughter of William Bedford Durham, Jr. He would have been 20 years old when she was born.
I've seen Moron's name before, but know nothing of him. Never heard of Arthur.
Yes, I've heard that Mary Jane Todd is Cherokee. The story has been handed down also that she came across on the Trail of Tears, but it happened in the autumn of 1838 and through the winter to April of 1839. She was born in 1851. But she could still be Cherokee.
I've found a Mary Jane Todd, age 9, living with Pleasant (born 1791) and Charity (born 1789) Todd in the 1860 census. She would be at the right age, but they are too old to be her parents.
Anyway, I've hit a brick wall with her info. Also, can't find anything on Rachel Todd.
A site that lists all of Robert and Elizabeth Riggs Durham's children is: "The Durham Family Home Page" on Genealogy.com It was researched by Terri Stone. They are the parents of William Bedford Durham, Sr.
I hope this helps with Lillie Mae.
If you want to, you can contact me at: nannypoo_@msn.com
........ alice

thewarringtons1 (View posts)
Posted: 17 Mar 2009 1:13AM GMT
Surnames: Durham
I am not a Durham but I know a few of them. I live in Hardin Co, TN. If you are interested in the info on them, let me know. I"m trying to search for ancestory myself.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions