Search for content in message boards

BAITS, BATES, BOONE, BRANDON, BROWN, FAIRCHILD, FROST, GADDIS, GARWOOD, GIBSON, GOFF, HAWKINS, LOCKE, NEAL, PHIFER, ROBERTSON, VAN CLEAVE

BAITS, BATES, BOONE, BRANDON, BROWN, FAIRCHILD, FROST, GADDIS, GARWOOD, GIBSON, GOFF, HAWKINS, LOCKE, NEAL, PHIFER, ROBERTSON, VAN CLEAVE

Linda Medley (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jan 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: BAITS, BATES, BOONE, BRANDON, BROWN, FAIRCHILD, FROST, GADDIS, GARWOOD, GIBSON, GOFF, HAWKINS, LOCKE, NEAL, PHIFER, ROBERTSON, VAN CLEAVE
surname registration onlyame registration only

FROST

acoll2013 (View posts)
Posted: 18 Nov 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 8 Apr 2002 4:06PM GMT
Surnames: FROST

Have some info on FROST from Rowan County. Let's compare notes. This is peripheral line for me. It is linked to the surname WOODWARD. My GGGF WOODWARD's oldest son marrier two FROST sisters. Their father was Daniel Boone FROST.

David Boone

Brian F. Mitchell (View posts)
Posted: 17 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Boone

Is there a David Boone in Rowan CO.
Born around 1920. Decendant of Geroge, younger brother of Daniel.

Stephen Carroll b1787 of RowanC,NC

crossborn (View posts)
Posted: 22 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 2 Feb 2002 5:51PM GMT
Surnames: CARROLL, LOCKE
Stephen Carroll b 1787 in Wickes Co, GA. d 1846 Lawrence Co, TN,father Charles Carroll. Md Anne Locke, b 1792 Rowan Co, NC, d 1866 Lawrence Co, TN, par Francis Locke and Blanche Rutherford. They were supposed to have been md 1810 Rutherford Co, TN. Ch: Charles, Francis L. L., Stephen Alexander, William, Newton Addison, Margaret Blanche, Asa, Mary, James, Anne, Matthew L., and John. Source: "Descendants of Stephen Carroll and Anne Locke"; 1830, 1850 Lawrence Co TN census; Archive Files LDS FHC. Any help appreciated, willing to exchange informaion.

francis locke

george pinkston (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
i was informed by my aunt mary jo (pinkston) butler that francis locke of rowan co. nc was a distant relative......do you have info of that fact towards the pinkston name.my grandfather was george washington pinkston who married mary e colvin and her parents were mary jane colvin and andrew harrison colvin . my grand parents lived in kentucky. are we related? thank you for any help.

Francis Locke

eoakes (View posts)
Posted: 15 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 5 Jul 2001 2:27AM GMT
Surnames: Locke
You may have two different Francis Lockes. General Matthew Locke and Col. Francis Locke were brothers who served in the Revolutionary War. They married sisters (and their stepsisters!), Mary and Anne Brandon. Matthew Locke had a son, Francis, who married Blanche Rutherford and moved to Tennessee.

francis locke

George Pinkston (View posts)
Posted: 16 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Since I last posted my message, I have found that my g/father was George Wetmore...son of Thomas...son of Aaron. Aaron Pinkston was married to Esther Locke who was daughter of Matthew Locke and niece of Francis Locke.......this is my info, does this sound familiar? Any other bits of information you might have is appreciated......might we be related? Thanks George S Pinkston

Locke

George Pinkston (View posts)
Posted: 17 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
I have been told that Aaron Pinkston Married Esther Locke in 1808 and they had twin sons that same year, Matthew and Thomas. I believe Thomas was my g/g grandfather who married for the 2nd time to Elizabeth Parks in 1859 and were the parents of my g-grandfather George Wetmore Pinkston

Francis Locke

eoakes (View posts)
Posted: 17 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Locke
Matthew and Francis Locke arrived in Rowan Co about 1750, along with their step-father, John Brandon and others. Matthew was a General in the Revolutionary War, Francis a Col. Matthew had 13 children including sons named Frances and Matthew Jr (he did not have a daughter named Esther). His son, Francis (b 1754), married Blanche Rutherford and went to Tennessee (along with other family members) and that is where his children were born, including a son named Matthew. Matthew Jr (b 1771) married Margaret Pfifer (son, John, did not marry) and after her death, Elizabeth Crawford (son David C. did not marry, and daughter Mary, married William Chunn -- missing page in my copy so I do not know if there were others). Gen Locke had other sons and most of them probably named their sons Matthew or Francis, so when you reach the third generation you have more possibiliies.
I do not have a list of children of Col Francis Locke, though a Judge Francis Locke (1766-1823) is buried next to him and I am sure there were more.
My information is from a cousin who made photo-copies of books in the DAR Library in Washington, DC. There is more information at the Rowan County NC Public Library in Salisbury.
Do you know approximate dates for your Locke ancestor?

Locke/Pinkston marriage

eoakes (View posts)
Posted: 18 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Locke, Pinkston
I went to the local geneology society office today and they have three books (mostly duplicate) listing Rowan County Marriages between the 1750's and 1860's, approximately.
Easter (sic) Lock and Aaron Pinkston were married 1/12/1808 as shown on reel #22, page #877.
Looking at other Lock/Locke marriages, there was a Matthew Lock who married Ann Lock on 1/20/1784, and a Matt Locke who married Nancy Brandon 11/16/1791.
I'm not sure if either of these helps (and the list is not complete so there could be others), and without a list of the children of the Locke sons it is hard to tell. There was apparently a third brother besides General Matthew and Col Francis Locke, George, who lived in Iredell county which is close enough for one of his sons to marry in Rowan Co, as well.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions