Search for content in message boards

Cemeteries in County Tyrone, Clonoe Parish, Derrytresk in particular

Cemeteries in County Tyrone, Clonoe Parish, Derrytresk in particular

CarollBaruth (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jun 2011 2:28PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hagan, (Barney)
My ggreat grandfather Barney Hagan was buried in Clonoe Parish per my research thus far. Any direction on cemeteries in this region would be greatly appreciated.

Earlier in his life he had emigrated to the U.S. settling in Iowa, with his wife Margaret or Marguerite.

Re: Cemeteries in County Tyrone, Clonoe Parish, Derrytresk in particular

moren (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jun 2011 5:44PM GMT
Graveyard Name: Clonoe RC
Parish: Clonoe
Town/Townland: Magheramulkenny
County: Tyrone
Surname: HAGAN
Inscription: Erected in memory of Henry Hagan, Derryresk who died 1st May 1901 aged 73 years, also his wife Mary Hagan who died 5th August 1891 aged 62 years, also his daughter Sarah who died 7th February 1914 aged 38 years, also his son Bernard who died 10th October 1929 aged 72 years. R.H.S. Hanna Hagan died 3rd June 1929 aged 40 years, Charles Hagan died 27th October 1948 aged 79 years and his wife Catherine died 12th April 1945 aged 76 years. L.H.S. Patrick Hagan died 28th February 1930 aged 74 years, Joseph Hagan died 15th May 1930 aged 68 years, John Hagan died 4th June 1938 aged 74 years, Mary Ann Hagan died 12th January 1947 aged 84 years.
Other Information: [Granite Celtic cross with rail surround]

Graveyard Name: Clonoe RC
Parish: Clonoe
Town/Townland: Magheramulkenny
County: Tyrone
Surname: HAGAN
Inscription: IHS. Sacred to the memory of Owen Hagan who departed this life August 6th 1846 aged 77 years, also of his wife Bridget Hagan who died the 8th day of June 1836 aged 72 years, also Ann Hagan daughter to John Hagan of Menagh who departed this life August 8th 1857 aged 22 years.

CarollBaruth (View posts)
Posted: 31 Jul 2011 1:21PM GMT
Thank you so much.

ShortB17 (View posts)
Posted: 11 Jan 2012 1:09AM GMT
Surnames: Short, McNight, Thompson, and Foster
Can you please tell me of anybody who is looking up names in cemeteries. I have some people that was from a town once called fivemiletown, Ireland which I think is in Tyrone county. If anybody knows where Scott and Jane (McNight) Short and David and Jane (Foster) Thompson is buried or anything about them I would be truely greatfull. Thank you--- Brenda Short

Re: Cemeteries in County Tyrone, Clonoe Parish,

mulligan1576 (View posts)
Posted: 9 Mar 2013 11:56PM GMT
Hello
I am hoping you can also help me in my search for my grandfather's family. I have Church Burial Record for a Patrick McBride with very few details. It says the Date of Death was 23 October 1926 and the Parish was Clonoe. The notes indicate 'senility'. The 1911, 1921 census' indicate he and his family lived in Moorefield, so I am not sure if it is nearby. According to the census he was 71 in 1911 and a widower. I cannot locate any marriage or death details so hope you can assist. He was not married to my grandmother.
Many thanks.

elwynsoutter1 (View posts)
Posted: 10 Mar 2013 7:48AM GMT
Statutory death records for Northern Ireland from 1922 onwards are not on-line anywhere. You need to contact GRONI, in Belfast if you want a copy of his death cert. They cost £15.

http://www.nidirect.gov.uk/gro

To find Patrick’s marriage, you really need his wife’s name. Otherwise you are just guessing. So you need to get a birth certificate for one of his children. Anne Jane was born in Leitrim. What looks to be her birth was registered in Carrick on Shannon Apr – Jun 1885 Volume 3, page 76. Order a copy of that from GRO Roscommon or from GRONI..

The townland that your ancestor lived in was Drumbinnion. The modern Longhill Road runs across it. It’s a few miles south of Dromore, off the A 32.

Posted: 10 Mar 2013 9:52AM GMT
Thank you very much for the information. I have not ordered a copy of Patrick's death certificate because I have no exact dates. I only found out my grandfather's name a few months ago. A distant cousin told me my great-aunt mentioned a few siblings so we now assume we have the correct family. My grandmother's family (Burns) were from this area and her grandmother was also a McBride...Catherine. May Burns (my grandmother) was pregnant when she arrived in Western Australia. Dad was born July 1921.
I will order the copy of Anne's birth certificate. Many thanks again for the lead.

Posted: 10 Apr 2013 8:22AM GMT
Hello
Thank you so much for the information re Anne. I today received a copy of her birth certicate. Her father is Patrick McBride, and he is a constable in the RIC, and her mother is Elizabeth, nee Maguire. So I am fairly certain I now have my great-grandmother's name to continue the search. I am also waiting for the results of a search I requested with the NI Police Museum which hopefully will confirm Elizabeth's name.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions