Search for content in message boards

Butler/Fortenberry

Butler/Fortenberry

Jessie Strasky (View posts)
Posted: 2 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Butler, Fortenberry
William Butler born in Georgia, on the 1850 Nacogdoches County Census. In 1880 was in Milam County, Texas. Wife Rebecca Fortenbery. Their children:Samuel, Jane, Martha, Andrew, Lavinia, Emma, Emily (my link), Charles, Margaret, and Josepy. Can anyone help shed any light on this family?

Andrew Richard Butler

Annette Ward (View posts)
Posted: 5 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: CORBIN, BUTLER, PONDER, TAPP, WILHITE
I am interested in your Andrew BUTLER. I have info on Andrew Richard BUTLER, first wife- Maude Clinnard, second wife- Ida Virginia PONDER TAPP BUTLER.
They lived around the Cameron/Gause area. Andrew Richard Butler is buried at the Rice Cemetery in Milam Co, TX.

Butler, Andrew Richard

Rfuller451 (View posts)
Posted: 9 Oct 2001 2:16PM GMT
Edited: 28 Mar 2002 6:04PM GMT
Surnames: Butler
Your Query is several years old now but it is new to me so I'll send the answer anyway. Andrew Richard Butler was my grandfather, he lived and died in Milam county I do not know the year he was born probably about 1875 he died in 1951 and is buried in the Rice cemetery (I think) he was married to(and divorced from) Maude Clinard, Butler, Giesbers. I would love to know what year he was born.

Butler, Andrew Richard

Posted: 10 Oct 2001 12:35AM GMT
Edited: 15 Oct 2001 2:38PM GMT
Surnames: Butler, Ponder, Tapp
Glad to hear from you. I have a very old fragile book entitled "Dr. Chase's Receipes"- it appears to have been something like an old medical book. Within this book someone from way back when has recorded births, marriages etc.. the handwriting is in pencil and is very old. Here is the following that has been recorded in the book.
Andrew Butler was borned September 6, 1880
Maude Butler was borned August the 19 1882
Gertie Butler was borned December 31, 1902
Herbert Butler was b August 31, 1904
Ruby Butler was borned March the 24, 1908
J.T. Butler was borned January the 24, 1910
Jae Lowell Butler was borned June the 26, 1912
Barner Earl was born March 18, 1920
A.R. Butler and M.M. Clinard was married August 8, 1899
Gertie Butler and Willis Tracy were married July 4, 1919
A.J. Butler and Sallie Strahan married August 10, 1875
Sallie Butler died Sept 24, 1924
A.J. Butler died Nove 26, 1932
A.J. Butler born June 5, 1854
Sallie Butler born Sept 9, 1854
William D. Butler born June 6, 1876
John M. Butler born May 3, 1878
Andrew R. Butler born Sept 6, 1880
Nancy E. Butler born Jan 7, 1883
Sarah L. Butler born Oct 20, 1885
Thomas E. Butler born Jan 28, 1889
Louie C. Butler born Aug 10, 1892

Please e-mail me at rasaw@netusa1.net and send me your mailing address...I also have pictures from this Butler family that need to be identified. Off the top of my head I remember there is one picture of a baby taken ca 1900-1920 and all it says on the back is "To papa from Herbert". I have a shoe box of pictures and over half of them need to be identified. When did A.R. Butler and Maude divorce? Can you up date me on any of their descendents?

Butler, Andrew Richard

jwillif7971 (View posts)
Posted: 11 Oct 2001 2:43AM GMT
Edited: 16 Apr 2002 11:44PM GMT
I am in search of this family also, Clinard family i am also in search for, you are correct Andrew Richard is buried in rice cemetery. Also, according to the death index he died in milam co, in 1951

Butler, Andrew Richard

Posted: 11 Oct 2001 4:32AM GMT
Edited: 15 Oct 2001 2:40PM GMT
I visited the Rice Cemetery in Milam Co back in 1985 and took pictures of the headstones. While there, I did confirm that Andrew R. Butler is buried there.

The only thing that I have on Maude Clinnard was what I had posted on the earlier message...ie b: Aug 19, 1882, married: August 8,1899 to Andrew R. Butler. The earlier posting where I had listed what was recorded in Dr. Chase's Receipes; I think the Jae Lowell Butler b: June 26, 1912 is actually JOE Lowell Butler...the handwriting is old and the "o" kinda looks like an "a" at first glance.

Again, anyone searching this Butler family, if you would send me your snail mail address...I have a shoe box of old pictures that I think connect to this family and the pictures need to be identified. Send your address to me at: rasaw@netusa1.net
The "1" in the e-mail address is the number one.

Butler, Andrew Richard

Rfuller451 (View posts)
Posted: 12 Oct 2001 5:07PM GMT
Edited: 28 Mar 2002 6:04PM GMT
Annette, thanks to you and Jeannie Williford I have been able to trace my family as follows: My parents JT Butler & Mae Ford, his parents Andrew R Butler & Maude Clinard, his parents Andrew Jackson Butler & Sallie Strahan, his parents William Butler & Rebecca Fortenberry If anyone can go back further please email me at rfuller451@ev1.net. Thanks again

Butler, Andrew Richard

Cindy (View posts)
Posted: 13 Oct 2001 2:10PM GMT
Edited: 15 Oct 2001 2:43PM GMT
Surnames: Bulter
I would like to know some information about Andrew Richard Butler's second wife. I did not know he was married a second time. Any information you could give me would be great.

Butler, Andrew Richard

Posted: 14 Oct 2001 4:12AM GMT
Edited: 17 Oct 2001 3:06PM GMT
Second wife of Andrew R. Butler was Ida Virginia (Ponder) Gunn Tapp, b: 1893 in AL, daughter of George Columbus Ponder and Louvinia W. Simpson. Ida Virginia was married first to a B.F. GUNN, second to David Vawaters TAPP (my grandfather) and third to Andrew R. Butler.

How are you related?

Butler, Andrew Richard

Cindy (View posts)
Posted: 15 Oct 2001 8:26PM GMT
Edited: 17 Oct 2001 3:06PM GMT
I am Ruby Fuller's neice. My greatgrandmother (Florence Mae Ford) was married to his son J.T. Butler. Did Ida and Andrew have any children?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions