Search for content in message boards

Margaret (Peggy Jane ) Wyatt/White

Margaret (Peggy Jane ) Wyatt/White

CordellaF (View posts)
Posted: 10 Feb 2001 8:23AM GMT
Edited: 8 May 2003 12:10PM GMT
Searching for information on Margaret (Peggy Jane) White b. abt. 1887 Knox Co. Tn. Father listed as James White, mother-Unknown. Peggy married in Wise Co. Va. in 1902.

Thought that it might be a possibility that my Grandmother's last name may be Wyatt instead of White which is listed on her delayed birth certificate. She is my major "brick wall." This is all the information that I have. Hoping to locate a birth record, etc.

Any help would be deeply appreciated.

Thank you
God Bless
Faye

Margaret White

marilyndarnell44 (View posts)
Posted: 17 Feb 2001 8:43PM GMT
Edited: 23 Aug 2002 4:31AM GMT
Was your grandmother's father's name James Odom Wyatt

James Wyatt/White

CordellaF (View posts)
Posted: 18 Feb 2001 8:26AM GMT
Hi Margaret,

Am at a loss on my Grandmother's parents. All I know is that his first name was James, Mother's name may have been Mary but am unsure. Where was your James located? Will be looking forward to your reply.

Thank you
God Bless
Faye

jAMES WYATT

Posted: 18 Feb 2001 10:12AM GMT
THE JAMES WYATT I AM THINKING ABOUT WAS JAMES ODOM WYATT, BORN 1833, MARRIED 1854, HIS FATHER IS DANIEL WYATT, BORN OCT 17, 1789 AND DIED 1869 AND I BELIEVE HIS MOTHER IS MARY POLLY JOHNSON BORN APRIL 8, 1798 AND DIED 1870. HIS SIBLINGS ARE
WILLIAM D WYATT
CYNTHIA WYATT
HUBBARD W WYATT
PERMELIA WYATT
ALFRED S WYATT
ABRAHAM WYATT
REUBEN WYATT
GEORGE W WYATT

IF ANY OF THIS HELPS, LET ME KNOW.

MARILYN

James Wyatt/White

CordellaF (View posts)
Posted: 21 Feb 2001 12:08PM GMT
Hi,

From what little I can gather James Wyatt/White took my Grandmother Peggy Jane/Margaret Wyatt/White to Wise, Co. VA in 1902 where she married James Monroe Roberts. They stayed in Wise & raised a large family. Rumor has it that on the day of my Grandmother's marriage her father, James, left and was never seen again. My mother has told me that my Grandmother did speak of a brother that she often went to visit by the name of Alfred. My Grandmother said that she was born in Knox Co. TN 1887, that her mother died when she was very young. If my memory serves me correctly the name Mary was mentioned. Mother or stepmother? Don't know.

Do you know if your Alfred was in Virginia during the above time frame?

Thanks for all your help
God Bless
Faye

So as you can see I am really looking for a "needle in a haystack."

James Wyatt

Posted: 21 Feb 2001 8:37PM GMT
Dear Fay,
I don't know if James Odom Wyatt was in Virginia or not. I was just thinking that if he married in 1854, having a child in 1887, that's a lot of years later. On the other hand, It was done, especially that many years ago. Also, James O's grandson, John D Wyatt, may have gone by the name James. He was born in 1852 which would put him closer to the timeframe of your Grandmothers birth in 1887. I am waiting to get in touch with a distant relative in Seagoville, Tx. who has extensive geneology done on the Wyatt family. I will be happy to share what I find with you. If you have a fax, give me the number and I will fax over the pedigree I have so far on the Wyatt's and maybe sometime in the future, you will be able to tie it to something else.

God bless you,

Marilyn Darnell

Judea Ann Wyatt

CabbyD (View posts)
Posted: 24 Feb 2001 2:54PM GMT
Edited: 2 Apr 2006 11:49PM GMT
Marily, would you happen to have any info on Judea Ann Wyatt's ancestors? She is my gggrandmother. I am from the Shelton line and would be happy to share what I have from Judea to date. Thanks, George cabdag@aol.com

Re: James Wyatt/White

Jean Tomisek (View posts)
Posted: 3 Aug 2001 2:07AM GMT
Edited: 8 Aug 2001 2:30AM GMT
I have a James Alen Wyatt DOB Nov. 16,1868.

He had 8 living brothers and sisters.

His parents were Mary Ann "Molly" Maxwell Wyatt DOB Nov. 23,1843 and Charles "Charlie" Wyatt DOB June 24,1834.

They were from McMinn Co TN.

Are these your Wyatt's.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions