Search for content in message boards

Drake Family Connections

Drake Family Connections

Travis Drake (View posts)
Posted: 28 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Drake, Bennett, Goodwin, Goodwine
I am seeking any and all information concerning my forebears in Nelson , Spencer, and Bullit Counties. There were many marriages between these families , and I am trying to sort them all out. I am also trying to build a comprehensive analysis of what their proffessions were, and their community involvement. Any help or information would be greatly appreciated. The time periods I am searching range from the early 1700's through late 1800's and beyond. Please help if you can.

GOODWINE, DRAKE

Anonymous (View posts)
Posted: 3 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 8 Jul 2001 11:11AM GMT
Surnames: GOODWINE, GOODWIN
Travis,

Saw your 1999 posting on the Nelson Co, KY GenWeb page.

I am starting to research my GOODWIN/GOODWINE lines. My 4th Great Grandfather John Goodwine, Jr. married Deborah Drake February 02, 1799 from what I see. Is this part of the line you are sorting out?

Will share/exchange information if this is the right line.

Hurrol Goodwin
hurrol@usa.net

Re: GOODWINE, DRAKE

Janiceenk (View posts)
Posted: 10 Sep 2001 10:27PM GMT
Edited: 2 Dec 2002 11:56PM GMT
Surnames: Goodwin, Heady
I am a descendent of John Goodwin and his wife Martha Heady, down from his son William who married Anna Deafendall. I will glady trade info.

Ralph Goodwine (View posts)
Posted: 26 Feb 2002 11:31PM GMT
i too am an descendant of John Goodwine and Martha Heady, We are having a reunio of descendants of John and Martha at the Butler Co. High School in Morgantown Ky. on July 6th, IF interested send me an e-mail.
Ralph Goodwine

Janiceenk (View posts)
Posted: 27 Feb 2002 6:20PM GMT
Edited: 2 Dec 2002 11:56PM GMT
Sorry I cannot attend, but we are having a reunion of some of their descendents here in Martinsville Indiana the same weekend. Take good notes and beg for those with info to tell about it.

Ralph Goodwine (View posts)
Posted: 28 May 2002 1:53PM GMT
Dear Janice , I had written earlier and told you of our Goodwine family reunion.I know you said you were having one in Martinsville at the same time , if you can keep me informed and I will let you know as that what happens here.
I would love to see a big reunion of everyone and I know that ones coming here would also . Please answer and maye sometime we can all get togeather.Thanks a bunch.
Ralph Goodwine

shorky (View posts)
Posted: 27 Feb 2005 1:16AM GMT
Surnames: HEADY/MARTIN
Hi!

I have been seeking ANY info/conectins to my 3x GGrandmother MARY JANE ("POLLY") HEADY born 1801 VA; died 1845 Wayne Co, IL. She married ABRAHAM MARTIN (place/dazte unproven- but we suspect ca: 1823/24 in IL?)

There was a NANCY HEADY living in White Co, IL (next door to Wayne Co, IL) who married a THOMAS MARTIN in 1821.

Could either of these HEADY women be connected to "yours"; and/or Nelson Co, KY???

ANY info/suggestions appreciated- will share

THANKS!

Hurrol Goodwin (View posts)
Posted: 27 Feb 2005 3:13AM GMT
Surnames: HEADY, MARTIN
Sorry,
I have no information on any of the Heady or Martin you listed.

jasheady (View posts)
Posted: 7 Dec 2007 2:46AM GMT
Surnames: Drake, Heady, Goodwin
I would love more information on the Drake Goodman connection.My interesy is Martha Heady Goodwin is my fourth great grandmother and her brother Thomas Jr. is also my fourth great grandfather.
Their daughter Rebecca Goodwin married Thomas III Heady my 3rd great grandfather..
I have seen so much confusion about John Goodwin's orgins...Rightly or wrongly I have gone with Chester county, Pennsylvania connection
William and Mary has a publication where they took a different avenue
I have had several other facts offered that confuse me...
I have quite abit on the drake Goodwin generations following through about the third generation..my email is jas.heady@sbcglobal.net
I am sure I have too much information for this forum..but I am always looking for corrections and new information.Jim Heady

Re: GOODWINE, DRAKE, Martin

jasheady (View posts)
Posted: 7 Dec 2007 2:53AM GMT
I have a Nancy Heady and Robert Martin marrying in White county, Illinois, The date I have is 27 July 1827.
I have not been able to connect her to the descendants of Thomas Heady and Rebekah Stillwell.
I am not saying she is not but only I haven't found a connection.
There are a number of Headys in Illinois that I have not been able to connect
There was immigration taking place there but at a later date.
We know there were Headys in New York and Virginia earlier than our Relative Thomas but again I haven't made a connection.
Hopefully some one else may have more information
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions