Search for content in message boards

Carvers

Carvers

charma551 (View posts)
Posted: 12 Apr 2003 8:20PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Carver and Furgason
Looking for info on Charles Willard Carver (family ) he married my gg aunt? Tina Tomson Furgason (born Feb 10 1891 and died Nov 24 1947 ) about 1931. They had one son before getting a divorce and I believe his name was also Charles and last heard he was believed to be in Virginia. Any info would be greatly welcomed. thanks

Re: Carvers

MSMORGAN3 (View posts)
Posted: 3 Mar 2004 11:21AM GMT
Surnames: Carver, Frazier, ESTES, Bingham, Jones, White, Goldiing
Looking for information on John T Carver 11/23/1833 born Carter Co., KY who married Amma Cetta Peters,4/14/1840 married on nov 25, 1860. They had 13 kids including my great grandmother Alive Gerturde (Gertie) Carver 10/30/1861 who married George Wheeler Estes, Dec 1852, in MO.

Charlene Marvin (View posts)
Posted: 4 Mar 2004 8:06AM GMT
Sorry, Caroline but what I put in my query is the only information I have on the Carvers.

Gregg Mattocks (View posts)
Posted: 15 Sep 2004 3:06AM GMT
Caroline, I have some information on John Thomas Carver (whose birthdate I have as 4 November 1833). I am descended from his son John Morgan Carver, born 5 August 1865, supposedly at Cooper County, Missouri, although the family was in Kentucky about 1864 when daughter Georgella B. was born, and at St. Clair County, Missouri, about 1869 when son James T. was born.

The History of St. Clair County, MO (National Historical Company, 1883), p. 1167, has a sketch of John Thomas with a few apparent errors. They list 16 children for the couple, but the authors apparently split daughter Georgella into "George" and "Ella", and made son Harry Silsky into "Harry" and "Sylva." The authors must have known that the Carvers had only 14 children living as they claimed that two of these children had died young. In reality, I believe, all of their children were living, it's just that the authors "created" two children out of thin air.

In support of this, I draw your attention to the 1880 Census for St. Clair County, page 374B, where the family is enumerated with 12 children. Daughter Ammasetta was born after the census but before the 1883 book. Daughter Fannie Belle had married Robert Delozier and was living next door. Your ancestor Alice Gertrude is there as is mine, John Morgan. Georgella B. (who was transformed into George and Ella) is listed as is Harry Silsky (Harry and Sylva in 1883).

Another daughter was born 9 September 1883, Cora Mabel, making fifteen children in all. (A transcription of Cora's birth certificate is available online at the Missouri State Archives website).

I can confirm your birthdate for Ammasetta, who was born in that part of Virginia which would become Wayne County, West Virginia. Of her parents, I know only that they were born in Virginia.

John Thomas's father and mother were Morgan and Harriet (Pierce) Carver. I am very confused about them right now, as I have a lot of conflicting data about Morgan. I am happy, however, to share what I have.

Thanks for the additional material you provided. I hope we can remain in contact as our research progresses.

wayneohio (View posts)
Posted: 20 Apr 2005 8:27PM GMT
Surnames: Carver,Pierce
See Morgan Carver on my site. I have details not on the site. Recently been found in files of a Carver who passed on she claims our Morgan Carver first wife was HARRIET PIERCE and that they m. 1814 Albemarle Co,Va. Major brickwall breakthrough it would appear. I had a Thomas listed as Morgans son but no info.
I have copies Morgans military warrants etc. I have all his children, grandchildren etc. He is my 3rd Gr-Grandpa thru his son George Washington Carver. Morgans father Lawrence and his father Pvt Henry Carver Rev.War. When I saw the name Harriett Pierce I knew I hit Gold (Or seem to have). By the way "my" Morgan has a son Morgan, a son Pierce, and Harriet's in family.

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~kycarvers/

lesfisch2010 (View posts)
Posted: 3 Apr 2013 5:44PM GMT
I believe that my father, Charles Willard "Chuck" Carver, was their son. He settled in Hampton, married, and had four children.

The senior Mr. Carver lived in Orange County, California. He remarried twice. He passed away in the '70's.

I am having my sister check the family files. However, my Dad was not close to his father, and I don't believe that we know a lot more.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions