Search for content in message boards

Wyatt's in Mo and KS

Wyatt's in Mo and KS

Dennis Wyatt (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jan 2001 10:36AM GMT
Trying to get information on my grandfather
Zedock,(?Zedox,Zadock?) Wyatt. b.abt 1874. He lived in
Hume, Bates Co, Missouri and married Minnie Catherine Miller.
They had Afton and Georgia there.They moved
to Mulberry, Crawford Co. Kansas, before 1902 and had
Lloyd (my father) and Thelma there. Looking for his parents.
Thanks for ANY help. Dennis

Zedock Wyatt

tee1cal1 (View posts)
Posted: 5 Mar 2001 6:47PM GMT
Edited: 15 Nov 2001 1:24AM GMT
Found this and thought you might be interested. Good Luck

Subject: William Wyatt Sr., et al

Posted by: Dori Wyatt Levy
Message: I have William Wyatt Sr. and Lettice Nicholls children as:
~Micajah b. 1731, d. 1774
~Frances b. 1734, d. aft 1767, m. Thomas Scott
~Henrietta b. 1737, m. William Aiken
~Edward b. 1738
~John b. 1740, d. 1807
~William Jr. b. 1741/42, d. 1815
~Elizabeth b. 1744, d. 1770
~Conquest, b. 1746, d. aft 1812m. Jane Redmond
~Elijah, b. 1750

For William Jr. & Frances Newton's children:
~Frances b. 1767, d. 1840, m. James Mattison
~Micajah b. 1770, d. 1826, m. Lina Wing
~Lettice b. 1771, d. abt 1835, m. Nimrod Smith
~Elijah b. 1774, d. 1858, m. Mary Grigsby Foster
~William b. 1776, m. Mary Martha Gaines
~Zadok b. 1778, m. Mary Cammack
~Elizabeth b. 1780, m. Noah English
~Nancy b. btwn 1782-87, m. Nimrod Smith

William Jr. was also married to Elizabeth Snoe. Their children:
~Talitha b. 1790, m. Henry Rosseau Payne
~Malinda b. 1793, m. William Dumington
~Mahala b. 1798, m. James Rosser
~Mary Frances b. 1798, m. John Wyatt
~Malissa b. 1801, m. John Rosser

Zadock Wyatt

Dennis (View posts)
Posted: 5 Mar 2001 8:26PM GMT
Teri, Thank you for the reply. I found Zadock and his father and grandfather since the original post, and am working my way back. I am getting close to the dates you listed and will check them out.
Dennis

Re: Wyatt's in Mo and KS

GayLeannHill (View posts)
Posted: 26 Aug 2002 5:06AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Wyatt, Graham, England
Hi Dennis,
My wife saw your message on the message board. Did I give you this information, or is this of any use to you?
Zedox Orvel Wyatt.- Father: James Layton Wyatt born 1 Jul 1844, Morgan Co., Illinois, mother AmandaFrancis Graham born 29 Sept 1852, Hickory CO., MO. We have a list of Zedox's brothers and Sisters. Also Census scources if you need them. We also have Amanda's Parents name and some of her siblings. (Need to be verified) E-mail us
Lyle Hill

imaceekcm (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jun 2008 8:25PM GMT
Surnames: Wyatt, Graham
Zedox Orvel Wyatt.- Father: James Layton Wyatt born 1 Jul 1844, Morgan Co., Illinois, mother AmandaFrancis Graham born 29 Sept 1852, Hickory CO., MO.

Looking for information on James Layton Wyatts Parents and Amand Franccis Graham

Judith_Dommergue (View posts)
Posted: 26 Aug 2008 4:18AM GMT
DENIS OUR FAMILY DID A DNA TEST TO FIND OUR WYATT PAST. WE CONNECTED TO SIR THOMAS WYATT.WWW.FAMILYTREEDNA.COM WILL PUT YOU IN TOUCH WITH YOUR LIVING DNA COUSINS. IT SOLVED OUR FAMILY HISTORY.

wyattshane1 (View posts)
Posted: 5 Nov 2009 6:24PM GMT
I have had my DNA tested and would be interested in comparing. I trace my line to Sir Tomas through Haute Wyatt. My email address is wyatt_shane@hotmail.com

Thanks
Shane

Re: Wyatt's in Mo and KS (DNA Test)

Fontaine Wiatt (View posts)
Posted: 5 Nov 2009 11:24PM GMT
Surnames: Wiatt Wyatt
Hi Shane.

My haplotype is I1. What is yours ? What company did you test with ?

Can you really trace your line to Haute with little doubt ??

I know only one Wiatt/Wyatt family in the US that has the papers to trace their line to Conquest.

Thanks.

William Wyatt

wyattshane1 (View posts)
Posted: 6 Nov 2009 1:05AM GMT
My haplotype is R1b1b2, I'm told it used to be called R1b3. I had my DNA tested by the Sorenson Molecular Genealogy Foundation, which reports some markers differently than Ancestry.com. I converted them according to Ancestry.com's guidelines and entered them manually. I wouldn't say I trace my line to Haute Wyatt with little doubt. This is how I believe it goes;

Haute Wyatt b. 1594 England
Edward b. 1619 England
Conquest b. 1615 Virginia
James b. 1674 Virginia
James b. 1710 Virginia
William b. 1730 Virginia
George b. 1764 South Carolina
George b. 1810 Kentucky
*Charles Crittenden b. 1841 Kentucky
Jesse Oran b. 1884 Missouri
Oran Newton b. 1909 Colorado
Jesse Allen b. 1940 Colorado
Shane Allen b. 1968 Wyoming

The Charles Crittenden Wyatt marked with a * is the question mark. I know my descent from Charles is correct, and the descent from Haute to Charles was documented in a book called "On Down the Line". I have scanned copies of the pages from this book documenting the descent. It can also be found on the LDS site www.familysearch.org.

The problem is that the Charles marked may be two different people. The author of the book swears his Charles's middle name was Colby, but I know my Charlses's middle name was Crittenden. The book's author says Charles's middle name comes from an uncle, but he has a paternal uncle named Colby and a maternal uncle named Crittenden. Both Charles's were born in Kentucky 3 Dec 1841. I have a cousin, descended from another child of Charles's than me, that claims to know Charles's father was George Wyatt Jr. But I've never seen any written proof.

To complicate things I found a person in Texas who submitted DNA results from a Wyatt cousin. Ancestry.com estimates we share a common ancestor within 14 generations. He traces his descent from Haute differently from me, and the only common ancestor we would have on the Wyatt side is Haute.

I'm hoping to find someone with a proven descent from Haute so that I can compare my DNA to. If it matches, then the Charles listed above is correct.

Shane

Fontaine Wiatt (View posts)
Posted: 7 Nov 2009 3:51PM GMT
Surnames: Wiatt Wyatt

Thanks Shane.

Since you said that you can trace your line to Sir Thomas through Haute Wyatt I assumed that you had some type of documentation.

I tested with both FTDNA and SMGF and I have also loaded my results with Ancestry and Ysearch.

Here is some info for you and others :
For those of you who have participated with any Y-DNA analysis company, you can manually load your Y-DNA data to Ysearch.org.

For those of you who have participated in the Family Tree DNA test, you can automatically upload your Family Tree DNA data to Ysearch.

Ysearch is a division of FTDNA and is a free service. You can compare DNA results to anyone else in the database but it does not calculate generational distance & probabilities.

Here is their web site : www.ysearch.org

There is a monkey-wrench for many of us.

I don’t mean to be a skunk at the party, and Dr Steven Perkins can correct me if I am wrong, most of the Wiatts/Wyatts who have tested have a haplogroup of R1___
and some have the haplogroup of I1.
Wiatts/Wyatts in group R1 are not related (within 10000 years + ) to those in I1; at least not through their male line.

What this means is that men in Group in R1 and those in I1 can NOT be both descended from Hawte. I suppose that it is possible that men in neither group are descended from Hawte.

There are three Wiatt/Wyatt clans who have tested with FTDNA that have been matched with each other in a I1 sub-group.

What makes their group unique is that each family has
documentation that puts their male line in Gloucester County, Va in the 18th century. Each family claims a different son of Conquest as who they are descended from.
The family that claims that they are from Francis (b. ca 1670) has very, very good documentation.

Other than these three families, I know of no other
Wiatt/Wyatt family in the world that can place (with documentation) their ancestors in Gloucester County in the18th century or earlier.

Of course these facts do not prove that these 'I1' families are descended from Hawte but I know of no Wyatts in the R1 group that has similar documentation.

That is what I think I know.

FYI in case anyone is interested - Alex Wiatt is publishing an updated edition of his 1980 book "the Wiatt Family of Virginia" soon.

Best wishes,

W W
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions