Search for content in message boards

Bird Doublehead-Cherokee Nation

Bird Doublehead-Cherokee Nation

millie mason (View posts)
Posted: 24 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Mason, Hall, Green
I am searching for information on James Lee Mason who married Louisa Hall. He was suppose to be full Cherokee and she was half. We think he was Bird Doublehead and had a son who was also Bird Doublehead.

Also looking for John Green and Rebecca Couch who were suppose to be Indian also.

Re: Bird Doublehead-Cherokee Nation

Richard A Green (View posts)
Posted: 4 Nov 2004 8:51PM GMT
Hi Millie. My mother was a Hall her grandmother was a Mason. My g-grandmother was Indian but I don't know from where in Canada she came from, I assume Quebec. I live in Vermont. Any connection. Thanks.Richard Green

mlissa1969 (View posts)
Posted: 12 Jan 2005 6:24PM GMT
Edited: 15 Jan 2012 4:40AM GMT
Surnames: mason hall doublehead
millie is my cousins wife i just read your reply to her post she is talking about my great great grandmother and great grandfather and great great grandfather

my great great grandfather went by several alias
james lee mason also lee mason and james madison albert jackson levy mason is suppose to be his full name
we dont have much to go on as far
as james wife goes she was a hall
louisa or louella elizabeth hall
on william allen mason death certificate his parents are listed as lee mason and miss hall strange huh

It is said he was from the tribe of Double head or Double head was chief of his tribe. James was an Indian guide during the Civil War and died of a fever after the battle of Shiloh. The fever was a result of a case of the measles. We are told he was buried somewhere north of Corinth, Mississippi. It has passed down through the family that his name was really James Madison Albert Jackson Levi Roy Mason and that he went by James Lee Mason. All the above information has been passed down though the family by Daney Mason, Everett Mason, Kathleen Putman, and Ruthie Putman. [All grandchildren of James and Elizabeth] Some of the information was taken from on old family bible of William Allen Mason's. (everett is my grandad) my father has william allens bible james mason and louisa or louella hall

i swear it is like both james and louisa or louella ? hall
appeared out of no where

but we have been told that he was bird doublehead and changed his name to protect his family and people

i have wonder about a chief that is from canada
his name was white cloud but changed to james mason
or lee mason

thanks melissa mason brown
please contact me at mlissa2121aol.com

John Green + Rebecca Couch of Rogersville AL

bcreek1226 (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jan 2012 11:01PM GMT
Edited: 15 Jan 2012 4:42AM GMT
Surnames: Green, Couch
John Green and Rebecca Couch were my great grandparets. Would you please share any information you have on them. They are burried in Ingram Cemetery in Rogersville, AL.

Chris_Mason49 (View posts)
Posted: 15 Mar 2013 6:57AM GMT
Surnames: doublehead
Hello sister
I need to tell you something that granddad told me when I was two years old .and that we are double heads family he should me were he lived and a lot of other things one of our couisons have confirmed papers that when john mason was locked up he used his real name and his Indian name john double head
Love you
Chris mason

KathyRoberts54 (View posts)
Posted: 15 Mar 2013 3:54PM GMT
Chris

The DOUBLEHEAD family are very well documented through Cherokee Records.

Could you elaborate on who this John MASON was ?
When was he born ? Where did he reside ?
Where was he locked up ? Why ?

Kathy Roberts
VA

Posted: 15 Mar 2013 3:54PM GMT
This post was deleted by the author on 18 Mar 2013 7:32AM GMT

Posted: 15 Mar 2013 4:41PM GMT
Surnames: doublehead
I don.t have his birth or death.him and my great grandfather and one of the other brothers went in a club across the pan handle of Texas across the bridge into Oklahoma they starting playing cards and the other brother got into a fight the other guy was cutting him up real bad that is when my great grandad bird double head and john mason/double head jump up and cut the guys head off and then they ran which they went back and had the family to hide them out because the possee. Was after then. John went to court over it and they had a murder charge on him they didn't like him because he ran with one off with or couison jessee james.

Posted: 15 Mar 2013 4:56PM GMT
Surnames: chris mason
I notice you are looking up halls my great great grandmother is a hall. Eliza Elizabeth hall

Posted: 15 Mar 2013 6:34PM GMT
Edited: 15 Mar 2013 6:37PM GMT
Chris

After looking at some of your other messages, it does appear that you have a rather muddled up family history.
As there is so much erroneous and spurious information on the Internet these days, that's hardly surprising !
(That includes information contained in a couple of earlier posts in this thread)

Have you done any actual genealogical research on your family ?
That's starting with yourself, and working backwards, parents, grandparents, great grandparents and so on, documenting each generation.
If you have any factual information on your ancestors, then do post it.
Is there a connection to Alabama in your family's history ?

Kathy Roberts
VA

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions