Search for content in message boards

Smith family in Cayuga County

Smith family in Cayuga County

mncatlover (View posts)
Posted: 18 Mar 2010 11:13PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 21 Mar 2010 5:51PM GMT
Surnames: Smith Allnutt Norris
I am dong some family research with my mother, and we are trying to find and connect with family members in Cato or Port Charles in Cayuga, County New York.

My great-grandmother is Harriet Allnutt Smith. She married William Smith in 1904 and had two children, Genevieve and Norris. Genevieve is my grandmother who was born in 1906. Norris, I believe was born in 1907. My mother remembers that my grandmother lived on a farm and visiting her uncle. She does know that her Uncle Norris, married and had many children (she thinks 12). If you know anything, please let me know. Thank you

Re: Smith family in Cayuga County

kathydon217 (View posts)
Posted: 19 Mar 2010 3:03AM GMT
Check this site www.fultonhistory.com search in quotes "Norris Smith" There are quite a few articles about him but you need to see which refer to your Norris.

Hit #34 obit for Norris

Check the Lyons-Red Creek-Cato-Fair Haven papers. I think this is the right Norris.

Harriett Allnutt's parents were William and Elizabeth Allnutt. Elizabeth died in 1917 and William in 1944 Both were born in England.

Search "William Allnutt"

Kathy

mncatlover (View posts)
Posted: 20 Mar 2010 6:37PM GMT
Thank you for the information. This is the correct family connection for us. Are you related to this family as well?

Victoriah7 (View posts)
Posted: 17 May 2011 12:13AM GMT
I am looking for Eliza Smith who probably died before 1850. She is listed as the mother of Spencer Flansburgh b. 1832 in NY. She married Adam Flansburgh who was born about 1780 in NY. Does anyone have her listed in their Smith family history? I suspect she was born around 1790 or 1800 but not sure. They lived in Cato/Meridian area of Cayuga County. Thanks.

MaryWiese34 (View posts)
Posted: 31 Dec 2011 2:50PM GMT
For what's its worth, you can eliminate Sydney Smith and his wife Theoda (Knapp) Smith as a connection to your Eliza Smith. Sydney Smith, born 21 Feb 1837, was one of 3 children born to John and Charlotte (Mason) Smith who both immigrated from England in 1824. Their other children were John and Louisa Smith and all lived first in Orleans County New York and then in the 1840's in Buffalo. Sydney and his brother John then moved to Freeport Illinois; Louisa married Alexander Fielder and moved to Brooklyn New York where she died before 1870. Sydney and his wife Theoda moved to Cayuga County New York, where Theoda's family had lived early on, sometime after 1880 and are both buried in the Union cemetery in Cayuga County - which is the connection to Cayuga County. I'm looking for Sydney Smith's descendants and would like any info anybody has. I'm descended from his brother John F Smith.

Lorrie Stang (View posts)
Posted: 3 Aug 2013 5:40PM GMT
my Grandfather was Norris Smith, my Mother one of 12 children born to him. i am also trying to learn more about my family and of other family connections

Elj_Elias (View posts)
Posted: 25 Sep 2013 7:55PM GMT
Edited: 26 Sep 2013 11:49AM GMT
Norris Smith was my great grandfather, my grandfather was his son George. I've been trying to find out more information about my great great great grandfather, Norris's grandfather, George Smith, and his wife Ann(e/a) Turney/Tierney. I found a lot of information on fultonhistory.com about Norris's family, and a little about his father William, but that is because I already know a bit about them. It's hard to tell if I am on the right track with George and Ann(e/a.) Lorrie Stang, if you want to share information, please message me, I'd be more then happy to tell you what I know about the Smiths.

Posted: 16 Oct 2013 5:20PM GMT
I am also doing research on my Family Tree, and My grandfather was Norris Smith, married to Dorothy, from Cayuga County, New York.

Posted: 16 Oct 2013 5:51PM GMT
I would love to have more info on the Smiths, My grandfather was Norris and was married to Dorothy, had many children including my mom Shirley, and one of her brothers was named George. I am still learning how to do the research on here, so any help would be greatly appreciated. You might even be one of my cousins children, my second cousin.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions