Search for content in message boards

Hessen

Hessen

jacrettig (View posts)
Posted: 9 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 25 Jun 2001 12:15AM GMT
Surnames: BITSCH, BORMUTH, GERON, MARQUART, VETTER
I have a 7 generation tree, all families from Hessen; BITSCH, BANGERT, BECHTEL, BICKEL, BICKELHAUPT, BORMUTH, BRENDLER, BRANDSTATTER, DIETER, DOBEL, EBERLING, GASSMANN, GERON, GOTH, GRIESER, HAUCK, HEBERLE, HILD, HULSS, JAGER, KOCH, KOPP, KATZENMEYER, RETTIG, PFEIFFER, SCHWOBEL, ZIEGENFUSS and many more.

64686 Reichenbach, Starkenburg > ca 1847-48 Tiffin OH USA

MMcLean0865 (View posts)
Posted: 1 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 27 Dec 2002 6:23AM GMT
Surnames: BORMUTH
John Peter Bormuth married Anna Catherine Hildenbeutil 30 Aug 1840, Evangelisch Reichenbach Starkenburg Hessen. Son Adam born 22 Feb 1846 at Lindenfels, Hessen-Darmstadt. Possible brothers Theobold and John. To Tiffin OH area possibly 1847 or 1848.

Re: Hessen

Dawn Umble (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jul 2001 4:09AM GMT
unsure of where Hessen is but am interested in any info on hild family. My great great grandfather was Jacob F. Hild (born 1855 in Wurtemberg Germany. He immigrated to the US (lincoln, Illinois) with his parents and siblings in 1865. He also lived in Kansas and Nebraska. If you have any info on this line of hilds I would appreciate a message back from you.

JRettia (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jul 2001 10:59PM GMT
Edited: 2 Mar 2003 6:18PM GMT
I have no info on Jacob Hild.

ConnieSnyder18 (View posts)
Posted: 3 Oct 2001 1:33AM GMT
Edited: 21 Feb 2004 3:09AM GMT
Surnames: Bitsch, Bormuth, Lederer
I have been tracing family of great-grandfather Johann Adam Rettig of Bucyrus, Ohio, originally from Lindenfels, Bensheim, Hessen; whose mother was Margaretha Bormuth, b. 1815 and whose paternal grandmother was Agnes Bitsch, b. <1776 Do you have any info on these lines?

Happy to share quite a bit of descendants info that I have but can't seem to get beyond Agnes and Margaretha in tracing ancestors. Can you help?

Re: RETTIG, BORMUTH, BITSCH

JRettia (View posts)
Posted: 3 Oct 2001 11:09PM GMT
Edited: 2 Mar 2003 6:18PM GMT
Hi Connie,
I have a RETTIG surname list which may help you with the RETTIG name. Most of my RETTIGs are from Heppenheim, but some are from Bensheim (about 4 mi away.) In the US a lot of RETTIG researchers are from NW Ohio.
All of my data can be found at RootsWeb WorldConnect.
I will check my records for BITSCH and BORMUTH. Perhaps we can make a link. I have some other hints for you.
Jim Rettig
jwr184 AT aol . com

Re: Ziegenfuss of Hessen

Brian C Ziegenfuss (View posts)
Posted: 28 Nov 2001 11:16AM GMT
Wie Gehts?
What do you have on the ZIEGENFUSS name?

fam_search2001 (View posts)
Posted: 12 Jan 2002 3:28AM GMT
Surnames: RETTIG, STRICKER
Connie,

Do you have any info on an Adam Rettig b.20 Apr 1895, Rimbach, Hessen. Family folklore says his parents died when he was young. He may have been raised by an uncle, though I have no names/dates. On Mar 15, 1928 he married Emiline Stricker in Solingen. And later moved to the USA where they had 2 sons, Harry and Bruno.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Lori

Posted: 12 Jan 2002 4:41AM GMT
Sorry, Lori - wish I could help. The Adam (Johann Adam) Rettig I know about was born in 1841 in Lindenfels, Hess and emigrated to USA at age 13, settling with his family in Bucyrus, Ohio. One of his several sons, John Adam, was born there in 1872. In my search for great-grandfather Johann Adam, I encountered 2 other Adam Rettigs in Ohio. Must be an especially popular name.

Do you know about the Rettig list run by Jim Rettig? At the moment, the exact address escapes me. Will look it up and advise.

I wish you good luck in your quest.

Sincerely,

Connie Snyder

Posted: 12 Jan 2002 4:47AM GMT
Lori, if you haven't already, try JWR184@aol.com.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions