Search for content in message boards

WOODARDS (AFRICAN AMERICAN)

WOODARDS (AFRICAN AMERICAN)

BERTA R. JACKSON (View posts)
Posted: 15 May 2002 7:42AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: WOODARDS BRIGGS OLIVER TUCKER
I AM SEARCHING FOR ANY RELATIVES OF ROBERTA WOODARD BRIGGS WHO LIVED IN WICHITA FALLS, TEXAS. SHE HAD AT LEAST 10-13 SIBLINGS. ROSCOE, GERTRUDE, MATTIE IS ALL I REMEMBER. FAMILY TIES IN ATOKA, OK; LITTLE ROCK ARKANSAS; MEMPHIS TENNESSEE; WAXAHACHIE, TEXAS; AND MAYBE MISSISSIPPI. SHE WAS MY GREAT GRANDMOTHER. SHE HAD ONE DAUGHTER DORETHA HOOD, SHE HAD ONE DAUGHTER (MY MOTHER) BERYLE TUCKER OLIVER. ROBERTA DIED APRIL 23, 1988. SHE WAS MARRIED TO EARLIE BRIGGS. THANKS!

Re: WOODARDS (AFRICAN AMERICAN) Roscoe is my grandfather

sha_20877 (View posts)
Posted: 14 Oct 2002 7:52AM GMT
This message is for Bertha Jackson. You are looking for family members of Roberta. My grandfather is Roscoe Woodard who passed October 13, 1998. He was born in Atoka, OK and lived in Memphis, TN. He also had a sister name Roberta, Mattie, Gertrude, Lillie, there are more but I can't remeber them. I am trying to learn more about my family in remeberance of Roscoe on his death date. I hope that you can be of help to me and I will do all that I can do to help you.

Re: WOODARDS (AFRICAN AMERICAN)

DAVID JONATHAN WOODARD (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jul 2003 4:42AM GMT
Hi I'm David, son of Lonnie Edgar Woodard and Annie Mae battle of Wharton county (East Bernard, Texas). I am looking for any family connections.

cheria12 (View posts)
Posted: 21 Aug 2003 6:38PM GMT
I saw your posting. My last name is Woodards (with an "s"). I too am African American. Your posting caught my eye because my grandmother had a sister who married into the Hood family. She was named Annie Creft Hood. Annie was born in LA but moved to Arkansas. The Woodards that I know originated from either Riverton or Corey, LA and relocated to Clarks, LA. My grandfather's name was Neb Woodards and he married Carrie Creft. Does any of this sound familiar to you?

Cheryl Woodards

chapsisbe (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jun 2010 9:29PM GMT
I am Bea's daughter. Aunt Mattie was my fav aunt in Earle, AR. Aunt Lily, in Crawfordsville. Aunt Jo in Memphis, Uncle Roscoe all the kids, Cornell, Donnell, Lorine, Orine, Henry, Calvin, Romy,

donald065 (View posts)
Posted: 20 May 2013 2:02AM GMT
Hi. I am Toniabrown, your niece I believe. Those were my grandparents . I am the eldest daughter of Willie Otis, your brother. My sister and I(Tabitha) do not know our dad's family and I would like to.

donald065 (View posts)
Posted: 20 May 2013 2:02AM GMT
Hi. I am Toniabrown, your niece I believe. Those were my grandparents . I am the eldest daughter of Willie Otis, your brother. My sister and I(Tabitha) do not know our dad's family and I would like to.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions