Search for content in message boards

Isadora Cook

Isadora Cook

cdp00le (View posts)
Posted: 7 Oct 2011 7:39PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 24 Feb 2012 5:29AM GMT
Surnames: cook, wilson
I am still looking for information on my 2ggrandmother,Isadora Cook. She was born in 1835 in Alabama and married Robert Wilson(1831-1908) on 18 Feb 1855 in Morgan County, Ala. They had 7 children and she may have died after the 7th child was born in 1876. She is my brick wall and any info would be greatly appreciated.
Charlene Wilson Poole

Re: Isadora Cook

saint17261 (View posts)
Posted: 1 Dec 2012 8:39PM GMT
Robert Wilson was my ggrand Uncle. He was born in 1831 in Morgan County Al. to Annie Wilson. I have just added his name to Lipscomb Cem., Lacys Spring, Al. & will soon have a pic of his tombstone on there. The only Isadora Wilson I have been able to find on findagrave.com is at Union Grove Cem. Union Grove, Morgan Co., Al. I have just started to try to research that branch of the fam. Robert's sister, Charlotte, married Henry Bascom Brooks. They are buried close to Robert & his mother Annie in Lipscomb Cem. You can go to findagrave.com to view their stones. It is a free site. I hope this may be of some help to you.

saint17261 (View posts)
Posted: 1 Dec 2012 8:56PM GMT
I just left you a message about Isadora & went back & looked at my records so far on her There is a copy of her marriage to Robert Wilson & it has her name as Isadora Cook. I don't know where the census got the Smoot name, but according to the marriage cert. the name was Cook. I saw another message to you that her name was really Smoot so I wanted to check my tree saint17261 for a look at the marriage record.

Hope this helps

Peg

cdp00le (View posts)
Posted: 2 Dec 2012 5:54PM GMT
Do you have any idea who Anns parents were? I have xplored the Smoot connection and came up empty. I moved recently and still don't have my paper trail unpacked. Will be planning a trip to Ala. this spring with my sister in hopes of coming up with new clues. My brother and cousin made a trip and was told that Anns husband had killed a man and had to leave the area, but I haven't been able to comform that. Do know in the 1850 census the family was going by the last name of Farris. Haven't been able to find out where that name came from. Thought it might have been Anns maiden name but came up empty. If you have any thoughts let me know.
Thanks
Charlene Wilson Poole

saint17261 (View posts)
Posted: 2 Dec 2012 6:51PM GMT
I came up empty with the name Farris also. Wondered about maiden name, too. Was told by a cousin that Ann was married to a Farris for a while, but I don't know. The Smoot name is a mystery, too. Because Cook is the name on Isadora's marriage cert. My sister & I went to the cems. yesterday & found a lot of the graves. Which of the Wilson children are you decended from? Mine is Charlotte who married Henry Bascom (HB) Brooks. If Annie remarried, her first husband must have been dead? Am hoping to get to Huntsville Library, maybe can learn more there. I did find a Robert Wilson born in Huntsville around 1800 wondered if this could have been Annie's husband. If Annie was married to a Farris, her last child should have been a Farris, but he is listed as Wilson,

cdp00le (View posts)
Posted: 2 Dec 2012 7:42PM GMT
Robert Wilson is my 2ggrandfather.I live in Madisonville,La. Just moved here from Keller, Texas. My father is Raymond Wade Wilson(1917-2004) son of Raymond
John Wilson(1896-1986) son of Edward D Wilson(1866-1945)
son of Robert Wilson (1831-1908).

saint17261 (View posts)
Posted: 2 Dec 2012 9:10PM GMT
I made a piccture of Robert's tombstone, & will try to get it on line as soon as possible. I am not good at this, so sometimes it takes me a while. I did get his name & dates added to findagrave.com. There are several graves with just small unmarked rocks around his & his mother's stones. A cousin said there was some kind of todo about one of them wanting to buried next to his first wife & his second wife not wanting this. She didn't know which one. Which of your ancestors moved to Texas? I know that one of Cullen's sons moved there. It continually amazes me how much they traveled back then.

cdp00le (View posts)
Posted: 2 Dec 2012 10:14PM GMT
My greatgrandfather Edward(Bud) Wilson came to the Corsicana area and I believe the other Wilsons came at the same time. My dad was born in 1917 and his mother is from Mart, Texas. My grandfather was born in Ala.
Will let yall know when we have our trip put together. I have 2 brothers and 2 sisters and would love for all of us to make the trip together and meet new family. Like you I love meeting family.

saint17261 (View posts)
Posted: 3 Dec 2012 2:20AM GMT
I looked up your pages & found that you have a lot more pics & documentation than I do. I hope you don't mind if I use it. You are welcome to any of my info. that you can use.

Peg.

cdp00le (View posts)
Posted: 3 Dec 2012 4:19AM GMT
Feel free to use anything that will help you.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions