Search for content in message boards

Andrew Jackson White 1810-1871NC-LA s/o John White and Rebecca?

Andrew Jackson White 1810-1871NC-LA s/o John White and Rebecca?

amom451 (View posts)
Posted: 10 Sep 2002 6:33AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 12 Feb 2003 3:32PM GMT
Surnames: White,?, Rochell, Farmer, James, Baum and Mason
I have just started on my mother in law's family. I was loaned a lot of information from family Bibles and census Her Great grandfather was Andrew White b 1810 d. 1871 1st wife Lucretia Rochell [16 children] & 2nd wife Cythia Farmer James 1825-1875 1 son -Marion Adkerson White] A sister of her's has hand written all of this families genealoy history. I need to find some of you kin to this to work with. I think I know what she has written and she has added notes about Civil War something about being cousins'to Andrew Jackson. Her hand writting is very hard to read. She has copied a book about the first 16 children. I have some letters from cousin in LA. I have sons, daughters wives husbands dates of births, marriages and deaths. She has in in order. I need a similar family information to know who belongs to who. This is a family from NC to Tn to LA to TX. Winnie Irene White Baum was b. 1903 in Cross Plains TX. Her father was born to the second wife. The first wife and Marion had a very large family in LA. I have known White families in Johnson CO TX who look like and act like this family. I will try to put this family on the internet for others if there isn;t any information. This is a huge family. AM

Re: Andrew Jackson White 1810-1871NC-LA s/o John White and Rebecca?

Janey Cooper (View posts)
Posted: 29 Aug 2006 12:54AM GMT
Surnames: White, Dorsett, Rochelle
You state your mother in law's great grandfather was Andrew Jackson White b. 1810 d. 1871 m. first to Lucretia Rochelle. This is also my line and I also got a lot of handwritten research done by a cousin. Then I found a lot of info in books about this clan. My line is descended from Andrew's son Josephus White b. 1845 in Beinville Parish, Louisiana, d. 1940 in Oklahoma. I have info prior to John White and wife Rebecca Dorsett. His father was Moses White b. 1726 Lancaster Co. PA. His father was Moses White b. 1700 in Ireland. His father was Hugh White b. 1671 in Ireland. His father was Adam White b. 1627 in Scotland. If you don't have all this or want more details, please contact me. 4 years have gone by since you wrote this though, so you probably got all this?
Janey Cooper in California

SLOANMASON99 (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jul 2007 1:43AM GMT
Surnames: ROCHELLE/WHITE
I woul dlove to share any info. on this line. I descend from the ROCHELLE line and have a large amount of info. on Lucretia's family.
I will be glad to share with you. Please e-mail me at
slomas7@comcast.net
thanks.
Sloan

rogerconnertn (View posts)
Posted: 13 Dec 2011 5:59AM GMT
Surnames: White
Dear friend--I am very eager to get information from you about Adam White, Hugh and Moses. The information on ancestry.com about this family is wildly flawed. if you look at Adam White on my tree you will find a three-page essay. Basically, many of the trees assume mothers and fathers who are as young as twelve and as old as 77. it's crazy. I'd love to look at your tree if you ahve this sorted out!

nancyberont (View posts)
Posted: 13 Dec 2011 4:18PM GMT
Surnames: White
I agree you have to be careful importing from other people's trees. one problem is Andrew Jackson was a popular name, I have 2 Andrew Jackson Whites from NC in my line, and neither of them are related to the line discussed here. you have to look and compare carefully before you import data from someone else to be sure it is your ancestor. good hunting!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions