Search for content in message boards

Jacques LeBlanc 1722, help needed

Jacques LeBlanc 1722, help needed

Barbara Matthews (View posts)
Posted: 2 Mar 2005 8:56PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: LeBlanc, Brazeau, Sarreau, Chevrier
Jacques LeBlanc b. 1722, parents unknown. Married Catherine. Here is the problem. Some believe her name was Catherine Deux Ponts. Apparently she came from the Deux Ponts area of France or Germany. My question... Could the name Deux Ponts be a dit name? as in Catherine from Deux Ponts, last name unknown. I have the genealogy down from them, but I am stuck here. There is also a story that the LeBlanc name was adopted by a Moise (Moyse) Ilderbrand (Hilderbrand) approx 6-7 gen back. If I wasn't addicted to this, I would give it up. Thanks for any help

Re: Jacques LeBlanc 1722, help needed

Lowell (View posts)
Posted: 3 Mar 2005 12:30PM GMT
who do you have as kids? Lowell
secondenation.com

Barbara Matthews (View posts)
Posted: 3 Mar 2005 4:04PM GMT
Surnames: Leblanc, Brazeau, Sarreau, Chevrier, Huneault
I only have the one child so far:

Pierre b. 1748 Quebec m/ Marie Archange Demers on 21 Aug 1769 in Montreal Canada (dau of J B Demers and Marie Anne Lauzon)

They have 14 children that I know of their son:
Pierre Amable b. 17 Sep 1782, m 1st Genevieve Neveau (dau of Jacques and M. Francoise Messaquier dit Laplaine) m 2nd Eugenie Beaulne on 22nov 1802 in Point Claire, (dau of Antoine and Madeleine LaRoque/Larocquebrune)

Jacques and Eugenie, son Alexis, b 1806 m Marie Demers

I have one child for them, Charles(Evariste) m Emelie Sarreau (Sarrault)

Their son Charles m Helene Huneault

Their son Gaspard m Florette Marie Marguerite Sabourin (dau of Palma and Marguerite Lacombe)

Their son : Joseph PIerre Henri m/ Elizabeth Isabella Forsythe in Hawkesbury, Ont.

The problem is with Jacques and Catherine. 1722 isn't that long ago that he should end with a dead end. Maybe something else isn't quite right. Maybe she was a 2nd wife, who knows. thanks for taking the time to answer.

thier son

PaulLeblanc15 (View posts)
Posted: 4 Mar 2005 3:29PM GMT
I checked Stephen A. White's DGFA and could not find a Jacques b abt 1722 not married to someone else. This implies that his parents started a family after 1713 (or possibly ? it is a much later second marriage.)

dgfim22 (View posts)
Posted: 5 Mar 2005 12:55AM GMT
Edited: 24 Nov 2006 1:01AM GMT
Your LeBlanc ancestor is probably NOT an Acadian descendant at all as there was also a couple of Quebecois Leblanc families besides. As for Catherine, I'd look under "DUPONT" rather than Deux Ponts, the first is probably more correct. If you have children in the Pointe-Claire area, then the parents must be located somewhere in the vicinity of Montreal. I would try posting your question with the Quebec Research List serve, as they have good luck finding answers to such questions as yours. But use the info I just gave you to post your question. It come with 30+ years of Canadian & Acadian research experience behind it. Good Luck, Dennis

Maurice A. LeBlanc (View posts)
Posted: 6 Mar 2005 1:39AM GMT
Edited: 22 Aug 2005 5:33PM GMT
Surnames: LeBlanc, Rouleau
Hi Barbara,

I'll have to wait till next week to check the PRDH CD, but if I'm right, the only Pierre born in 1748 to a Jacques was Pierre-Jacques bap 30-06-1748, father Jacques bap 1704, mother Marie-Josephe Rouleau. (Ref Tanguay Vol 5, p 225).

What is your source for Catherine?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions