Search for content in message boards

Smith graveyard Hudson, Caldwell Co., NC

Smith graveyard Hudson, Caldwell Co., NC

shuler541 (View posts)
Posted: 29 Apr 2011 11:12PM GMT
Classification: Query
Anyone know the location of the Smith (Family?) graveyard in or around Hudson, Caldwell Co., NC? I have seen it named on a couple of NC Death Certificates but have been unable to find any information or its location. Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Kathy in Texas

Re: Smith graveyard Hudson, Caldwell Co., NC

truebluesix (View posts)
Posted: 26 Jun 2012 3:38AM GMT
In the surveys conducted during 1940, the only Smith Cemetery that I could find in Caldwell County is in Lenoir.

shuler541 (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jun 2012 10:05PM GMT
Thank you; Is there any additional information available like its location perhaps or driving directions?
Kathy

truebluesix (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jun 2012 1:47AM GMT
The record from the 1940 survey does not show the location or condition of the cemetery. The survey is entitled "SMITH CEMETERY". There are nine names on this listing.
There is a SMITH/GROVE Cemetery in Lenoir. The directions are: "1/4 mile south of Mt. Hermon Methodist Church on right. Behind second house from church on right. Follow power line right of way 50 yards to the left. Cemetery is twenty feet to left of right of way. There are an additional 12-15 unnamed sites." The address for the church is 2695 Alfred Hartley Rd, Lenoir, NC.
The record I have mentioned contains the following names:
Greene, David L; Smith, Fred M; Smith, George; Smith, George H; Smith, Isaac; Smith, J.C; Smith Louise; Smith, Sarah J; Smith, Susan.
You can browse the cemetery surveys which were conducted during the Great Depression, by going to "North Carolina Digital Collections". Once at the site, look for the box that is on the right hand side of the page which reads "Search All Collections" and enter cemetery.
On the next page, read down the left hand side, select "United States, Work Projects Administration" and click on it. The surveys are compiled by county.

shuler541 (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jul 2012 4:47PM GMT
Wow! What a great web-site. I had no idea these were available on-line. It was very kind and thoughtful of you to share it. Thank you so much.

Kathy

sarahweaver99 (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jul 2012 5:07PM GMT
Have you tried looking at cemeterycensus.com/nc/

truebluesix (View posts)
Posted: 9 Jul 2012 11:20PM GMT
My pleasure. If I can help any further, please let me know.

Jan

shuler541 (View posts)
Posted: 10 Jul 2012 6:42PM GMT
Sarah, thanks for your interest. Jan sent me exactly what I needed.

Folks to love genealogy are so nice. Thanks to all of you who are so helpful.

Kathy
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions