Search for content in message boards

Robert Miller Meek

Robert Miller Meek

stevejames36 (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jun 2009 3:44AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Meek
I am looking for information on Robert Miller Meek, born about 1846. His second wife was Melvina Hopper. They were in Hardin Co. Tn in the 1900 census. I would like to know who his parents and siblings were and when he died. I believe he died before 1910. Thank you, Ann Meeks James

Re: Robert Miller Meek

Joyce1812va1 (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jul 2009 12:49PM GMT
Your Robert Meek was the last child born to John Meek and Mary Finely

John Meek was bonr 1815-York, Sc,, and died in MCNairy, TN date u/k
Mary Finely b. 1818-McNairy Tn.. death u/k

children of this marriage:
William..1837
Thomas 1838
Mar 1841
Martha 1843
John J. 1845
robert 1847

Posted: 20 Jul 2009 2:20AM GMT
Thank you so much for the information on Robert Miller Meek.If you have any further information on the Meek family please let me know. Robert Miller Meek had a son who was also named John Meek. John V. Meek was my grandfather.Thanks again, Ann Meeks James

Lonpurk (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jul 2009 3:13AM GMT
The census shows a John Jr. 1845 is this your grandfather?
Or was this John jr your grandfather's father?

Need a date and more info on your grandfather, especially what the V stood for.
any other info. on your grandfather is helpful... names/dates/location/family members.

Posted: 21 Jul 2009 3:30AM GMT
My grandfather was John V. Meek. I do not know what the V was for. He was born Jan. 21, 1876. His father was Robert Miller Meek and his mother was Sarah Elizabeth Smith( I believe she was called Bettie) She was the daughter of Etheldread Smith of Henderson County Tn. She died June 10, 1879. MY grandfather John V. Meek married Arbie Hanna Dec 23, 1901 in Henderson County Tn. Robert Miller Meek married Melvina Hopper the second time and they had several children according to the 1900 census in Hardin County Tn.I did not know who Robert M. Meek's parent were until I got your information.If John Meek and Mary Finely are his parents, this will help me alot. Thanks again, Ann James

Lonpurk (View posts)
Posted: 21 Jul 2009 12:12PM GMT
John married the same wife twice? This is interesting.

if I can help further, please contact me

Joyce1812va@yahoo.com

Posted: 21 Jul 2009 9:20PM GMT
I think there must be some confusion. To my knowledge John Meek, my grandfather, did not marry the same woman twice.My research has been mainly on his father Robert Miller Meek.Sorry about the confusion. Ann Meek James

TammyLLee03 (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jun 2010 1:35PM GMT
Surnames: Meek
Hello,
I am trying for find some information on my Grandmothers family. My grandmother Ruth Evelyn Lawson Coley was daughter to Tillie Meek Lawson. Tillie had a twin Millie. Her parents were Robert Miller Meek and Melvina Hopper Meek. I think they were from Sardis, TN. I do not have any dates. I am working on those. If this is the same i would love to get any information you have! Thank you

Tammy Lee

Posted: 18 Jul 2010 1:58AM GMT
Robert Miller Meek was my great grandfather. His first marriage was to Sarah Elizabeth Smith of Henderson Co Tn. They had two sons Robert Lee Meek and John V. Meek. John was my grandfather. Robert Miller Meek married Melvina Hopper after Sarah died. Robert Miller and Melvina had nine children. The youngest were twins, "Millie and Tillie". Tillie's name was Elizabeth Ann Meek. Most of my research has been on Miller and Sarah's two sons. I have recently contacted Ollie Meek's granddaughter.Ollie was Tillie's sister. Ollie's granddaughter has information and pictures of Miller's and Melvina's children. If you will email me I will give you her email address.My email address is stevejames10@hughes.net. If you have more information about MIller Meek or John V. Meek please let me know. Ann James
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions