Search for content in message boards

Putnam United Church Cemetery, Dorchester North Twp

Putnam United Church Cemetery, Dorchester North Twp

marilynford43 (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jan 2005 1:41AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 16 Mar 2005 8:14AM GMT
Can anyone tell me where this place is in Middlesex, Co. ONt. please and help me find the cemetery .

Re: Putnam United Church Cemetery, Dorchester North Twp

robinator (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jan 2005 1:18PM GMT
The town of Putnam is located about 20 minutes east of London, 1 mile north of the 401. Putnam United Church, and the cemetery are 100 yards east of the centre of town.

Re: Putnam United Church Cemetery

Posted: 19 Jan 2005 2:33PM GMT
Edited: 28 Feb 2005 3:48PM GMT
Surnames: Gorham
Thank you for answering my message. My great, great, grandparents are buried there as well as my great, great, great grandfather and they are ARam/Aaron Gorham and his wife, Mary Wilcox, and Stephen Gorham. Do u ever go to this cemetery and take pictures by chance? i would love to have them of their gravestones. Just let me know. I am trying to locate the grave or anything about Stephen Gorham's wife and i don;t know her name except it is Ruth ??. Maybe she is buried there but not sure. Do be in touch. Any Gorham info, u may have would be wonderful. Marilyn

Lee (View posts)
Posted: 20 Feb 2005 5:19PM GMT
Edited: 16 Mar 2005 8:14AM GMT
I saw your posting for the Putnam Cem. I have a list of the person`s buried there as most of my husbands family are buried there ,so if you e-mail me back and tell me who you are searching for i can tell where they are buried .
Thank You Lee

Posted: 20 Feb 2005 10:06PM GMT
Edited: 28 Feb 2005 3:48PM GMT
Surnames: Wilcox, Gorham
I am looking for Aram/Aaron Gorham born 5-7-1805 and died 7-17-1877 in INgersoll, Ont. cAnada and his wife, Mary Wilcox, born 1-5-1807 and she died 7-13-1898 in Canada. Also, Stephen Gorham who i know is Aram's father born c 1775 in VErmont. Please let me know if you see these people buried in the Putnam Church Cem as i was told they were. Thank you so much. If you see other Gorhams or the Wilcox name, please let me know also. Is this a big cemetery? My family of Gorhams were from around Ingersoll and then married into my McIntyre family.

Lee (View posts)
Posted: 21 Feb 2005 2:00PM GMT
Edited: 16 Mar 2005 8:13AM GMT
Yes I see Aram and he is buried in row 22 -11
Mary row 22-11 Stephen row 22-11 but that is all I have . Some of the records for the Cem. were put in the basement of the church and got wet, but you can go to the church and maybe they will still have some recorders .If I can help you with this search just let me know has I live not far from the church .No it is not a big Cem .
Good luck
Lee

Posted: 21 Feb 2005 8:04PM GMT
Edited: 16 Mar 2005 8:12AM GMT
Surnames: Gorham, Wilcox
Thank you so much for the cemetery listings for Aram and Mary and Stephen. I am sure this is the Stephen that is ARam's father. Aram and Mary Wilcox Gorham are my great, great, great grandparents on my mother's side. If you can locate any church records for them or any info. at all, i would love to have all that you have. Please be in touch. I well may never get to Canada but one never knows. But would love any records or pics you could find for me, If you ever take cemetery pics that would be wonderful and i would pay you also. I have a pic of Mary but that is all.

Lee (View posts)
Posted: 21 Feb 2005 8:33PM GMT
As soon as the weather brakes here i will go and take pic. of their graves for you .Please snd me your e-mail address so i can get some information at the church. I can only go to the church on Thursday moroning but i would be happy to see what i can find for you .
Thanks Lee

Posted: 22 Feb 2005 3:35PM GMT
Edited: 16 Mar 2005 8:12AM GMT
I would love the grave pictures when you have time to take them and email them to me. thank you really so much. My email is suecek39@hotmail.com. I can get pictures there for sure. do be in touch soon.

Lee (View posts)
Posted: 22 Feb 2005 3:57PM GMT
Yes you can get pic. from there but beaware I have been there and there are some stones that you can read because they are so old but I will do my best to see what I can do for you.It might be a couple of days but I will be intouch .Where are you from.
Lee
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com |  Privacy |  Terms and Conditions